Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:24:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO investment still worth it?  (Read 112586 times)
Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:28:00 PM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think

I think that now the market has fallen, which is why it is happening. I don't understand why invest in an ICO if you don't have enough patience, wait out the drop. In most cases, the bounty participants understate the price, in an attempt to get rid of the coin as soon as possible.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2408AAY

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:36:31 PM

When you look at the market now, the prices aren't encouraging but it's still worth it because you holding it for it to rise will generate more profits later in the future.
Osakrita

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:38:50 PM

Yes they are worth it despite the fact that there profitability has been relatively poor lately,the space is still growing and there are a lot of good projects that will change the way we do things,also bullish market will restore things
pedropenduko001

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:50:02 PM

Yes if you choose good one but it will be for long term for sure i'm talking about a year or more because they take time to run their project
romaleshc

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:59:41 PM

The market is showing signs of recovery after a series of events. So investing in ICO at the present time should be considered because if the market rebounds in exchange rates, investment in ICO will make a huge profit. I recommend investing in ICO at this time, there are many potential ICOs and you should consider investing in Buddy ICO project.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
JCO05

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:00:41 PM

Promising ICOs are worthy to invest but maybe, this is just not the best time to do such thing. Many ICOs are resulting to profit loss. the reason behind this, is the downtrend this year. The market price are falling below ICO price. Most of the investors are losing profit and we are all hoping that things will be back soon. For now, let's be patient.

primarydumz

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:04:52 PM

For the past two months almost all the ICOs i have invested when they get listed on exchange, they are reduced by about 300% of the price i bought it. Those who buy after the ICO tend to gain more profit than we the early adopters. Now am confused whether i should continue with ICO investments or stop. Guys what do you think

I can say its very worth it, as prices are high nowadays you can have a double profit in the end. Investing ICO is too risky, as we know that many scam ICO lurking nowadays. But when you buy tokens in ICO its more profitable because you can have a discount although make sure you invest a good project or have potential to be success in the future.

▰✔♞❉▰ Globedx BOUNTY MANAGER ▰❉♞✔▰
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:08:00 PM

Market conditions are in a bad condition because of this, investing in ico projects is very risky. So you actually chose the wrong project, because only a few percent of the ico project was successful. Investing in ico's project requires a very good and right analysis, mistakes in doing analysis so it will only make us stay away from success.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:12:14 PM

I think there are many ICOs that can still give you good results for your investment, so far I am with a project called redcap, which will revolutionize the transport industry, so if you are interested you can invest in them, so far they have complied with the roadmap and will have a very good price when they get the listing.
Bromote

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:13:04 PM

I would rather wait for a couple of months to see if the market improves in terms of ICO projects, there are simply too many projects without a base or innovative idea.
Walter789

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 11:26:29 PM

Yes some ICO are we should say worth it because there are have a good benefits when you join on their projects or you should invest to their projects. But some of the ICO or bounty campaigns right now is quite not good like for the scam ICO it is very disappointing when you joined in some projects that didn't get successful. But for us? we need to avoid those scam ICO by consulting some sites that criticize all running and upcoming ICO projects to eliminate chances of getting lost
b_economic_d
Copper Member

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:14:34 PM

Interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain is quite high, so these investment tools are certainly in demand.
ELEMENTS_FUND

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

It's well known that approximately 80% of ICOs are scams and over 50% fail within first four months of operations. The return on investment in ICOs is in steady decline because of the incredibly high business, regulatory, and legal risks inherent to this nascent space. Aggressive market manipulation and widespread pump-and-dump schemes increase chances of losing investors’ money.

Despite all these negative factors, retail investors still participate in token sales with no certainty how ICO project will perform and what will the value of its token be. We can observe not a high risk/return ratio here but actually a very high risk/uncertain return correlation. On the risk side of the equation, all ICO investments are exposed to extremely high idiosyncratic risk as investment is made in a single ICO project with no historical performance and track record.

Investors’ demand is driven primarily by expectations of high return on investments. Investing in liquid digital assets that have well established teams and business models could be an alternative to ICO investments. However, even in this scenario, retail investors can’t efficiently manage their capital as they are not qualified enough to perform token price valuation, fundamental analysis of the blockchain project, technical analysis of the token price movements, and legal and regulatory due diligence. 

Another type of investors are crypto hedge funds that are managed by investment professionals. Generally, top-tier crypto hedge funds with hundreds of millions of US dollars under management have excellent historical performance and track record. Crypto hedge funds that use active portfolio management approach have the ability to deliver impressive returns even during bear market conditions. For example, Pantera Bitcoin Fund's lifetime return was over 10,000% as of the end of July, 2018, net of fees and expenses.

Crypto hedge funds can earn substantial returns leveraging their deep knowledge of market trends, strong investment expertise, and rigorous due diligence. When investing in ICOs, crypto hedge funds have access to exclusive private deals with deepest discounts and can invest in the most promising blockchain projects that are not opened to public. Hedge funds provide their investors with monthly investor reports and perform annual audit to confirm the transparency of hedge fund operations and actual holdings.

Unfortunately, regular investors are not able to invest in crypto hedge funds, at least in the United States. Crypto hedge funds typically require multi-million dollar minimums and are designed for high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and institutional investors.  Under the US securities laws, in the context of a natural person, an accredited investor is an individual who have a net worth of at least $1,000,000, excluding the value of one’s primary residence, or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 combined income if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year.

ELEMENTS (www.elements.cx) is the first blockchain project that solves this issue. ELEMENTS offers easy access to top-tier crypto hedge funds worldwide through its native token with $100 nominal value ($75 during Pre Sale). Each token represents a stake in ELEMENTS capital and its value is linked to the performance of underlying investments, best-in-class crypto hedge funds. Unlike typical ICO tokens, ELEMENTS tokens have a real intrinsic value being secured by a USD capital invested in the most profitable crypto hedge funds worldwide. More details at www.elements.cx or Bitcointalk [ANN] Thread.

ELEMENTS_FUND

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 06:27:59 PM

Here is the link to ELEMENTS blockchain fund Bitcointalk [ANN] thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4962120.msg45040578#msg45040578
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:32:11 PM

Now of course all investors are now very confused about the ICO now. There are good ICOs and some are not good. Or we can call it not potential. In my opinion, investing in ICO is still very feasible, and you also have to really know what the project is. So you can determine the potential or not.
Pump N Dead

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:12:34 PM

It is better to avoid ICO for now because it is hard to identify which ICO are legitimate or not. Better buy a known coin because it is already stable and establish community support.
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

It is better to avoid ICO for now because it is hard to identify which ICO are legitimate or not. Better buy a known coin because it is already stable and establish community support.
ICO investment is always profitable if you are an expert in ICO assessment and investment. Agreed that there are a lot of ICO scams in 2018 and the price of ICO thing dropped after listing at the exchange, but there are still plenty of good ICO x2-x5 times the ICO price. High profits are always risky so consider investing or not investing as you say

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:21:41 PM

Don't be afraid when investing. Maybe you don't review the Project and how it will be applicable in a real world. When choosing a ICO I can suggest that, always read the whitepaper, what is the purpose of the token and what are the next move of the ICO team after reaching their sales target. Don't be deceived by their sweet words because there is no such things as fast money. Don't rely the rate in ICO review site. Just ask yourself how will this ICO make in top.
kzel2226

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:33:08 PM

always resarch dude before you buy the project from ico you need to know all of details of the ico altcoin before you decide to buy

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
Stupidtrolley

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:36:59 PM

Investments into ICO were always repaid if you invested in the necessary projects. All good projects at a stage of ICO had a justified purchase and brought income.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: