Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH network hashrate going to the moon!!!!  (Read 10996 times)
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:07:51 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:44:10 PM by mprep

new record on hashrate for ETH.

262350 Gh/s.

WTF is happening here??? This is destroying profit!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!

4 hours ago we had 252.000GH/s.

As time passes by , more and more and more GH are joining the pool while THIS IS BECOMING LESS PROFITABLE. Are the people really mad?? Or is it that people have definetely abandoned many many many other coins???

In early June I calculated 10.5 mil 1060s on Ethash, 2.5 mil 1060s on Equihash. With Equihash ASIC and no zcash fork (75% of equihash nethash), 2 million + 1060s need a new home. And they will flock to Eth.

+20% difficulty in Eth is expected. Even more if new GPUs with GDDR6 and better hash rate launches.

ETH won't last that long. This year PoS will crash mining. Hope people still buying gpus for mining get totally rekt. Also for ASICS.

up, this is nuts!!!

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:44:59 AM

262350 Gh/s.

As time passes by , more and more and more GH are joining the pool while THIS IS BECOMING LESS PROFITABLE. Are the people really mad?? Or is it that people have definetely abandoned many many many other coins???

In early June I calculated 10.5 mil 1060s on Ethash, 2.5 mil 1060s on Equihash. With Equihash ASIC and no zcash fork (75% of equihash nethash), 2 million + 1060s need a new home. And they will flock to Eth.

+20% difficulty in Eth is expected. Even more if new GPUs with GDDR6 and better hash rate launches.

ETH won't last that long. This year PoS will crash mining. Hope people still buying gpus for mining get totally rekt. Also for ASICS.

They have been claiming that for about three years now and we a still mining hehe, I don't believe them LOL

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:11:24 AM

ETH difficulty has gone up by 10,32% in the last 90 days. This is crazy.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:27:30 AM

ETH difficulty has gone up by 10,32% in the last 90 days. This is crazy.

F3s coming online duh, we expected this
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:57:09 PM

262350 Gh/s.

I don't see anything too outrageous, it's constantly going up and down but in general expect the diff to move higher as time goes by.
I'm really sorry to hear this is destroying your profit, it's sad that the extra hashrate is coming from despicable monsters who don't respect the miners that were here before.
I'm sure they don't care about your noble plans to hold ETH and keep buying it to support it! [INSERT TROLL FACE HERE]
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:27:33 PM

ETH network difficulty wise has been stagnant since march 2018 because those asics bitmain are shipping were already on, so reason difficulty is not growing, bitmain and other asic companies, turned their eth asics on december 2017 -  january 2018, reason why the difficulty rose around 120% in those 2 months, since then nothing much changed because there is no point investing on eth mining asics because other things give a lot more profit.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

ETH network difficulty wise has been stagnant since march 2018 because those asics bitmain are shipping were already on, so reason difficulty is not growing, bitmain and other asic companies, turned their eth asics on december 2017 -  january 2018, reason why the difficulty rose around 120% in those 2 months, since then nothing much changed because there is no point investing on eth mining asics because other things give a lot more profit.

i do aggree, in December 2017 the network hashrate was about 130.000gh, now it's double that, at 260.000gh so around 100% increase. But i had not seen such growth within days. for instance, the network hashrate can vary from 240.000 21st July to 262.000 today.

Are 22.000gh/s moving around?  thats a lot of gpus or ASICS machines. i think this "mining madness" is not only for users. I think many gobernments are mining this. for instance, watch that Rusian that mined for 3 months BTC using institucional hardware and mined around 500.000BTC which is worth 4 billion $ right now.

also we have to consider that many people are seeing that 95% of altcoins give very little profit. Also to consider that many many many coins are becoming centralized due to ASIC greedy bastards.

i think that if ETH goes up in price, also will do the difficulty and network hashrate, because people are in search for easy money.

With this increase in hashrate specially since May, it takes me from 3 to 4 hours more work to get me paid every time. In total, i've calculated around 0.05 ETH (+ electricity costs) less every month since May due to difficulty increase.

this is insane.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

i do aggree, in December 2017 the network hashrate was about 130.000gh, now it's double that, at 260.000gh so around 100% increase. But i had not seen such growth within days. for instance, the network hashrate can vary from 240.000 21st July to 262.000 today.

Are 22.000gh/s moving around?  thats a lot of gpus or ASICS machines. i think this "mining madness" is not only for users. I think many gobernments are mining this. for instance, watch that Rusian that mined for 3 months BTC using institucional hardware and mined around 500.000BTC which is worth 4 billion $ right now.

It could be many reasons, one is that bitmain is turning eth asics off and shipping to users, reason why difficulty is dropping and then after users get them then turn them on, difficulty rises, bitmain does not turn them all off but bits by bits. Bitmain will put more f3 online and it will be as soon as nvidia launches the next generation of gpus, so idiots will say it was nvidias gpu's, I myself see the difficulty to jump 70% by december 2018 and eth's price to increase 150%.

Also bitmain might be moving f3 around to where the e3 were.

Profitability wise, eth mining profits were never this bad. Even when eth used to cost $8, you would still get $1.50 per
card, right now, if you are a miner mining eth, profit is down to $0.30 per card, that is 5 times less than used to be, so price will have to catch up to that, rule number one if you are holding eth is do not panic sell, wait for the price to align, which means eth at $2500 and then you sell the eth you mined today, tomorrow.

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:22:30 PM

It could be many reasons, one is that bitmain is turning eth asics off and shipping to users, reason why difficulty is dropping and then after users get them then turn them on, difficulty rises, bitmain does not turn them all off but bits by bits. Bitmain will put more f3 online and it will be as soon as nvidia launches the next generation of gpus, so idiots will say it was nvidias gpu's, I myself see the difficulty to jump 70% by december 2018 and eth's price to increase 150%.

Profitability wise, eth mining profits were never this bad. Even when eth used to cost $8, you would still get $1.50 per
card, right now, if you are a miner mining eth, profit is down to $0.30 per card, that is 5 times less than used to be, so price will have to catch up to that, rule number one if you are holding eth is do not panic sell, wait for the price to align, which means eth at $2500 and then you sell the eth you mined today, tomorrow.

your ETH price estimation seems really unreal for me. i don't think it will get to 2500$ never. In fact, see my signature.

On the other hand, i don't think Bitmain gives a shit about people blaiming them. They already count on this. Most, if not all algos pro-nvidia are ASIC-centralized right now. Unless Nvidia cards give a huge amount of Mh/s on the ETH network, i don't see miners going for this. and lets not talk about it if prices don't increase.

For instance, watch RX Vegas giving like what, 37mh/s? (considering RX Vega 56 are doing around 32mh/s) and they remain unsold due to price. Unless GTX 1180 are doing like 45 .......

Hope you are wrong and difficulty does not increase more. Or at least, not at current prices.

Marvell2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:17:28 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:44:32 PM by mprep

Are 22.000gh/s moving around?  thats a lot of gpus or ASICS machines. i think this "mining madness" is not only for users. I think many gobernments are mining this. for instance, watch that Rusian that mined for 3 months BTC using institucional hardware and mined around 500.000BTC which is worth 4 billion $ right now.

your ETH price estimation seems really unreal for me. i don't think it will get to 2500$ never. In fact, see my signature.

On the other hand, i don't think Bitmain gives a shit about people blaiming them. They already count on this. Most, if not all algos pro-nvidia are ASIC-centralized right now. Unless Nvidia cards give a huge amount of Mh/s on the ETH network, i don't see miners going for this. and lets not talk about it if prices don't increase.

For instance, watch RX Vegas giving like what, 37mh/s? (considering RX Vega 56 are doing around 32mh/s) and they remain unsold due to price. Unless GTX 1180 are doing like 45 .......

Hope you are wrong and difficulty does not increase more. Or at least, not at current prices.
the volta cards that were 2k did 90mhs eth, the 1180 will do at least 70 if not more.

next gen gpu will be better efficiency wise and resale value than any asic.

if the 1170 cab do 50 to 60mhs as I expect it will be the the new king at $499.

samsung ram vega 56 cards do 44 mhs eth at 160 watts, those are the only vegas you should be buying

eveb the shittiest vega 56 dows (nitro plulaw hynix) does 37 mhs on eth at 140 watts

never seen any vega as low as 32, most likely a lemon and should be returned
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 09:27:39 PM

the volta cards that were 2k did 90mhs eth, the 1180 will do at least 70 if not more.

samsung ram vega 56 cards do 44 mhs eth at 160 watts, those are the only vegas you should be buying

70mhs, where did you hear this. I think you are dreaming a little.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:52:57 PM

There are many reasons why its increasing.

First are the publicility released ETH ASICs.

Second are the private released ETH ASICs with GDDR5 memory.

People still are buying AMD and Nvidia GPUs are most are mining ETH

People who mined coins like Zcash were forced to switch to ETH since there was Zcash ASICs released. GPUs like 1080Ti were very good at Equihash and now they are better off mining ETH.

Will only get worse from here. Best is to just HODL the ETH you mine and wait for POS which should increase the price of ETH, sell it then.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Marvell2

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:04:40 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:46:56 PM by mprep

There are many reasons why its increasing.

First are the publicility released ETH ASICs.

Second are the private released ETH ASICs with GDDR5 memory.

People still are buying AMD and Nvidia GPUs are most are mining ETH

People who mined coins like Zcash were forced to switch to ETH since there was Zcash ASICs released. GPUs like 1080Ti were very good at Equihash and now they are better off mining ETH.

Will only get worse from here. Best is to just HODL the ETH you mine and wait for POS which should increase the price of ETH, sell it then.

Very good points, the Z3 asics were a huge blow, its basically a precursor of the mess we will be in ince eth goes pos

Are 22.000gh/s moving around?  thats a lot of gpus or ASICS machines. i think this "mining madness" is not only for users. I think many gobernments are mining this. for instance, watch that Rusian that mined for 3 months BTC using institucional hardware and mined around 500.000BTC which is worth 4 billion $ right now.

70mhs, where did you hear this. I think you are dreaming a little.

U do know voltas are out right now , that get 90mhs on eth
the 11x serious uses the same gpu , just less cuda cores and maybe different gddr

its not at all a stetch to expect 80 percent of the performance

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techpowerup.com/239686/nvidia-titan-v-achieves-82-mh-s-in-ethereum-mining%3famp
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:21:23 PM

I'm one of ZEC miners before but after release, an ASIC miner for Zcash the profitability was dropped a lot that is why I switch to ethash mining because it gives me more profitability with my 1080ti with the help of ether pill.

They release an ASIC miner for ethash that I thought ethereum is ASIC resistant but looks bitmain is starting to pull them down to push people to buy ASIC because their miners is cheaper than building your own mining rigs.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

just a few things.

- Someone said that with PoS ETH will be more valuable. I totally disagree. Small ETH owners will be forced to sell, since not everyone will be able to join PoS. It's being said that only those with more than 100 ETH will be allowed to enter. Probably even those with 10. But not with 2 or 3. Those guys (a lot of people have this amount of coins) will be forced to sell. In the begining, big sharks will not buy because they will want to drop the price down. Then buy. PoS will obviously reduce mining to 0, but ETH is one of the important coins with a huge amount of coins (BTC is limited to 21 million) while ETH has now more than 102 million coins circulating.

- Considering price, time to ROI and Electricity Bill, you have to be mad, like really mad, to spend money on mining today, specially if you buy for mining ETH when PoS is very near. those that have bought ASIC for ETH mining are gonna get REKT. Bitmain has sold them not because there is no profit with them, but because they have a certain idea of when PoS will be announced, and they would not be able to sell those machines in that situation.

- a good 1080 ti can do as much as 37 mh/s (there is some guys over there talking about idon'tknowwtfpill) that is said to increase it to 54mh/s. considering prices, i can outperform that. simple as this: at the biggest hardware retailer here in Spain (equivalent to newegg in the US), the 1080ti is around 830€ or 967$ to get around 37mh/s at best. I can buy Sapphire RX 570 nitro+ reaconditioned 8gb for about 240€ or 279$ and get about 30mh/s with 120W as i did in the past. In fact, i have various 570 doing even 32mh/s . I don't see this cards (1080ti) a win win situation for ETH mining. Not even considering paying more electricity. considering this, i don't think those 1180 will do 70. More like 50mh/s at best, and they will have to compete with all RX Vegas 64 at 640€ in my country.i simply don't consider this.

- Another thing is difficulty. Its been increasing for a lot of time, but it runs steady lately. There are some variations here and there, but hashrate stays rather high. I assume 95% of the guys mining altcoins got rekt by ASICs because they are destroying profit for everybody. Can you imagine what will happen when ETH goes PoS. Were are those thousands and thousands of cards going to go?? to mine ETC?? low prices+ skyrocket difficulty = get REKT. Hope this mining madness is over.

- AFAIK ETH is not ASIC resistant. In fact, a developper made a poll to see if people would like a fork, and the answer was yes (56% i think). But they have not done it. Vitalik wants to get as much net as possible built before going PoS and for that, they need that extra power from ASIC. Everything about decentralization is A BIG LIE. Everything is so centralized, that chinesse people have 50% of the hashing power of BTC. They only have to stop mining to increase the price of the coin consistenly.

-

CoinSenSei

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:31:45 PM

follow for profesional point of view and info  Smiley
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:35:28 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:47:43 PM by mprep

today new record.

265.700 Gh/s. This is increasing. oohh BTW, someone has noticed that "current" hashrate of your miner is going down harder the ever???My hashrate is 354mh/s. It's always around 340mh/s (this has been like this for almost 6 months). But, in the last weeks it went down to almost 310 at best.

Thanks bitmain. Hope you go to hell.

Record after record.

267.700gh/s My god what a madness. More profit destruction. Keep up fucking people stupids!!

varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:27:01 AM

Record after record.

267.700gh/s My god what a madness. More profit destruction. Keep up fucking people stupids!!

When more ASIC online, the hash rate will rise again.
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:16:29 AM

Record after record.

Get used to it bud. Innosilicon released some pretty powerful ethash miners, I’m sure Bitmain has something in the works as well.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

difficulty rising is actually a very good thing for the people who holds their mined eth or buy eth and hold, as difficulty rises, the prices rises too because nobody mines for peanuts, so lets hope the difficulty rises 100 times.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: