Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 05:22:03 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Return On Investment (ROI) Data  (Read 346 times)
coinist_io (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:18:47 AM

@xianbits - I'm going to have to double check this with my team but I think the other time frames (1 hour, 1 week, 1 month) etc show token price changes during those time frames. The ICO ROI stats (to the far right) are only updated once / day.
atutay

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:32:56 AM

Great looking site and very good data which helps people see successful and unsuccessful ICOs. Keep up the good work!
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:45:48 AM

@atutay - Thanks! Tonight we just published a video showing how to read our ICO index charts as well. I find our ICO Token index charts so valuable. These tools have been relied on in traditional financial markets and their absence in the crypto space frusterated us..... so we created the indexes ourselves. You can see our Coinist 25 Index here: https://www.coinist.io/25-index/

Watch the video to better understand what the index is and how to to analyze the data contained within it.

I hope you enjoy this free tool as well Smiley

Thanks again.
currencydesigner123

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:28:12 PM

Gracious alright. That is a decent activity. I went to your site to look at the undertakings and I'm upbeat the general insights demonstrate that the normal ROI is in green. This implies if the market improves, ROIs will even be better. This technique is really scientific. Such initiative will make the market more efficient.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:58:29 PM

@currencydesigner123 - Thank you greatly for your support. Yes, our goal is to bring financial charts and tools that are used in traditional financial markets and  bring them to the crypto space (indexes, tables, industry growth charts etc). The more data we have, the better. We're injecting new data into the system daily so be sure to bookmark the page and come back often Smiley Thanks again.
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:43:43 PM

It depends on the market situation. I think forecast is not applicable for this market. But if everything remains normal investor can get $200. Now wait and see what happen.
TomCarpenter

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:01:31 PM

This was a very informative post. The new innovative tool will be very helpful for everyone. Thank you for posting this.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:54:45 PM

@TomCarpenter - Our great pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to check it out. I hope you've bookmarked the tool Smiley
Aneexnoki

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:19:15 PM

Wow this is really a good project, and will be so helpful for people to watch which icos have the highest ROI so based on that we can find any projects related to it
cryptohipo

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:57:37 PM

Thank You for telling about the tool. I didn't know about it earlier. I think this will be really useful for all.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:47:11 PM

@cryptohipo - Our pleasure. Thanks for checking it out!
basesaw

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Is the data on your database accurate, I have seen that covesting was one of the biggest winner on roi that has 34,560.17% change since the ICO. but then it's current marketprice was $0.7usd and it's ICO price was 1usd. please enlighten me.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:05:07 AM

@basesaw - I wish I could enlighten you, but I can't. You were right about Covesting. The information has been updated. Thank you for letting us know.

With Covesting, the data was just wrong. Plain old fashioned bad data entry. I'm looking into where that data was pulled from. But it's 100% our fault. If you ever catch a problem like this again, please let us know. We want the data to be as perfect as it can possibly be.

But the truth is, in most cases, entering "perfect" data in the ICO world is harder than you'd think. There are a few things working against us that we do our best to deal with. A few examples are:

1. Token prices during ICO are often priced in other cryptos (BTC, ETH). Due to token volatility, token purchase prices (In USD) during an ICO change dramatically.

2. Token sales usually have phases where tokens are offered to the public at different prices depending on the phase. To further complicate things, each phase often isn't weighted equally. In some phases more tokens are distributed than others.

3. There is no central site that stores all of this information. That's what we're trying to become. We harvest data from as many reputable sources as possible and try to present the data cleanly in one place. But the problem is, when looking at public data, there is often inconsistencies between published information. To make matters worse, published information often changes or gets edited (sometimes even deleted). For example, white papers or project websites say one thing on Monday and other thing on Friday.

We do our best to be as accurate as possible but in the ICO world it's not all science. For better or for worse, it requires a bit of an artistic approach as well Smiley

Again, thanks for letting us know about the issue.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:18:34 AM

I spoke about this issue with our data entry team and it looks like the issue was caused due to a "slip of the eye". Often immediately after an ICO, prices are shown in ICO_Token/BTC. What we do on our end, is find the avg price of BTC during the token sale to find the price of the token in USD. In this case, for some reason, after the conversion was done, the token price in BTC (not USD) was entered into our database. This is what seems to be the cause of the miscalculation.

Again, thanks for making us aware!
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:57:05 AM

The site looks pretty good, it will be quite a useful source for both investors and hunters. Let's see what happens, I will periodically follow the updates.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:43:44 AM

Too bad, dimcoin is top 5 at the moment as the biggest loser. 😫
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first site to have recorded ICO ROI, right?
One more question, how often does the rankings are updated?

Edited
Wait, as far as I remember, Dimcoin's ICO price was 0.01$ and at the moment, the price per DIM is 0.006 (according to the site). The percent loss should only be 40% and not 99.39%.

I have Dimcoin tokens in my wallet and it pained me to see its continuing slide but then again I still have this strong faith that a time will come for its eventual rise as long as the team are still focusing on the roadmap of the project. This is one of the few projects that am banking on to have a good future...well maybe if not this year then am hoping by next year as I really have no choice but continue on holding as selling my tokens can be a big loss.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:20:46 PM

Too bad, dimcoin is top 5 at the moment as the biggest loser. 😫
Correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first site to have recorded ICO ROI, right?
One more question, how often does the rankings are updated?

Edited
Wait, as far as I remember, Dimcoin's ICO price was 0.01$ and at the moment, the price per DIM is 0.006 (according to the site). The percent loss should only be 40% and not 99.39%.

I have Dimcoin tokens in my wallet and it pained me to see its continuing slide but then again I still have this strong faith that a time will come for its eventual rise as long as the team are still focusing on the roadmap of the project. This is one of the few projects that am banking on to have a good future...well maybe if not this year then am hoping by next year as I really have no choice but continue on holding as selling my tokens can be a big loss.
That's as strong faith as I have even from the beginning. One of my loved coins, too even if it has not yet shown some good rise. Another year of waiting would be fine (I think).
But, the good thing here is that Dimcoin is not on the top losers as it was corrected already by coinist_io.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:47:31 PM

@xianbits - Yes, we corrected the data so it shows up properly now. We're also in the process of re-scanning all data in site to make sure there are no other cases where data is incorrect.

Wishing you guys luck with Dimcoin!
Mr.Coinzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:12:44 PM

It's on your choice. On the off chance that you think this contributes give you benefit then you can contribute on this undertaking. Be that as it may, I propose you before contribute you require re investigate about this venture.
coinist_io (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:48:01 PM

We just finished making small adjustmetns on a few other tokens within our database. The data should be much cleaner now. But if you see any issues please let us know Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: