Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH network hashrate going to the moon!!!!  (Read 10996 times)
stiucsib86

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:28:24 AM

Sigh. Wrong kind of moon that we miners hoping for =.='

Is this ASIC miners that we looking at?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinSenSei

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:48:19 AM

difficulty rising is actually a very good thing for the people who holds their mined eth or buy eth and hold, as difficulty rises, the prices rises too because nobody mines for peanuts, so lets hope the difficulty rises 100 times.

this is so wrong Smiley
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:12:07 AM

difficulty rising is actually a very good thing for the people who holds their mined eth or buy eth and hold, as difficulty rises, the prices rises too because nobody mines for peanuts, so lets hope the difficulty rises 100 times.

this is so wrong Smiley

Than all the cryptocurrencies are so wrong. All of them with rising difficulties.

Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:21:52 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:51:31 PM by mprep

it makes no sense to continue investing in ETH miners, specially when Vitalik said that over 100 million coins they would inmediately apply PoS. So many people are going to get REKT. Are people THAT ignorant???

you need at least around 4500€ to get a 12 GPU mining rig mining at 360-370mh/s which is , at current prices, around 42 months to ROI.

if you use ASIC you will pay at least 1600€+ shipping which is, at best , 16 months to ROI at current prices. Then, when PoS comes will be unusable with no investment return

There is no point in investing on mining right now. HOW THE HELL ARE THEY STILL BUYING MACHINES TO MINE!!!!!!

BTW another Record.

268.200Gh/s. No doubt, Fucking ASICS are behind this.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:45:43 PM

Oh man ! Man oh man!

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

BTW another Record.

How to raise it's own activity? Start wondering that mining difficulty is increasing. One can do it for years if not decades.

Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:05:08 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:53:23 PM by mprep

Totally disagree, for various reasons.

1º because ETH has a huge amount of coins already mined. There is plenty of coins to be bought everywhere. so i don't see a supply problem anywhere.

2º Because at current prices, mining is almost not profitable for ETH. It's already unprofitable to mine 95% of the coins with GPU. So everycoin is becoming centralized, just the contrary of what Blockchain was about: a big lie of Decentralization has gone down. Now very few people control the supply of 95% of all coins in the world.

3º Because it's uncertain that, even if everybody stops mining due to increased difficulty, there would still be coins to sell in the market, so no problem with stock, so no price increase.

4º i don't see chinesee people stop mining ETH due to low price electricity bills. Those that are getting REKT are EUROPE and USA. IF this increase in hashrate reflects a certain type of manipulation consisting on increasing difficulty as much as possible to make Europeans and USA people be mining with no profit, that would make the ETH market more centralized.

5º the consecuence of the increased ASIC in the ETH net, will also mean that GPU miners will get reduced profit. And that will go worst if ASICS with more power enter the net, increasing Stale shares.

6º This probes wrong every effort to concieve that blockchain is a decentralized market. FALSE. As time passes by, it's becoming hugely CENTRALIZED , almost in the hands of Chinesse people.

7º Even if everybody decided to mine ETH at losses, there is not a single argument to think prices will go up. So you can end up, not only not winning money, but losing it everyday you have your machines ON.

8º more hahsrate = more supply = less price. The more hashrate , the less price. This has been like this for ever. On everything.

The more info i get, the more manipulation see on this market. All is getting worst and worst everyday in favour of rich people mining with ASIC to throw all the others away.

If you see your neighbour's Beard being cut, be prepared because next beard to be cut will be yours. If you are a miner, my problem is the same as yours.

BTW another Record.

How to raise it's own activity? Start wondering that mining difficulty is increasing. One can do it for years if not decades.

Not true. PoS will be applied to ETH this year, or begining of next year. So they will not even ROI at current prices. It makes no sense to see the ETH hashrate increase. Makes no fucking sense.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

What so hard to believe? All my Nvidia rigs that is paid off from the last bull run is now mining eth. I break even with electric bc their is nothing else better to mine.

Soo many people are in my shoes where we mine for zero profits and depend on future value increase.

I see too many crybabies here looking for someone to blame. It is what it is. Mining has been met with full market saturation. Ride through the rough times or get out of the mining game.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:02:34 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 03:13:53 PM by Piskeante

What so hard to believe? All my Nvidia rigs that is paid off from the last bull run is now mining eth. I break even with electric bc their is nothing else better to mine.

Soo many people are in my shoes where we mine for zero profits and depend on future value increase.

I see too many crybabies here looking for someone to blame. It is what it is. Mining has been met with full market saturation. Ride through the rough times or get out of the mining game.

you bought Nvidia cards to mine altcoins pro-nvidia (where AMD could not get) like Zcash. i stayed away from that because i considered those coins to be shitty coins. i bought AMD because i was sure to mine ETH from the begining. I knew by that time that Nvidia cards were more efficient than AMD cards, but with a bit of tweaks and lots of hours of testing, btw,  i got to equal efficiency with huge advantages over Nvidia cards, using almost 130W. with the price of one 1070 i could buy two amd cards. And card to card efficiency my 570-580 were almost equal to 1070's doing 30mh/s. i could match even THE BEST 1070'S OF THE MARKET doing 32mh/s with cards that cost half of those.

So now that your shitty coins are what they are, shitty coins, and proves that your investment was succesfull only due to living the luck of a big bullrun, you have NOTHING TO DO THAN SWITCH TO ETH fucking those that stayed away from your shitty coins and never wanted to enter your shitty market. I actually don't care about your fucking arguments. You, and people like you, are fucking up people like me, switching your fucking cards to mine a coin which was not your main idea in the past. So , you paid off your cards mining whatever shitty coin pro-nvidia you encountered, and now you fuck up people that still want to ROI even having bought cards at half MSRP prices. GTFO PoS.

You, and all nvidia guys should leave ETH. Because you mined your coins, and now you are destroying our coin. Get out of ETH nvidia guys. This is not meant for you. Go away.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:13:13 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 03:29:22 PM by vapourminer

So now, you have NOTHING TO DO THAN SWITCH TO ETH fucking those that stayed away from your shitty coins and never wanted to enter your shitty market. I actually don't care about your fucking arguments. You, and people like you, are fucking up people like me, switching your fucking cards to mine a coin which was not your main idea in the past. So , you paid off your cards mining whatever shitty coin pro-nvidia you encountered, and now you fuck up people that still want to ROI even having bought cards at half MSRP prices. GTFO PoS.

You, and all nvidia guys should leave ETH. Because you mined your coins, and now you are destroying our coin. Get out of ETH nvidia guys. This is not meant for you. Go away.

mining is for profit. and thats about all it is.. to make profit. whatever the coin or algo. if a coin cant survive massive amounts of hash power sloshing around then it will die off.  survival of the fittest. adapt or die.

sure there are some miners who mine just to support a particular coin but its a pretty small amount compared to "for profit" miner. and thats fine. i have done that myself here and there in the past. but a miner locking themselves to a particular coin has more risks than a "follow the money" miner.

btw i currently have both amd and nvidia cards (and had ASICs in the past), and have mined more or less continually since 2011. and yes my hash, for the most part, has followed whatever algo or coin that made the most profit for whatever gear i was running at that time.
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

you bought Nvidia cards to mine altcoins pro-nvidia (where AMD could not get) like Zcash. i stayed away from that because i considered those coins to be shitty coins. i bought AMD because i was sure to mine ETH from the begining. I knew by that time that Nvidia cards were more efficient than AMD cards, but with a bit of tweaks and lots of hours of testing, btw,  i got to equal efficiency with huge advantages over Nvidia cards, using almost 130W. with the price of one 1070 i could buy two amd cards. And card to card efficiency my 570-580 were almost equal to 1070's doing 30mh/s. i could match even THE BEST 1070'S OF THE MARKET doing 32mh/s with cards that cost half of those.

So now, you have NOTHING TO DO THAN SWITCH TO ETH fucking those that stayed away from your shitty coins and never wanted to enter your shitty market. I actually don't care about your fucking arguments. You, and people like you, are fucking up people like me, switching your fucking cards to mine a coin which was not your main idea in the past. So , you paid off your cards mining whatever shitty coin pro-nvidia you encountered, and now you fuck up people that still want to ROI even having bought cards at half MSRP prices. GTFO PoS.

Are you for real? Guys with Nvidia cards should not be allowed to mine ETH? I think if you are so butthurt about this you should just sell your cards and get out of the game.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:40:50 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:55:33 PM by mprep

mining is for profit. and thats about all it is.. to make profit. whatever the coin or algo. if a coin cant survive massive amounts of hash power sloshing around then it will die off.  survival of the fittest. adapt or die.

sure there are some miners who mine just to support a particular coin but its a pretty small amount compared to "for profit" miner. and thats fine. i have done that myself here and there in the past.

btw i currently have both amd and nvidia cards (and had ASICs in the past), and have mined since more or less continually since 2011. and yes my hash, for the most part, has followed whatever algo or coin that made the most profit.

i also have 2 1060 on my rigs. And eventhough i knew those cards were better mining Zcash, i stayed away from that. Why? because my investment was to mine ETH. and if ETH failed, i would have left the market and sell my rigs. no doubt. i never trusted other coin than ETH. In fact, i could have built much more rigs for ETH. and i didn't do it. Why? Because first of all i'm not a greedy bastard like many miners here. And 2º because i knew that i was actually harming people that were already mining, and my point was to get enough for me harming those guys the minimum. I entered mining ETH in October 2017. i even considered my goal to get 300€ a month after paying my bills. This was, according to that time, doable.

any coin can survive massive amounts of hash power net wise. the problem is the price. The more hashpower the more supply, the less price. Nvidia guys have now no place to go so no profit and now they are harming ETH miners (AMD related hardware). I undestand that miners are in search for profit. but i will not allow a fucking nvidia retarded to tell me i'm a crybaby, because i'm winning less money due to people like him, switching his cards to mine ETH even at 0 profit , harming my economical interest. at current prices, and current difficulty, it will take me at least 20 more months to even ROI. the perfect storm is here.

I don't need this money. In fact, i hate this market. i'm ready to sell and pray everyday for the end of this big lie, but i will keep my machines ON to fuck up those ASICS and nvidia guys as much as possible. Greed is the biggest cancer of this world. It's proved day after day.

you bought Nvidia cards to mine altcoins pro-nvidia (where AMD could not get) like Zcash. i stayed away from that because i considered those coins to be shitty coins. i bought AMD because i was sure to mine ETH from the begining. I knew by that time that Nvidia cards were more efficient than AMD cards, but with a bit of tweaks and lots of hours of testing, btw,  i got to equal efficiency with huge advantages over Nvidia cards, using almost 130W. with the price of one 1070 i could buy two amd cards. And card to card efficiency my 570-580 were almost equal to 1070's doing 30mh/s. i could match even THE BEST 1070'S OF THE MARKET doing 32mh/s with cards that cost half of those.

Are you for real? Guys with Nvidia cards should not be allowed to mine ETH? I think if you are so butthurt about this you should just sell your cards and get out of the game.

No, i will keep them ON just to increase my best the difficulty so that guys like you mining for loses. And hope the market destroys you.

vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:57:00 PM

i also have 2 1060 on my rigs. And eventhough i knew those cards were better mining Zcash, i stayed away from that. Why? because my investment was to mine ETH. and if ETH failed, i would have left the market and sell my rigs. no doubt. i never trusted other coin than ETH. In fact, i could have built much more rigs for ETH. and i didn't do it. Why? Because first of all i'm not a greedy bastard like many miners here. And 2º because i knew that i was actually harming people that were already mining, and my point was to get enough for me harming those guys the minimum. I entered mining ETH in October 2017

while thats an admirable position to take, and i do understand it (there is a coin i will flat out never mine even if its more profitable simply because i vehemently do not agree with its vision), the bulk of miners are in competition with each other.

but in general if profits are more or less equal i will mine the coin i think is better. and while that may impact the profit of miners who are "true believers" of that coin it increases the security of the coin. so whats good for a coin (increased hash power) may be bad for a miner (increased difficulty). i figure a coins security (ie higher hash rate) has priority over my fellow miners. not that i want them to make less, i just put the coin security 1st. after all if a coin fails due to a low hash rate that allows easy 51% attacks.. well whoever mines that coin has lost anyway.
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:07:08 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 04:31:04 PM by lunobird

So now that your shitty coins are what they are, shitty coins, and proves that your investment was succesfull only due to living the luck of a big bullrun, you have NOTHING TO DO THAN SWITCH TO ETH fucking those that stayed away from your shitty coins and never wanted to enter your shitty market. I actually don't care about your fucking arguments. You, and people like you, are fucking up people like me, switching your fucking cards to mine a coin which was not your main idea in the past. So , you paid off your cards mining whatever shitty coin pro-nvidia you encountered, and now you fuck up people that still want to ROI even having bought cards at half MSRP prices. GTFO PoS.

Lol. Bitch I will grind you down to the ground like I did with your girlfriend last night with my all mighty 1080 ti rigs with eth enlargement pill. 52 hash at 150 watt. Smoke on some of that green. Bought those at $700 usd.  Crazy efficiency. My 1070ti does 31 hash with 107 watts

I knew Amd cards can't play the long game compared to the more efficient green cards. No woman wants that. So I choose Nvidia despite it cost more, it will also have better resale value

I will make you capitulate and you will have to sell your Amd rigs and get out of the mining game. It's going to be a long grind. And if profits were to return I will just ramp up the power to mine faster. I will get the meat of the steak and you will get my leftover sloppy seconds table scraps.

I'm glad I mined zcash and never sell I mine bc it's no shit coin. Getting added to coinbase soon.

TGJ

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:12:41 PM

No, i will keep them ON just to increase my best the difficulty so that guys like you mining for loses. And hope the market destroys you.
Lol, I mine with AMD cards. Are you looking for sympathy here? You are just coming across as a winey little bitch.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:17:35 PM

WTF is happening???

In 4 min almost 1000GH/s entered the network. ETH is being mined by ASICS. This is disgusting. They are destroying the profit !
why if ASICs enter the ETH mine? Is there a rule that prohibits it? if you think to gain profit in not the old and in the same place maybe ETH is not the right place. Try to find other coins for mining in the long run
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 04:36:00 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2019, 09:57:03 PM by mprep

WTF is happening???

In 4 min almost 1000GH/s entered the network. ETH is being mined by ASICS. This is disgusting. They are destroying the profit !
why if ASICs enter the ETH mine? Is there a rule that prohibits it? if you think to gain profit in not the old and in the same place maybe ETH is not the right place. Try to find other coins for mining in the long run

there are no other coins to mine that are not infected by ASIC. And as soon as ETH goes PoS , any existent coin alive with profit, will be hamered to hell with those GH of hashrate. There is not a coin to take that amount of gpus.

you bought Nvidia cards to mine altcoins pro-nvidia (where AMD could not get) like Zcash. i stayed away from that because i considered those coins to be shitty coins. i bought AMD because i was sure to mine ETH from the begining. I knew by that time that Nvidia cards were more efficient than AMD cards, but with a bit of tweaks and lots of hours of testing, btw,  i got to equal efficiency with huge advantages over Nvidia cards, using almost 130W. with the price of one 1070 i could buy two amd cards. And card to card efficiency my 570-580 were almost equal to 1070's doing 30mh/s. i could match even THE BEST 1070'S OF THE MARKET doing 32mh/s with cards that cost half of those.

Lol. Bitch I will grind you down to the ground like I did with your girlfriend last night with my all mighty 1080 ti rigs with eth enlargement pill. 52 hash at 150 watt. Smoke on some of that green. Bought those at $700 usd.  Crazy efficiency. My 1070ti does 31 hash with 107 watts

I knew Amd cards can't play the long game compared to the more efficient green cards. No woman wants that. So I choose Nvidia despite it cost more, it will also have better resale value

I will make you capitulate and you will have to sell your Amd rigs and get out of the mining game. It's going to be a long grind. And if profits were to return I will just ramp up the power to mine faster. I will get the meat of the steak and you will get my leftover sloppy seconds table scraps.

I'm glad I mined zcash and never sell I mine bc it's no shit coin. Getting added to coinbase soon.

interesting. I paid 250$ for every 570-580. all of them are doing 30+. Average from 12 cards is 31,3mh/s. i even got 2 580 with micron doing 32,8mh/s . With 700$ you paid for everyone of those 1080ti, i will buy two AMD cards, will destroy you in hashrate and profit even after paying electricity bills, and with the rest (700-500$ in case you are mentally handicaped = 200$) i will pay your girlfriend to suck my dick until it gets dry.

The only thing you will make me is laugh at your face with big ears like a donkey.

Lol, I mine with AMD cards. Are you looking for sympathy here? You are just coming across as a winey little bitch.

All my Nvidia rigs that is paid off from the last bull run is now mining eth

Lol, I mine with AMD cards

no more questions sir.Learn not to lie.

i also have 2 1060 on my rigs. And eventhough i knew those cards were better mining Zcash, i stayed away from that. Why? because my investment was to mine ETH. and if ETH failed, i would have left the market and sell my rigs. no doubt. i never trusted other coin than ETH. In fact, i could have built much more rigs for ETH. and i didn't do it. Why? Because first of all i'm not a greedy bastard like many miners here. And 2º because i knew that i was actually harming people that were already mining, and my point was to get enough for me harming those guys the minimum. I entered mining ETH in October 2017

while thats an admirable position to take, and i do understand it (there is a coin i will flat out never mine even if its more profitable simply because i vehemently do not agree with its vision), the bulk of miners are in competition with each other.

but in general if profits are more or less equal i will mine the coin i think is better. and while that may impact the profit of miners who are "true believers" of that coin it increases the security of the coin. so whats good for a coin (increased hash power) may be bad for a miner (increased difficulty). i figure a coins security (ie higher hash rate) has priority over my fellow miners. not that i want them to make less, i just put the coin security 1st. after all if a coin fails due to a low hash rate that allows easy 51% attacks.. well whoever mines that coin has lost anyway.

it's not even that. If you bought Nvidia betting for some coins to develop, and after some time, you see that the market has rekt you and you have to switch, well, instead of calling me a crybaby, just tell me: hey, i'm one of those that fucked up the investment, and now i'm mining for 0 profit waiting after electricity betting all on price increase. Sorry for harming you.

That's what i would do on that situation.

TGJ

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:13:41 PM

All my Nvidia rigs that is paid off from the last bull run is now mining eth

Lol, I mine with AMD cards

no more questions sir.Learn not to lie.
I don’t have any Nvidia rigs. That is Lunobird’s quote, not mine.
vapourminer
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:38:19 PM

it's not even that. If you bought Nvidia betting for some coins to develop, and after some time, you see that the market has rekt you and you have to switch, well, instead of calling me a crybaby, just tell me: hey, i'm one of those that fucked up the investment, and now i'm mining for 0 profit waiting after electricity betting all on price increase. Sorry for harming you.

mining hardware, mining software, amd vs nvidia for a particular algo, it all changes over time. some miners prioritize efficiency over the cost of card (high electric cost), some vice versa (cheap electric). on eth amd used to dominate no matter how you sliced it, now nvidia 1080tis that ran in the 30s pull mid 50s for mh/s on eth (because of the pill) so may be better power wise, but still lose $/mhs wise.

amd vs nvidia. meh. just roll with the punches and enjoy the ride i figure.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:55:50 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2018, 06:21:23 PM by Piskeante

mining hardware, mining software, amd vs nvidia for a particular algo, it all changes over time. some miners prioritize efficiency over the cost of card (high electric cost), some vice versa (cheap electric). on eth amd used to dominate no matter how you sliced it, now nvidia 1080tis that ran in the 30s pull mid 50s for mh/s on eth (because of the pill) so may be better power wise, but still lose $/mhs wise.

amd vs nvidia. meh. just roll with the punches and enjoy the ride i figure.

there is not such a ride to enjoy. Hashrate destroys all profit. more coins produced destroy profit. More Asic destroy profit. More Nvidia guys switching to ETH destroys profit. PoS will destroy profit totally. more coins in the market means less profit. No demand or a declining demand destroys profit.

I think this is not gonna end well. In fact, watch my bet in my signature. Every bargain is destroyed in this world due to greed. This one will be another example.

So the question remains unsolved: why is hashrate increasing since profit is almost neglectable??? are people betting on a price increase blindly?? What if that does not happen?? have they thought about it???

i think it could be this: the pill for 1080/1080ti. in a reedit post some guys have reported an increase from 37 to 54 simply by using a program that performs a "tweak" in the memory settings for GDDR5X. Considering a huge amount of people have those cards, the damage of this pill on the hashrate is huge because it increases the hashrate of Nvidia guys by 30% which is and could be this peak we are suffering.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: