Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:23:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you look for verified information about crypto and ICO?  (Read 254 times)
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:40:40 AM

There are hundreds of cryptomedia & listings nowadays.
But after quick research, I realised that there are few resources where you can find all info about ICOs and crypto in one place.

And I've found this resource: https://forico.io

On this platform I found info about ICOs, agencies, experts, media, events, listings. Every project is rated by analysts.

What do you think about that? What else maybe you would like to see on a platform like this?
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:42:07 AM

You shpuld not be depending on any one platform to get your information about ICO's or any new crypto related projects. Best place is here at bitcointalk, then there are other places like twiiter, telegram and discord channels of the particular project that you may be interested in.

general.klo

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:45:10 AM

Thanks for sharing, interesting platform, but i don't understand how exactly they decide about the rating
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:48:01 AM

You shpuld not be depending on any one platform to get your information about ICO's or any new crypto related projects. Best place is here at bitcointalk, then there are other places like twiiter, telegram and discord channels of the particular project that you may be interested in.

Thank you for your advice! Maybe you can advice me which channels exactly?
aleksandra_kickcity

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

Great service, i like that everything is connected (like ICOs with experts, agencies with projects and so on). I would like to see there more ICOs and maybe some "News" section.
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:53:52 AM

Actually, ICOBench is a good site, they give an honest opinion about the projects, and the main rate is made by experts who are independent.
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:56:52 AM

Great service, i like that everything is connected (like ICOs with experts, agencies with projects and so on). I would like to see there more ICOs and maybe some "News" section.

Actually, i was also thinking about that  Cheesy Thanks for your opinion Wink
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:58:47 AM

Actually, ICOBench is a good site, they give an honest opinion about the projects, and the main rate is made by experts who are independent.

Yes, but since they've started to ask money for becoming an expert, I'm not sure that i can trust their ratings.. Embarrassed
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:04:32 AM

Yes, but since they've started to ask money for becoming an expert, I'm not sure that i can trust their ratings.. Embarrassed
I am comfortable with this site, I can find a lot of information without resorting to other sources. I also do not trust the ratings, it's best to study everything yourself and not rely on someone's opinion.

dreadfullICO

Activity: 197

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:08:37 AM

I personally look for the projects at www.icoguide.com - the platform makes it easy to compare ICOs at the home page, without going to the particular project descriptions, besides rates seems to be not paid.
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:13:25 AM

I am comfortable with this site, I can find a lot of information without resorting to other sources. I also do not trust the ratings, it's best to study everything yourself and not rely on someone's opinion.

Yes, the best way to make a right decision is to check on more or less verified websites and after decide by your own research!
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:15:20 AM

I personally look for the projects at www.icoguide.com - the platform makes it easy to compare ICOs at the home page, without going to the particular project descriptions, besides rates seems to be not paid.

Thanks for the link! But there are only ICOs, and I would like to get more info about the crypto-world in one place;)
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:17:49 AM

It might be a good site, but do you really want to rely on a single source? Check multiple ones.

They might make mistakes in terms of rating, possibly resulting bad decision making.
Also, there are plenty of factors, you should check their telegram, bitcointalk ANN thread, etc.

And you should take a look into the project. The "professionals" rating these ICOs spend little time on judging each ICO, so you should do a deeo research on the project you want to invest into.
Check the feasibility of their main idea, check the credibility and try to judge the competency of their team, and the connections they have. These factors are possibly the most important ones.
Then, have a read on the whitepaper (again), paying attention on what have been emphasized, what words did they use and what might be the meaning behind it. After translating 3 Whitepapers, I realised there can be so much hidden meaning behind the most frequently used words - and plenty of times, in negative ways.

So all in all, I'd say dont rely on a single source, and do your research.
Best of luck investing into ICOs!
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:18:13 AM

I have never really been a fan of relying on analysts or whoever it is in making quality decisions. This is my money and I do proper digging and research myself to know which project I should be investing in, why I should be investing in it, and what I stand to gain if it ends up working out well and this is where the idea of checking for product abaialbility, a team that looks like can deliver and the prospect of the coin or token generating huge demand based on the product in future. As long as you are an investor, you have to do it yourself.
localcrypto

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:20:33 AM

if u are looking for verified ico results then u need to check this website on regular basics they are icorating.com and ccn.com both the website exclusive information about upcoming ico programs
general.klo

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:36:35 AM

if u are looking for verified ico results then u need to check this website on regular basics they are icorating.com and ccn.com both the website exclusive information about upcoming ico programs

Yes, thanks. But what about other crypto-things like agencies, media and so on? I realised that we don't have a big choice of such resources where all the info is collected together, that is why i think that https://forico.io/ has really great point.

Maybe you know something else like this?
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:37:46 AM

Yes, thanks. But what about other crypto-things like agencies, media and so on? I realised that we don't have a big choice of such resources where all the info is collected together, that is why i think that https://forico.io/ has really great point.

Maybe you know something else like this?

Cool that you support me. I was thinking about ICO bench also, a lot of info and its rather well structured
petergo13

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:42:41 AM

I normally just look for reviews in various places, not the standard sites like ICOBench though.
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:34:14 PM

I normally just look for reviews in various places, not the standard sites like ICOBench though.

Can you clarify, please, where do you look?
crypto_blockchain43 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

I have never really been a fan of relying on analysts or whoever it is in making quality decisions. This is my money and I do proper digging and research myself to know which project I should be investing in, why I should be investing in it, and what I stand to gain if it ends up working out well and this is where the idea of checking for product abaialbility, a team that looks like can deliver and the prospect of the coin or token generating huge demand based on the product in future. As long as you are an investor, you have to do it yourself.

I see your point and can agree with that but you can't say anything about the project if you don't make some research before, that's why at least on the first step any investor is looking for some information, after makes some analysis and then decides by relying on his own thoughts, previous experience, the idea of an ICO and so on
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: