Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gpu mining going to die this year?  (Read 186 times)
MistShogun (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:00:04 PM

Hello! I would like you guys to ask guys what do you think about "Gpu mining die this year" , why do i making this question i seen alot of people are talking now about FPGA's and hashrate that i notice for fallowing algos are:
Keccak: 17gh/s
Tribus 2.1Gh/s
Phi1612: 650mh/s
Skunk hash 1.3Gh/s
Ethash 1.9gh/s
Cryptonight v7 21kh/s

And upper algos takes only 250W for each Device , a single device price is 4000USD.

Do you think guys its going to die due to this ?

Maybe someone from "Older" bitcoinminers can tell me anything cuz i know there was in past FPGA's but they disappear
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:20:04 PM

FPGAs disappeared in the past because they were succeeded by ASICs, and the crypto mining ecosystem was entirely different back then. Because many algos are now 'ASIC-resistant' or whatever fancy name people call it nowadays, ASICs are impractical to design for some algos because it'd take too much time and money to do so, just for the algo to change. FPGAs are now essentially the top of the mining succession chain for many coins now, because they are easily reprogrammable for another algorithm and thus aren't as susceptible to a chain forking and becoming a brick as an ASIC is.

So back to the question of GPU mining dying: will it happen? I don't think so entirely. There's likely still going to be coins and algos that are untouched by FPGAs and GPU miners will be able to mine on those coins and algos, but I expect that unless something with coin pricing changes, mining profitability will continue to slip downwards. The game of GPU mining's extremely risky now, but it's not quite dead yet.
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:23:58 PM

Hello! I would like you guys to ask guys what do you think about "Gpu mining die this year" , why do i making this question i seen alot of people are talking now about FPGA's and hashrate that i notice for fallowing algos are:
Keccak: 17gh/s
Tribus 2.1Gh/s
Phi1612: 650mh/s
Skunk hash 1.3Gh/s
Ethash 1.9gh/s
Cryptonight v7 21kh/s

And upper algos takes only 250W for each Device , a single device price is 4000USD.

Do you think guys its going to die due to this ?

Maybe someone from "Older" bitcoinminers can tell me anything cuz i know there was in past FPGA's but they disappear

Basically what has happened by bitmain opening the floodgates to FPGA.  All the hidden miners and manufactures are scrambling to dump what they have at premium before that market becomes diluted. Mining for the common man is done. What we see here is last ditch effort for people to make a buck.  If you look at any industry that has been successeful and produces a great product has and  will always be centralized.  No one wants to wait for parts in the end.  Comes down to time is money. Even if you outsource at first you will eventually look to making in house to save a buck.  Centralization is inherrant in nature.  To think btc and any other alt will somehow defy this is absolutely naive thinking af best.  Negligent if you ask me.  This system will go to the rich.  If you have a dollar or two and want to learn/piss money in the wind then  buy a couple cards. Don’t ever think you will Get rich. Bitmain and the likes a will see to it that doesn’t happen.  Hell they are prolly behind most of the coins at this point.  The trust in this system is eroding very fast.  Until price drops down where even miners can’t be given away then and only then will we see a return of those that are in this for the right reasons.  This has become a rich mans trick at this point.  Don’t be fooled.

Best Regards

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 11:51:48 PM

Hello! I would like you guys to ask guys what do you think about "Gpu mining die this year"

It will die just as it did in 2015, 2016, and 2017 when people were freaking over market flux...... 

'cause its been so horribly 'dead' through those times leading to now... ya know....

Sarcasm aside, I don't think it will truly die.   You must evolve with the animal.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:27:14 AM

For the 100th time

whats dead will never die
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:59:04 AM

Basically what has happened by bitmain opening the floodgates to FPGA.  All the hidden miners and manufactures are scrambling to dump what they have at premium before that market becomes diluted. Mining for the common man is done. What we see here is last ditch effort for people to make a buck.  If you look at any industry that has been successeful and produces a great product has and  will always be centralized.  No one wants to wait for parts in the end.  Comes down to time is money. Even if you outsource at first you will eventually look to making in house to save a buck.  Centralization is inherrant in nature.  To think btc and any other alt will somehow defy this is absolutely naive thinking af best.  Negligent if you ask me.  This system will go to the rich.  If you have a dollar or two and want to learn/piss money in the wind then  buy a couple cards. Don’t ever think you will Get rich. Bitmain and the likes a will see to it that doesn’t happen.  Hell they are prolly behind most of the coins at this point.  The trust in this system is eroding very fast.  Until price drops down where even miners can’t be given away then and only then will we see a return of those that are in this for the right reasons.  This has become a rich mans trick at this point.  Don’t be fooled.

Best Regards
Definitely right. I do believe that a lot of big cap coins were created by Bitmain. They keep creating new drugs to get the kids hooked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: