Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:53:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATE 2/20/2015] Map of coins - the history of ALL altcoins www.mapofcoins.com  (Read 11532 times)
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 09:59:07 PM

Thanks for updating that database
It's quite a lot of altcoins always reminds me of how the madness of the altcoin system grows Smiley

Thanks for the feedback!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:31:58 PM

This is really cool! I've been interested in a project like this, making a genesis tree of Bitcoin and all its forks. Are you planning to include ALL altcoins ever made? Or only those that maintain an active network? I really like the idea, but looks like the map is very cluttered.

Also, if you don't mind the specs for Digitalcoin(DGC) are off, it was updated to use 3 PoW algorithms, you can find all the details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785601.0

I know some coins were forked from DGC and they aren't on the map; likely many of them have died off.. this is an ambitious project! I'm keeping this website bookmarked and will reference it to others. Good luck mapping this mess out!

Thank you for your contribution! We will add 3 PoW algorithms to the Digital Coin’s specifications!

Please point out the exact specifications of this coin that we need to change.

Concerning the project, we are not planning to get rid of altcoins that become dead afterwards. It is like a tribute of cryptocurrencies’ history. Also there are lots of people who want to investigate the past of cryptocurrency world.  

Another case is when the launched coins become dead immediately after their market entrance. Such coins usually have no source code or binaries available for users. If these coins are mistakenly included in the tree we would like to be the first who know about it.

I agree with you about the cluttered map. I am confident we will find another way of visualizing it. If someone has ideas we are welcome to consider them.

Excellent, thanks! Certainly hard to map so many coins. Could you make the circle larger, and add some space between the coin names? It would be cool to color code them, maybe based on # of transactions being made on each network? Any kind of indicator to show how much activity there is in the coin.

Here are the updated specifications for Digitalcoin. Also note the ANN thread and Source Code links have changed. Thanks for your work Smiley

---

Info:

Digitalcoin is an open-source cryptocurrency focused on transparency and reliability. It is an attempt at an "ideal" cryptocurrency environment for everyday people; there was no premine or instamine, and faithful PoW block rewards scaled over the next decade give it an honest economy. Digitalcoin has a dedicated development team that provides client maintenance to ensure future relevance.

Digitalcoin is not owned by any central authority, as such its parameters can be changed should there be enough public interest to do so. The most active of our community can be found in the #digitalcoin channel on freenode IRC servers. We are glad to hear any and all concerns or ideas. Anyone interested in investing their time to the digitalcoin network are more than welcome to join.

Specifications:

Scrypt, X11, SHA256
    Proof of work only
    Block Time, sec: 40
    Reward, coins per block: 5
    Reward Info: Rewards grew from 0 to 20, then later reduced to 5
    Halfing reward cycle, blocks: Reward halves every three years
    Total coins: 48,166,000
    Difficulty cycle, blocks: Changes every 108 blocks, no more than %25 up/down
    Difficulty Info: Difficulty started at 0.00024414.

Announce: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785601
Code: https://github.com/DGCFoundation/digitalcoin/releases

I'm now thinking on the user-friendly map design where you could see all the coins.

Perfectly! The next update will be this week.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:25:12 AM

I'm now thinking on the user-friendly map design where you could see all the coins.

Looking forward to it Smiley I have the site bookmarked and will check it periodically. There is potential here as a 'go-to' resource for cryptocurrency history. Listing them by date created would be interesting to see.
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 11:12:37 AM

Looking forward to it Smiley I have the site bookmarked and will check it periodically. There is potential here as a 'go-to' resource for cryptocurrency history. Listing them by date created would be interesting to see.

Oh! I will think about adding the filter for exact dates! It is a good idea!
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:51:56 PM

Guys, a million apologies for such incident!

Starting Saturday there have been some technical bugs with the contribution form. In order not to loose the specs of your cryptocurrencies please fill them in the second time http://mapofcoins.com/contribution.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:38:19 PM

Goldcoin (GLD) was launched in May 2013 not July 2013.  Smiley
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 11:31:01 AM

Goldcoin (GLD) was launched in May 2013 not July 2013.  Smiley

Thank you! I'll add this change with the next update.
Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 05:42:35 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/qodndh.png

Guys! I am extremely happy to announce the New update of mapofcoins.com .
We’ve made a significant progress on the cryptocurrency library.  Mostly we’ve paid attention to the functional part.
Probably you remember a giant amount of coins which was put together in a chaotic way. From now on you can perform analysis of all cryptocurrency data.

With a brand new function you can now choose the Specific Algorithm like:

SHA-2
Scrypt
Quark
X11
Boulderhash
CryptoNight
Wild Keccak
Multi-Algo
Others

and see the highlighted cryptocurrencies by the chosen Algo!

Another new feature is the division of cryptocurrencies into two groups: defunct & running. With the help of “Condition” Filter you can see which coins are developing and which are gone. If some cryptocurrencies become alive, I hope to receive a message from you. Smiley

And the other thing that cannot go unnoticed is the Visualization Part.

https://i.imgur.com/2PfbAcF.png?1

To help you navigate with more convenience we've made big changes to the BTC coin tree. Now you can look at the map more thoroughly and find out which cryptocurrencies have been released on any particular month.

I hope that mapofcoins.com now could be a good place not only for looking through different cryptocurrencies within the time but also a great instrument for making marketing and business analysis.

P.S. Develop and stay tuned with the cryptocurrency world!

Ada_and_Alternative (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 03:28:01 PM

Check out cryptocurrencies for May, June, July on http://mapofcoins.com/bitcoin.
We're sill processing our users' requests! So don't postpone contributions! If you want to add a new coin, technology, fill out the Contribution Form http://mapofcoins.com/contribution!

We are waiting! Smiley Wink
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:34:01 AM

Man this is still a long list of coins
Nice to see a September update it's always impressive to see the sheer number of new additions to the list and someone that keeps track of them.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Roquene

Activity: 420
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:57:48 AM

Yep, that's evolution.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:51:01 AM

iXCoin is the second oldest alt-coin in the world, launched less than 2 weeks after Namecoin, with the latter being the first alt in the world.

People need to stop spewing garbage about Litecoin being the first alt when it wasn't even the first script alt.

Let's get this straight and clear before iXCoin commences its Brutal Global Domination.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:53:24 AM

Nuggets (NUGs) was launched in May 2013, in the first 25 coins to ever be born.

And ShitCoin (SHT) was in the first top 50, born soon after Nuggets.

These two coins will prove to be two of the most important developments in the history of Crypto.   Wink

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 03:55:18 AM

Here is HARD proof that iXCoin is the second oldest alt-coin in the world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: