Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:13:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are going down again? Bithumb HACKED (30MIL USD)  (Read 465 times)
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:52:08 AM

Hello, I just woke up and I see another bad news.
Bithumb was hacked and hackers stole coins worth about 30 million USD (100 million USD?). But Bithumb promised that they will cover this loss.

Do you think it will affect the price of Bitcoin (altcoins)?

Yeah bithumb did actually get hacked and coins were indeed stolen. The affects were immediate but wasn't devastating. The price was going up and reached $6,700 but this hack kinda put a stop to it and the price fell down to $6,550. This is going to be temporary.
These hacks are becoming a common scenario sadly. Hope we develop further more so we don't have to be facing such trouble any more.
At least the bithumb company has already taken a right step to prevent the majority of traders and investors are feeling panic caused by that hacked case, It looks like the bitcoin and altcoin will be stable or this time it is getting a slightly increase after the downtrend caused by the hacked case of bithumb

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Bianxee

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:55:42 AM

Bithumb was hacked and hackers stole coins worth about 30 million USD (100 million USD?). But Bithumb promised that they will cover this loss.

It already affects the both price and its not just a small exchange bithumb is a big korean exchange that i know so that is a big issue. If they will cover it i think it is more on FUD in the market that is a very big amount to cover and i don't think they will do it and they gave assurance as fast like the news.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:26:20 AM

i think this situation will effect on altcoin that have large korean supporter like pundi x, auto/cube etc..last time with hacker pundi x stop trading on idex..
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

I don’t think such a small amount of theft will bring the bitcoin price down and that too when bithumb has promised to recover the loss. It will be better not to spread such news as this might mmake people panicked. The market is alright and will recover soon.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:35:38 PM

really what do you say? from where did you get that information? can you provide links from sources of information you get?
Try using Google: https://www.coindesk.com/bithumb-exchanges-31-million-hack-know-dont-know/

I just hope that they will cover the losses of all those people who trusted them.
And yes, bitcoin lost around $200 a couple of hours after the publication about the hack attack.
So we can see that security issues indeed affect the market and prices.
obility

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:38:55 PM

I had the news and I was so sad about it and I am happy the Bithumb will be refunding the users that lost their cryptos on the platform, and I don't think it will affect the market though it might discourage some new people seeking to join the space because they will be afraid of their money.
usekevin

Activity: 2240
Merit: 562

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

You have the valid points.When any negative news came about bitcoin,it will surely affect the price of bitcoin.Whenever the price of bitcoin is reduced from current market price,it will affect the price of altcoin too.If you have a doubt in this ,you can check now .The price of bitcoin and most of altcoin is reduced.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

The good thing about trading on large exchanges is that they have enough funds to cover any losses suffered by their traders. They have indeed promised to refund all affected users and i'm sure they will tighten security after this

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:53:54 PM

really what do you say? from where did you get that information? can you provide links from sources of information you get?
Try using Google: https://www.coindesk.com/bithumb-exchanges-31-million-hack-know-dont-know/

I just hope that they will cover the losses of all those people who trusted them.
And yes, bitcoin lost around $200 a couple of hours after the publication about the hack attack.
So we can see that security issues indeed affect the market and prices.
They need to take charge, if they still want to continue their business they not to take this responsibilities, this new hack affect the movement,
we seen some rise before this hacked happen but now things fell back and the value is down again, negative news affect those panic seller who
maybe loses bunch of money when bitgrail was hack previously.
tokenlion

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 05:56:10 PM

The market didn't really suffer after the Bithumb hack. $30 million wasn't a huge loss compared to the total marketcap. We are still holding up.
deodecagone

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:58:52 PM

this news has not greatly affected the market of crypto currency, now bitcoin again wants to grow, will soon again test $ 8000
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

Nothing happened. Market keep patience. All movings are fluctuations only. And Bithumb delete own tweet about it. What does it mean? Simply manipulations and nothing more

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 06:12:27 PM

I read the news this morning, This shows that security is extremely important and should be paid more attention, and there were a lot of exchanges that were hacked by hackers. However, Bithumb said that they have timely prevented and taken measures, the money stolen will be returned to Bithumb investors, so that the damage is not too large. I also find that the impact of this to Bitcoin is not too big, even the price of BTC is a bit positive, hoping that the market will soon return.
Accertarsi

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

As the whole system of cryptocurrency is decentralized so the issue of hacking of excanges will remain till the end. So it is our duty to handle these situations by keeping backup plans.
kuzawi

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:34:47 PM

30M usd are a lot for us but are nothing on the market.
cryptotaste007

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:55:36 PM

Though a huge amount has been lost from bithimb, it has a less impact on the market till now. Price of altcoins has not been affected a lot. However, this is totally unexpected. Traders will loss their interest in the market and to keep their money in exchanges as well.
gary_57

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:14:53 AM

Is there any valid link to justify this information. However, this is really sad to know about this issue. I hope it won't affect much on the price of crypto market.
laracastvue

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:17:32 AM

In my own opinion, it will really be affecting the price of cryptocurrency because there are a lot of people who are scared for their coins to be stolen in the market so maybe the price might decrease on other markets.
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 03:31:53 AM

I think this is a big issue here. Such hacking makes people to panic much and they sell their coin out of panic. I think bitcoin price going down can be because of the bitthumb hacking.
linkHA

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:49:02 AM

This affects the price of bitcoin in the short term.
However, at the moment, bitcoin is still around $6.7k, so I don't think it will have much impact in the medium term.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: