Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:40:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: James Turk, Max Keiser, and Andreas Antonopoulos Make The Case for Goldcoin  (Read 884 times)
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:23:00 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 12:55:04 AM by MicroGuy

A few days ago, I "Liked" the Facebook page of Andreas Antonopoulos and so his recent interview from Feb 5th with Max Keiser appeared in my news feed today.

During the interview, I noticed some very interesting comparisons being made made between bitcoin and gold which led me to write this post. The video below is cued up to start right before the gold discussion begins at the 22:30 minute mark. Feel free to rewind and watch the entire video later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qbFVXNxRRPc#t=1350

Here are the gold related quotes that caught my attention:

Quote from: Max Keiser quoting James Turk of Goldmoney.com
Bitcoin is gold in the sense that is has unimpeachable value, limited supply, and has all the attributes of gold."

Quote from: Andreas Antonopoulos
It's gold without the physical burden of carrying it around or trying to slice it into smaller pieces. It can be teleported across the World for very little cost or no cost at all. And it can be sliced into infinitesimal little prices which takes away two of the biggest problems with gold."

Quote from: Max Keiser
It's an improvement on gold in many way. And I think the gold community is beginning to understand. Some of the leading lights are now figuring out in fact this is a technological improvement.

Now what if we took the basic technology of Bitcoin, improved upon it by adding things like a 51% attack defense, and then actually used the name Gold?

Doesn't a coin like that make a hell of a lot of sense: >>> http://gldcoin.com/
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

Microguy, master of twisting words to fit his own agenda. If any of these individuals were asked what they thought specifically of goldcoin, they would tell you it's rubbish. You're really big on the "fact" that goldcoin has such a great name, but in reality, no one can find information on your coin if they wanted to... Making it a piss poor name. A google search of goldcoin predictably returns results of gold coins.

PS: What you have implemented in goldcoin is not a "51% defense", it is a self forking mechanism. Good job with that. Cheesy

ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

They're talking about Gold; the real, physical, heavy, yellow metal that is made inside of stars. Not once do they mention Goldcoin, at all.

Thank you for wasting my time.

Roll Eyes
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Nobody is and will not be talking about Goldcoin. Stop twisting this in your favor.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:32 PM

Are you deliousional? They didn't do shit for goldcoin.  Roll Eyes
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:54:19 PM

A google search of goldcoin predictably returns results of gold coins.

I think search results must vary?

From my location in North America a Google search for "Goldcoin" returns the official website of Goldcoin which is http://gldcoin.com/ as the very first result.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:56:43 PM

Who accepts GoldCoin for payment?

What sites?

I know of zero.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

Who accepts GoldCoin for payment?

Thank you for your question.

There are dozens of sites that accept Goldcoin. You can find many stores here in which to shop: https://www.gldtalk.org/index.php?topic=414.0
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 11:55:45 PM

From my location in North America a Google search for "Goldcoin" returns the official website of Goldcoin which is http://gldcoin.com/ as the very first result.
Come on, MG... Google has been sorting results based on data they collect about you for years now.

MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 12:24:05 AM

Come on, MG... Google has been sorting results based on data they collect about you for years now.

Just did a test using a TOR browser with a clean cache and the search produced the same result.

The official site of Goldcoin is the #1 result.  Smiley
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:38:43 AM

I'm legitimately curious if you have drank beer since  you said you were not until Goldcoin reaches $1 per coin.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 12:47:26 AM

I'm legitimately curious if you have drank beer since  you said you were not until Goldcoin reaches $1 per coin.

That is a great question!  Cheesy

No, I have not had a drop of alcohol since making that promise on YouTube. I told the developers the other day I didn't know what I wanted more, a beer or for Goldcoin to reach $1 per coin. Looks like I'll be on the wagon a little longer. But with everything we have in the works hopefully that beer will be coming soon.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:56:06 AM

this is no good mircroguy. i really liked gold i really did, but its just not working.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:10:07 AM

i really liked gold i really did, but its just not working.

We've seen a 5000% increase in market capitalization since I became involved and will be releasing a brand new built-from-scratch client this spring.

Our community has grown from 70 members a few months ago to over 1000 members today. We became the first altcoin in history to be returned to the BTC markets at Cryptsy after being demoted to the LTC basement and recently released one of the first altcoin Android apps ever. And that's just a few achievements off the top of my head.

What exactly is not working?
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:11:31 AM

I'm legitimately curious if you have drank beer since  you said you were not until Goldcoin reaches $1 per coin.

No, I have not had a drop of alcohol since making that promise on YouTube. I told the developers the other day I didn't know what I wanted more, a beer or for Goldcoin to reach $1 per coin. Looks like I'll be on the wagon a little longer. But with everything we have in the works hopefully that beer will be coming soon.

Sounds to me like you'll be living a very sober life from now on, congratulations!  Roll Eyes
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 01:20:19 AM

Sounds to me like you'll be living a very sober life from now on, congratulations!  Roll Eyes

Tongue lol
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: