Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:48:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't Overlook Worldcoin (Update thread)  (Read 7650 times)
Thorgrim (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 06:36:00 PM

Dude you gotta put in www.wdcspin.com it's very fun however dangerous Tongue

I also like http://wdcspin.com however my list is just recent developments not a comprehensive list. I wanted to get people up to date on what is happening currently.

For full listings of websites and services go to http://sitesthatacceptworldcoin.com/ and http://worldcoinfoundation.org/en/coin-facts/services

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

We had a community meeting tonight and have a plan of action. I am not worried about the future of Worldcoin. We have big things ahead.

Care to share?

There will be transcripts and and audio available soon.

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

Official Worldcoin Statement: http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/1339-worldcoin-foundation-community-statement/

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

Dear Worldcoin users/investors,

It has been an extremely hard couple of days for all of us and a lot of us are unsure about the path that Scharmbeck will take at this current time, so to clear a lot of things up, there have been a lot of rumours and speculation which has caused Worldcoin prices to drop and Scharmbeck fee shares to drop. As you may be aware, there has been no official statement from the Scharmbeck company.  Because of this some Worldcoin Foundation board members have decided to give up their position. This Foundation aligns with the needs and services of users/investors. Scharmbeck is not tied to The Worldcoin Foundation. Scharmbeck is a specific company.

Now we have cleared this up. There will be a new focus of WDC one of building secure services for our consumers, linking with merchants to accept Worldcoin as a currency. This new era of Worldcoin will be one of transparency and connecting with the community on a level where we can grow together.

Once again Worldcoin is a great choice for investors.  Firstly, our community involvement is massive and we have developed a large amount of translations for the site to allow a multitude of investors to get involved with Worldcoin. Our name and marketing aligns us to meet with corporate ideals.

We are now prevented from 51% attack systems and are developing check pointing systems for extra security. Worldcoin’s trading volume is extremely large and generally trades volume of around $250,000 a day. We are supported and held strong by a large variety of services and exchanges. Worldcoin is also one of the fastest confirming coins with a confirmation time of under 30 seconds allowing for Point of Sales transactions and large Corporate/Investment transactions.

We aim for Worldcoin to be a world payment system.  Nothing more and nothing less.

The foundation will be restructured so Worldcoin can focus on promotion of Worldcoin, services and development.

So with our renewed energy, we will be taking on board a large variety of development activity from now on. This will come in the form of 5 simple projects that the community can vote for. These projects will be listed on Cryptostocks and have complete transparency. These projects are listed here:
http://worldcoinforu...ture-direction/

We also had a fantastic Skype conversation with a large amount of the WDC community last night where we discussed moving things forward again, there results of this meeting were: Service creation, merchant adoption, transparency, advertising and marketing. These meetings will be held on Skype at 7pm pacific time every Wednesday and Sunday without fail. Where we will continually discuss what is happening with the coin.

More transparency is also needed on our social media platforms so I have already tried to make a concerted effort to make sure all information released by the Worldcoin Foundation is as transparent and accurate as possible.

Lastly I love all of this community and everyone here is regarded as a friend to me, I and many other will continue to push for this coin and this community. We are definitely on the right path now.

Again I love you all.
Kind Regards,
Sustainable.
Interim Chairman, Worldcoin Foundation

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:45:33 PM

If one learned something from bitcoin, it is that one should buy when the price tanks heavily and not to sell at any price because the price will keep going higher and higher forever if you are here for longer term than 2 months or so.  Grin

However, as a disclaimer, do not invest the money you cannot afford to loose.
FortuneSeeker

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:51:57 PM

Hi all

So I've just finished building my mining rig and I'm deciding on a coin to mine.  Anyone want to throw out the reasons I should support Worldcoin.. I'm new to this so alot of the coins look like they are fads, a waste of time and others seem to have lots of problems.. I'm looking for a best litecoin alt as the difficulty is too high on that i think. Why Worldcoin? (I've read bit and pieces I just wanted to hear what you guys said)

Cheers
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 12:19:47 AM

Hi all

So I've just finished building my mining rig and I'm deciding on a coin to mine.  Anyone want to throw out the reasons I should support Worldcoin.. I'm new to this so alot of the coins look like they are fads, a waste of time and others seem to have lots of problems.. I'm looking for a best litecoin alt as the difficulty is too high on that i think. Why Worldcoin? (I've read bit and pieces I just wanted to hear what you guys said)

Cheers

Well I would suggest checking back in this thread or following me on twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldcoinPro for updates.

Also when the audio and transcripts are available I will post the links. They should give you a better idea of WDC's direction.

One thing I can say is I have made more profit mining out of favor coins with potential and holding then mining what seems to be most popular. If you feel that Worldcoin is just going through a bad slump like I do and will be back stronger then ever then now is a good time to buy or mine.

Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:16:33 PM

what are the prospects for this coin? is it gonna survive and go to  the moon?
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:42:59 PM

I feel that WDC will survive and eventually reach new highs but we are going through a rough patch here for sure.

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:46:56 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 07:50:50 PM by Thorgrim

I hate posting bad news but apparently there was a Scharmbeck tweet that was erased. I have not 100% confirmed it's validity but several people in Chat claim to have seen it.

problems with developer requiring us to retain attorney to resolve; that is all we are able to say atm; more info perhaps next week"
<@beneliath> <authoritative>there is no intent to close Scharmbeck</authoritative>

https://www.facebook.com/worldcoinfoundation/posts/193602170849492?stream_ref=10

Edit: This may have been posted in IRC chat I am not 100% sure of the source at this time

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:48:34 PM

I feel that WDC will survive and eventually reach new highs but we are going through a rough patch here for sure.
This shake-up with Scharmbeck was really quite the impact. There is a similar feel to when the UNOCS issue happened, but to me, this feels a good bit heavier...But there is still a fairly strong community of users/supports so this storm might be weathered.
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:55:53 PM

I haven't seen this exchange before but appears to be fincen registered and have a BTC/WDC market as well as a BTC/USD market.

https://www.atomic-trade.com/

https://www.atomic-trade.com/about

Although Scharmbeck isn't looking good WDC is far from being dead.

ejbones

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:07:10 AM

what are the prospects for this coin? is it gonna survive and go to  the moon?
It's going to survive. The community immediately stepping in is proof that worldcoin is an organic and generally strong collective, just like how a decentralized currency should be.  My opinion is that when some of the new direction and transparency comes about, along with one or two of the many services planned then the value will shoot back up to historic highs and I hope go up from there.  THe price will probably be suppressed for the next at least week though, as a guess.
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:23:46 PM

You can Vote for Worldcoin here: http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php Another exchange we have the opportunity to be a part of.

It allows you to vote multiple times in one day and I think it resets every 24hours so don't forget to revisit to vote again.

Don't waste the opportunity.

Voted.

Just voted and will revote in the morning again, one week left of this and hopefully WDC is on the new exchange.

We almost are to 2000 votes.

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:34:04 AM

Dear traders!

Please note that WorldCoin (WDC) can be traded at www.swisscex.com

We offer these markets: WDC/BTC, WDC/LTC & WDC/DOGE

Happy trading!

Best regards

SwissCEX

Another exchange supporting WDC.

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:24:58 AM

Official Worldcoin Announcement.

http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/1406-official-worldcoin-announcment-11th-february-2014/#entry10416

Official Worldcoin Statement

By the Worldcoin Committee

Dear Worldcoin community,

Today marks the first step in rebuilding the legacy of Worldcoin. We, as a community, have the opportunity to move past the current issues surrounding Worldcoin and begin creating a solid foundation that we can continue to build on. By tackling our challenges in a joint effort we have the chance to not only restore faith in the Worldcoin Community, but also cultivate trust for the future.

While Scharmbeck offered to provide a valuable service for Worldcoin, recognising its existence as a separate entity is important. The issues facing Scharmbeck do not define the success or possibilities of Worldcoin.

After much consideration by established community members, developers, and network administrators of Worldcoin, we have come to the decision that using the Worldcoin Foundation title as the guiding body for Worldcoin is no longer in our best interest. To avoid legal issues in moving forward we have chosen to operate under a new name.

We are pleased to announce the forming of a Worldcoin Committee, consisting of established members to oversee this transitional phase. Our main goal is to restore confidence, address any pressing issues involving Worldcoin, and to create a long-term plan for the future.

Allow us to introduce the Worldcoin Committee members in alphabetical order:

·         bazkie_bumpercar

·         Huck (Ruck)

·         Jdebunt

·         MarkLyford

·         StatusD

·         Shields

·         Sumantso

·         Thorgrim

·         Xodianbarr

The committee has Worldcoin’s best interest at heart, and is dedicated to ensuring a strong future for Worldcoin.

As a Committee we recognise the benefit of having a Worldcoin non-profit organisation, to act as a guiding body and while a preliminary framework for the non-profit organisation is being developed we are currently working on further strategic planning and creating guidelines to secure success moving forward. Our intention is to increase the accessibility and productivity of Worldcoin by creating awareness on a global scale.

As always, Worldcoin remains everybody’s coin, and the committee values the input of the entire community in all matters pertaining to Worldcoin; constructive criticism and advice are always welcome. 

The Committee stands united on the common goal of a successful future for Worldcoin.

Regards,

The Worldcoin Committee

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:12:14 AM

While Scharmbeck offered to provide a valuable service for Worldcoin, recognising its existence as a separate entity is important. The issues facing Scharmbeck do not define the success or possibilities of Worldcoin.
Already distancing themselves from their "killer service" Roll Eyes Pathetic.

Mr.V

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:30:17 AM

dumped all the wdc I had to my name... good thing I didn't buy scambeck shares

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
soulcity

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:44:47 AM

I'm holding.

thejepper

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:05:49 PM

holding, hopefully will bounce back, as the community is good

Thorgrim (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:36:35 PM

Minutes from the first committee meeting:

http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/1426-worldcoin-committee-meeting-notes-12022014/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: