Author Topic: xx  (Read 6303 times)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:41:34 AM

I would pay attention to the people who have been around the longest, hero and full members.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:28:47 AM

Its a once in a lifetime opportunity......... tough decision.
will you have to live on the street if you lose?
what about your family?
Personally, I would take the gamble. of coarse, you will need money to survive for the next year or two.... so not literally everything.
I think 6BTC is enough for anybody btw. no need to spend all your money.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 01:31:01 PM

I would pay attention to the people who have been around the longest, hero and full members.

Yes. Early adopter hero members like piramida, who told me to hold BTC bought at $1100. These are the types you need to listen to most!

After all, they bought Bitcoins at $11, so these guys know better than anyone that Bitcoin goes up 10000% every 12 months and that going all in and holding is the only sensible option

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:16:51 PM

Invest what you can afford to lose, not everything you have!!! Are you mad??

If you have no dependents and can't afford to lose all your liquid assets, I pity you.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:25:59 PM

If you have no dependents and can't afford to lose all your liquid assets, I pity you.

Are you suggesting someone should put every single penny they own into something that can be defined all but predictable? If this is the case, I pity you too.

Under construction.
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:31:13 PM

mmm I have never traded / bought on someone's "suggestions", hero member or not...I read them, I interpret them, and then i make up my own mind.
==> Due Diligence
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:38:52 PM

Do it. Do it now.
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:41:06 PM

So did you buy any coin or not ?  Huh
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:45:26 PM

BTC quickly losing popularity.

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:42:04 PM

Are you suggesting someone should put every single penny they own into something that can be defined all but predictable? If this is the case, I pity you too.

Nope.  I'm not suggesting anything of the sort.  I don't care how OP wishes to gamble with their money (it's not "investment" if there's no understanding).

I'm merely offended by the notion that one cannot afford to lose X, where most people in the world cannot afford to dream of attaining X. 
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

hello, i read the messages on the 3rd page
no, losing this money would not put me on the streets.
it is all the money i have right now though.  I saved for literally 4 years.  I remember when I only had 400 in my bank and I literally bought lottery tickets.  I won total of 550-600 (so i made like 150-200 profit)
I then looked online and the odds of winning that 1 and only 500 dollar ticket that put me in profit was very high
the other tickets i won were like a total of 150-200
if it wasnt for that 500 dollar ticket i would have lost half my investment

Being that as it may, I am a risk taker but i saved every penny for 4 years.  If I invest I will try to stick by it
(I have a roof over my head and food in me for the time being) but it is just all the capital I have.  Losing it in bitcoin (if it does die) would disappoint me but it would be an investment with risk like all investments.

I regret buying btc for 988 but then i quickly canceled so i got my funds back.  i was too scared to buy when it was 500 (looking back i should have but that 988 scared me)
now its dropping, i cannot resist if it keeps dropping

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:29:01 PM

hello, i read the messages on the 3rd page
no, losing this money would not put me on the streets.
it is all the money i have right now though.  I saved for literally 4 years.  I remember when I only had 400 in my bank and I literally bought lottery tickets.  I won total of 550-600 (so i made like 150-200 profit)
I then looked online and the odds of winning that 1 and only 500 dollar ticket that put me in profit was very high
the other tickets i won were like a total of 150-200
if it wasnt for that 500 dollar ticket i would have lost half my investment

Being that as it may, I am a risk taker but i saved every penny for 4 years.  If I invest I will try to stick by it
(I have a roof over my head and food in me for the time being) but it is just all the capital I have.  Losing it in bitcoin (if it does die) would disappoint me but it would be an investment with risk like all investments.

I regret buying btc for 988 but then i quickly canceled so i got my funds back.  i was too scared to buy when it was 500 (looking back i should have but that 988 scared me)
now its dropping, i cannot resist if it keeps dropping

What are your objectifs? A quick buck? A solid long-term investment?

You could buy some gold (find a good price), buy a few btc and send them to a paper wallet then don't watch the btc price more than once a week and hide your paper wallet well (but not well enough that you won't be able to access it)-You could also invest on yourself by learning something that will help you professionally or in life

LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:41:09 PM

it may, I am a risk taker but i saved every penny for 4 years.  If I invest I will try to stick by it

Ok, it seems like you made up your mind. Maybe think a bit longer about how much you really want to put into BTC -- after all it's still a high-risk investment.

However, if you don't want to start trading your bitcoins, make sure you use the method of dollar cost averaging that DeathAndTaxes described earlier in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450676.msg4966458#msg4966458

Other than that, it may turn out really useful to learn some basics about trading, how to read the market: learn about the basic indicators, patterns etc... It will help you find good entries and/or exits, even if you don't plan on trading much.
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:48:47 PM

just buy and hold now. it sounds like you wont be in a bad spot without this money, so you can afford to do this. everyone keeps saying that the price will dip any time now, but they have been saying that since christmas. sure weve had brief dips but unless you had money on a exchange it was so brief it was hard to take advantage of.

some people think it may go down to 600 from 800, so a 25% lose, but nearly everyone is confident that it will be over 3k this year, a 375% gain (3k is a low number accepted by nearly everyone, many people talk of 10k)
so with those numbers buying in now is clearly a good choice. sure you may be able to buy more if it dips, but I dont care to gamble like that, small differance in a year or 2...
pietje

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

just buy and hold now. it sounds like you wont be in a bad spot without this money, so you can afford to do this. everyone keeps saying that the price will dip any time now, but they have been saying that since christmas. sure weve had brief dips but unless you had money on a exchange it was so brief it was hard to take advantage of.

some people think it may go down to 600 from 800, so a 25% lose, but nearly everyone is confident that it will be over 3k this year, a 375% gain (3k is a low number accepted by nearly everyone, many people talk of 10k)
so with those numbers buying in now is clearly a good choice. sure you may be able to buy more if it dips, but I dont care to gamble like that, small differance in a year or 2...

What he says.
Wouldnt go all in on btc now. Just hold like 25% fiat in case price drops even more, and else just hold your fiat and dont panic buy with it.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:56:36 PM

BTC quickly losing popularity.

View Screen Capture

View Screen Capture
Thats because Mtgox, nothing to panic.

I think its the best investment ever, even now. Yes I also invested a lot, because I believe in the potential.

$ 1000 is cheap for a Bitcoin.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:05:25 PM

This is Beginning of the End and crytical mining factor coming at 5 cents per Gh at 24h !!!
(current mining factor is 14,7 cents per Gh at 24h)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420005.0

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:17:03 PM

i read the comments after mine on the 3rd page
thanks.  i appreciate the advice.  its like 780 and hopefully it gets lower so i can buy in
i plan to use coinbase but hopefully they dont cancel my "high risk" investment  Wink like they are known to do
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:23:32 PM

lol why six? why not five or ten? i'm in this for the cold hard cash. if my investments can't net me at least a million within the next couple years, then it's a waste of time.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:04:29 AM

lol why six? why not five or ten? i'm in this for the cold hard cash. if my investments can't net me at least a million within the next couple years, then it's a waste of time.

Tesla 3,6,9 sequence ... that harmonics can create an earthquake and destroy a whole country Wink much more powerful than Fibonacci sequence ...  Grin

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Nikola Tesla
http://youtu.be/Vp0CYZ2s_cQ

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: