Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:56:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with CGminer/Ubuntu (libudev.so.1)  (Read 1900 times)
KoreanZombie (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:18:00 PM

Hey all, after a lot of unsuccessfull googling and asking in freenode chats I come to you guys to hopefully get some help with my issue.

I am rather bad at most things with PC's, but I like trying to learn stuff and get it working. However I've so far been unable to fix this problem. I'm mining with 2*Asus R9 280X, using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. However I've started getting this error message when I try starting up cgminer:

./cgminer: lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1: no version information available (required by ./cgminer)

I've tried apt-get install libudev1, and a bunch of other commands that was suggested, but I honestly have no idea what this even means (am I missing libudev1 or is it just unable to find it?).

A lot of the advice I've gotten has been "install BAMT" or "run windows" but I am so close to getting this to work reliably after 5-6 days of reinstalling/tweaking that I would like to get it done.-

If I'm leaving out any information just say so and I will get it.

Thanks in advanced!

-KoreanZombie
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:12:19 PM

You're trying to run binaries that were not made for your version of ubuntu so you'll have to compile it for yourself. Also there's a good chance you're trying to run a version of cgminer that doesn't even mine on GPUs since cgminer hasn't mined on GPUs for quite a while now. Try different software.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
KoreanZombie (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

You're trying to run binaries that were not made for your version of ubuntu so you'll have to compile it for yourself. Also there's a good chance you're trying to run a version of cgminer that doesn't even mine on GPUs since cgminer hasn't mined on GPUs for quite a while now. Try different software.

It's cgminer 3.7.2 so the last GPU version I believe, and the weird thing is sometimes (now for example) it DOES work - although I think it might be lowering my expected khash/s by ~100 pr. GPU.

Compiling a version myself sounds like it's over my skill level to dabble in, but installing a newer Ubuntu version like 13.10 should fix this aswell?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: