Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:32:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Musician Akon is Launching a new Cryptocurrency.  (Read 449 times)
richan (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:18:38 PM

Senegal-born star Akon launching a new cryptocurrency called Akoin that will be available for sale in two weeks with hopes it will help further help the continent. Akon said in the interview thatr "I think that blockchain and crypto could be the savior for Africa in many ways because it brings the power back to the people and brings the security back into the currency system and also allows the people to utilize it in ways where they can advance themselves and not allow government to do those things that are keeping them down"

source: https://pagesix.com/2018/06/19/akon-set-to-launch-cryptocurrency-called-akoin/
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:20:48 PM

I mean when your good old days are gone you do anything to get some more bread I guess... Anyways, it's good publicity for bitcoin and cryptocurrencies all in all so I'm not hating

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
trill312

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:21:46 PM

Senegal-born star Akon launching a new cryptocurrency called Akoin that will be available for sale in two weeks with hopes it will help further help the continent. Akon said in the interview thatr "I think that blockchain and crypto could be the savior for Africa in many ways because it brings the power back to the people and brings the security back into the currency system and also allows the people to utilize it in ways where they can advance themselves and not allow government to do those things that are keeping them down"

https://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/akon.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

Good news. American disregard crypto's ban it shows the bright prospect for our community.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:27:10 PM

Well as long as it has a celebrity who knows nothing about cryptocurrency behind it then it will be a sure winner. They should not even bother producing a whitepaper. A website with a few of his videos should do it. Just make sure that in the video's there are lots of young women in Bikini's and lots of expensive toys like Lambo's.

JustinBrenda

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:01:18 PM

Wow! sounds really interesting. I really doubt how much he knows about the market but still having such a celebrity with the community will do some possitive publicity on the part of crypto currency.
Quras

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:25:52 AM

Sounds fun. party up!
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:28:41 AM

If this singer launched his crypto last year 2017 then it might have a better future. But now i doubt it, Even a good companies with good business portfolio and product is having difficulties on their ICO market price.

I expect that there will be a major pump and dump on this coin.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:29:52 AM

I can hear what you thinking, there is available some bounties ?
I dont remember any success music oriented project, maybe in one day it was changed

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
pickledmuffin

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:38:32 AM

https://nyppagesix.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/akon.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

source: https://pagesix.com/2018/06/19/akon-set-to-launch-cryptocurrency-called-akoin/

With the history of African currencies getting devalued by external manipulators, I can understand the drive behind this one, but will there be a major technology gap for those who are less fortunate to actually use this coin?
BTCwin1

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:06:12 AM

I don't know why these celebrities to launch so many altcoin, has nothing to do these tokens and blockchain , so most of the time they just for money, these tokens, without any meaning.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Spice_Joy

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:07:59 AM

I think that the producers actually advised him to do it. This is not his decision or his initiative. His business is music and not crypto currency.
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:11:38 AM

Well, I am not so sure if he would be able to make his Akoin work but I admire that he has big ambitions as to why the coin will be made. The only question I have is this, Africa is BIG. Where will he start and in what way his coin would help Africa? I would say he could start with Zimbabwe's currency problem. And oh, I really wanted to get my hands on those 100 Trillion Zimbabwe dollar notes. Haha.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:20:37 AM

I dont remember any success music oriented project, maybe in one day it was changed
It is not a music oriented project. Akoin is a cryptocurrency that will be used in the planned Akon Crypto City, a city where all transactions will be 100% crypto based. He was given about 2000 acres of land by the Senegalese government to develop this city.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:35:31 AM

I've seen this before few days ago and I thought it was just a meme Akon - Akoin and now it's totally real when I've watched CNBC news.

If this singer launched his crypto last year 2017 then it might have a better future. But now i doubt it, Even a good companies with good business portfolio and product is having difficulties on their ICO market price.

I expect that there will be a major pump and dump on this coin.
You have a point, last year was the best year and era for ICOs and new tokens but now it gets weirder and weirder day by day.

Anyways, it's good publicity for bitcoin and cryptocurrencies all in all so I'm not hating
My feeling was different on this and I don't have much hate too or I'm just still a fan of him?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:24:23 AM

Interesting news.  He's a good singer.  Will it be here, make a good coin?  Well done, I wish him luck.  Let's see, in any case, the idea is excellent.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:27:12 AM

Akon is one of the famous and legend singer in the world based on his initiative I t really makes me happy because this is also good news for crypto world also this may help the African country because he will focus there also they can reduce their poverty and this may help them to increase economic growth.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 12:12:58 PM

It sounds good, seeing akon is so famous and hoping to help Africa. More and more countries are starting to use crypto, the better it is. I think Akon should seek support from the local government to help him succeed the coins he launched.
BlakeMye

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:25:18 PM

Akon, given he was very famous at one time will create a good publicity in the market for Akoin, since he is already a good public figure. The purpose of this to bring the condition of Africa a little bit towards the better, by bringing some stability in the inflationary currency system.
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:35:18 PM

This is more or less for publicity. I think he is loosing his popularity. So, he needs it to get into the limelight again. Well, this will also give more popularity to crypto.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:35:39 PM

It is not a music oriented project. Akoin is a cryptocurrency that will be used in the planned Akon Crypto City, a city where all transactions will be 100% crypto based. He was given about 2000 acres of land by the Senegalese government to develop this city.

is this real? do you have any link that can confirm what you wrote?
Really, it's not a matter of trust, but it sound unbelievable to me..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: