Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:14:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you research altcoins?  (Read 1569 times)
DanyJr

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:35:30 PM

Actually I do not research on altcoins as I do not need to do research on them. When bitcoin is in the market, I do not need to think for others. Bitcoin is the leader of the market. It is reputed and profitable coin. So instead of giving time to other, I prefer to give time on bitcoin. This is my personal views.
cryptomonotize

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:46:01 PM

To research altcoin I prefer to investigate how successful was the ICO for that particular altcoin. Also who was the manager and what team members has the project. Personally I do not trust some rating sites who actually sells ratings.
PrntOfSysRq

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Just go to coinmarketcap.com, choose a coin, go to Social tab and follow their twitter, reddit, and from there join their telegram group/slack channel. Download and print the whitepaper, read it, scan everything on the twitter and reddit, keep tabs on the chat rooms, and read up on their bitcointalk announcement and you should get an understanding of what the project is about and how to proceed accordingly. Also tools like coindata, cryptoping are very useful to back up your analysis.
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:56:31 PM

How do you research altcoins to invest in? I'm talking about legit/long term investing in projects that have real potential to become something that creates value.

How do you find the coins you're looking for?

What are your go to tools?
I check the ratings in coinmarketcap or from the others, I also check their social media like reddit, twitter, facebook, telegram, etc. If I see the team is active and good in marketing and also has an enough experience to run the project I go for it like docademic.
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:04:23 PM

To research about altcoins the smartest website is the Github. Open source codes are implemented by maximum blockchain projects where you can get to know anything relatable by analyzing the open source codes.
Hodler43

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:46:27 PM

Slate (SLX) ICO sale is now live! Don't miss out on The Future of Entertainment!

Bounty Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4554022.0

Telegram group: https://t.me/Slate

Token price : $0.03 USD
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:53:45 AM

I usually finding out about new cryptos on trading forums, or in the process of searching for information about some particular coin/exchange/etc.
At the present time I'm using such resources as Coindesk and CoinMarketCap. By the way, here is a link with a list of all existing cryptos - https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/. Hope, it will be helpful for you.
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:57:47 AM

I am doing research on ICOs, very often not to miss promising projects. Here are some tips: visit listing platforms, I am using www.icoguide.com and look at rates, this helps you to filter projects. As there are a lot of ICOs and it is not possible to read all whitepapers and look through all of them. Than look at team, it should be experienced and caring about project. Idea of the project should be promising and unique, it should not be copied or not realistic. Whitepaper should be informative enough, and it should not be like a bauble full of promises.
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:00:26 AM

Good Article how to find good projects, namely ICOs: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/choosing-an-ico-common-pitfalls-of-scam-icos it will be helpful.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:02:27 AM

Choosing and selecting coin to invest in take some time to research and follow.  If you are thorough in choosing the right coin,  you will benefit from the quality and relevance of such coin eventually.

Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:08:44 AM

It may be difficult to tell if a project will eventually turn scam or not in future. But there are factors that can help in cutting down risk. Some of them includes project whitepaper, a well experienced team is important, project should have a need or reason for it to be developed, project roadmap etc.
lekleklek

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:14:16 AM

I do a lot more fundamentals analysis than I do technical analysis.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:17:16 AM

For me, I see first the rank and trust percentage of the author of the thread which is the bounty campaign manager, then checking all the link of the specific alt coin project. From solid website, good response in telegram, their transparency, liability, good project background if they had, demand of the crypto market community, vision that is connected on their roadmap and many more. Hope I add a good thought folks.
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:20:24 AM

see the team behind altcoin, and the technology that exists therein. If you have a good team then will also have a nice development and will even be successful in the market. such an analysis is important to do because it could determine the outcome of the investment.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:23:08 AM

How do you research altcoins to invest in?
I'm looking at this charts and do my own technical analysis and still do my research by reading reviews about that certain coin.

I'm talking about legit/long term investing in projects that have real potential to become something that creates value.
I don't see ICOs as profitable, I'm only looking at them if they get listed and becomes fully coin and I'm avoiding the scam ones.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:32:34 AM

I research altcoins simply reading this forum, chatting with my crypto friends in telegram and keeping an eye on ico drops- this is the only site I believe and they are not shillers unlike ICO bench
pekcoin01

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:37:15 AM

In the crypto-money world, research is really important. Making money is getting harder.
I use social media. I do research especially on telegram and twitter.
You need to make the right move at the right time.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:42:56 AM

Do your research well. If you want to buy altcoin you need to do graphical follow-up.I do buy-sell doing graphical follow-up.Making money is getting harder. You need to be careful.
goshaperevalov

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2018, 08:44:49 AM

At the stage of ICO, a resource such as ICOdrops is very helpful. They advise very promising projects. I have never been wrong, I just stick to their advice.

sinachy

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:04:13 PM

Researching for an altcoin to invest is a very tasking one but there is a way i go about the researching my altcoins, I check their team to know if the people that start the project are still together or if some have left, I will check their road map to see what is ahead of the future, I will check their produce and their competitor and the edge they have over them. These and more will form my investment decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: