Print  
Author Topic: xx  (Read 6299 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:23:55 AM

I think 6BTC is enough for anybody btw. no need to spend all your money.

lol why six? why not five or ten? i'm in this for the cold hard cash. if my investments can't net me at least a million within the next couple years, then it's a waste of time.

Tesla 3,6,9 sequence ... that harmonics can create an earthquake and destroy a whole country Wink much more powerful than Fibonacci sequence ...  Grin

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Nikola Tesla
http://youtu.be/Vp0CYZ2s_cQ
And right next to it - Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - Loch Ness Monster.

I'm sure he was a great mind, but stories like an earthquake machine or wireless electricity are just ridiculous. It's doing him a disservice.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:05:55 AM

lol why six? why not five or ten? i'm in this for the cold hard cash. if my investments can't net me at least a million within the next couple years, then it's a waste of time.

6..... because thats roughly the same amount I have. nobody aught to have more than me.
the percentage of the global money supply you will own in this case is a disgusting amount. 6 BTC will make you a millionaire probably (assuming a binary outcome)

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

I think diversification is the smart way to go. 

Bitcoin went from $10 to $1000 within a year in 2013.  Putting your life savings into bitcoin back then would have been extremely clever.  But imagine if you bought bitcoins at $1000 each (yes I know it's $738 at the moment, but I'm just using a rounded example) and the price went to $100 this year.  Many investors would shrug their shoulders and still be on a 10x gain.  They'd still be happy.  You'd be sitting on a near total loss. 
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:18:08 AM

i read the comments after mine on the 3rd page
thanks.  i appreciate the advice.  its like 780 and hopefully it gets lower so i can buy in
i plan to use coinbase but hopefully they dont cancel my "high risk" investment  Wink like they are known to do

Stop Stop Stop.

You started this thread when Bitcoin was about $815?

What was the advice that you received from the majority?

"BUY THEM BITCOINS NOW WHEN THEY ARE STILL CHEAP"

or

"DONT SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY AT ONCE BUT BUY NOW!"

Now that Bitcoin is sub $750. Shouldn't a whole lot of people on this thread be getting scored off your viable advice givers list? I have been arguing with many of these maggots more or less all the way down from the ATH. All they are ever gonna tell you is to buy and hold and if you take that advice in the middle of an extended bear trend, then you are screwed. Alright for them, their Bitcoins cost less than $100 and they desperately need mugs to pile into this market to keep up the nominal value of their investments. I advise that you don't spend a damn penny on a single Satoshi until Bitcoin start's giving strong technical indications that the bear trend has bottomed or is bottoming and the trend is finally reversing. If $700-$720 breaks, get ready for $500 Bitcoin! How would you like being the proud holder of $820 Bitcoins if that situation comes about?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:01:50 AM

Never invest more than you can afford to lose and are ready to lose 100% of. That means certainly don't invest "everything you have", at ANY price.

That is standard advice, but it isn't right for everyone.

In 1988 I had $12k and considered investing it all in Microsoft, but I didn't.
In 1996 I had $22k and considered investing it all in Apple, but I didn't.

The standard advice keeps you safe but it won't make you rich.
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:16:23 AM

Never invest more than you can afford to lose and are ready to lose 100% of. That means certainly don't invest "everything you have", at ANY price.

For every example where a lucky investor made a pile of money by betting everything on one or a handful of stocks, there are many more disaster stories of investors losing it all when the shares went bust.

Betting your entire bankroll on one investment will make you look like a genius if you get lucky, but it has a greater probability of making you look like an utter fool.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:53:17 AM

I want to invest everything I have in bitcoin this year

I think tonight's the night
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:05:36 AM

Hello.  I wanted a good investment and literally just heard about btc when it was $1,100
Is there anyone that can tell me what they think btc will climb to by september-december 2014 (this year)

do you guys think it will go to 2k by march or april like I have read before
or do you think it might go to 5k or 10k by december (many months from now)

i am looking to hold for a few months, please give me advice

and please give me better option than coinbase (had a bad experience with them because right after I bought a few coins they locked me out of my account for 3 days)
local bitcoins looks promising but most sellers charge too much (bitstamp i dont like because ripple bs)

is there a good exchange
i hear btc-e
do you all agree and someone fill me in on btc-e plz
is it bank transfers like coinbase and how fast do you get btc and can you sell instant or transfer to coinbase and sell to them

I'll see you some. PM me.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
dyask

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:39:09 AM

For every example where a lucky investor made a pile of money by betting everything on one or a handful of stocks, there are many more disaster stories of investors losing it all when the shares went bust.

Betting your entire bankroll on one investment will make you look like a genius if you get lucky, but it has a greater probability of making you look like an utter fool.

Well I used to think that way and I lost and lost and lost.  Safe just keeps you working.  $12k isn't that much money and if he isn't going to starve his kids why not take a flyer?  $12k is pretty easy hit to recover from.    It is rare when investing so little can return so much.    Now I know the truth, it is better to look like an utter fool than to be one.  

I never meant someone that has scored really big that got there the safe way.   On the other hand you have to understand the risk and be willing to lose it all.  
Luckybit

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:54:50 AM

Hello.  I wanted a good investment and literally just heard about btc when it was $1,100
Is there anyone that can tell me what they think btc will climb to by september-december 2014 (this year)

do you guys think it will go to 2k by march or april like I have read before
or do you think it might go to 5k or 10k by december (many months from now)

i am looking to hold for a few months, please give me advice

and please give me better option than coinbase (had a bad experience with them because right after I bought a few coins they locked me out of my account for 3 days)
local bitcoins looks promising but most sellers charge too much (bitstamp i dont like because ripple bs)

is there a good exchange
i hear btc-e
do you all agree and someone fill me in on btc-e plz
is it bank transfers like coinbase and how fast do you get btc and can you sell instant or transfer to coinbase and sell to them

If you can hold for as long as you can. A few years is more profitable than a few months. More companies than ever accept Bitcoin so just spend it.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:55:56 PM

i think soon might be time to invest
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

Why a million and not 800,000? or 700,000?

I am not looking to be rich in fiat money, it is more interested to have a lot of purchasing power..

pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

If your a gambler, buy now.
Else just wait it out for a few days.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:13:57 PM

If your an gambler idiot, buy now.
Else just wait it out for a few days.

Fixed that for you.

The bounce has already largely played out. Bitcoin at $748, previous strong support level will have now turned into strong resistance level at $765.

Who in their right mind would buy now?

Edit: But the OP is destined to get slaughtered. He came in here screaming for advice at $820. He got told from a big bunch of Bitcoin Nutters to buy now while them coins are nice and cheap. Since the coins have been $100 and even $200 cheaper, the OPis running back to the same old Bitcoin Nutters screaming for yet more advice.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:23:05 PM

Op should use his $12,300 to short bitcoins on leverage.

Historically, people shorting bitcoin on leverage have failed since the overall trend is up, but you might get lucky.

Definitely don't buy now. Bitcoin is crashing! We'll see $400 this week, mark my words.

China, Russia, Indonesia have banned bitcoins, this is not going to end well.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:49:48 PM

For him to be able to short, he would have to go to Bitfinex.

After MtGox, Bitfinex is the second last Bitcoin exchange that I would be comfortable having my funds on. From the Bitfinex hack of just a couple of days ago, someone got totally fkn robbed blind. If it was Bitfinex users who are taking the hit, then that is bad news. If Bitfinex itself takes the full impact of the hit, then they themselves could be finding themselves in an insolvency situation or at the very least, having liquidity problems.

Not somewhere where I would want any of my USD or BTC.

Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:56:31 PM

For him to be able to short, he would have to go to Bitfinex.

After MtGox, Bitfinex is the second last Bitcoin exchange that I would be comfortable having my funds on. From the Bitfinex hack of just a couple of days ago, someone got totally fkn robbed blind. If it was Bitfinex users who are taking the hit, then that is bad news. If Bitfinex itself takes the full impact of the hit, then they themselves could be finding themselves in an insolvency situation or at the very least, having liquidity problems.

Not somewhere where I would want any of my USD or BTC.

You can also go short on BTC-E through meta-trader. Although it's not as user-friendly as Bitfinex.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:00:48 PM

You can also go short on BTC-E through meta-trader. Although it's not as user-friendly as Bitfinex.

Really?

I will look into that.....although if it is less user friendly than Bitfinex, then I may have problems. My first attempt at shorting on bitfinex resulted in $350 dollar losses as I thought I was setting stop losses and cash-out limit orders, only to find that I was triggering market buy-ins in a retreating market.....I panic closed everything immediately at took the hit.

If there is short selling on BTC-E that may explain the more erratic chart behaviour also, as the bots farm Honest John Muggins' margin calls.

Bitcoin exchanges are full of fkn crooks. Pity about that.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:04:17 PM

Historically, people shorting bitcoin on leverage have failed since the overall trend is up, but you might get lucky.

Definitely don't buy now. Bitcoin is crashing! We'll see $400 this week, mark my words.

China, Russia, Indonesia have banned bitcoins, this is not going to end well.

would you like to make a small BTC bet that BTC will not hit $400 within the next 7 days?
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:08:28 PM

Really?

I will look into that.....although if it is less user friendly than Bitfinex, then I may have problems. My first attempt at shorting on bitfinex resulted in $350 dollar losses as I thought I was setting stop losses and cash-out limit orders, only to find that I was triggering market buy-ins in a retreating market.....I panic closed everything immediately at took the hit.

If there is short selling on BTC-E that may explain the more erratic chart behaviour also, as the bots farm Honest John Muggins' margin calls.

Bitcoin exchanges are full of fkn crooks. Pity about that.

Yes, but you can only do it on a third-party application called meta-trader, not through a web interface.
BTC-E despite its 'anonymous' nature is quite a smooth running exchange, although use 2FA to be on the safe side from hackers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████