Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud Mining  (Read 1468 times)
Amiriss (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:27:23 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 01:59:40 PM by Amiriss

Hi every one I wondering how good cloud mining is.
I was wondering if it worth getting involved in cloud mining.
Lots of company are saying they you can save money by not having energy cost or the cost replacement parts

dose any one have any experience with the cloud mining company's?

are they as good they say or is it another mining scam?

Thanks every one looking forward to you comments

Amiriss
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:40:49 AM

Before buying any hardware or hashrate, check your profitability with a calculator.
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator or https://cex.io/calc

Think it this way, if you can earn some bitcoin by buying the hashrate, why would the site owner sell the hashrate in the first place?
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

Yeah,I think what cloud hashing offers is that you'll be saving up on hardware and electricity costs,but you'll almost always be mining at a loss,as in you won't recover your investment.

Also,alt-coin cloud hashing has the added benefit of getting in some serious hash power before the coin value increases,but that's always a gamble,ofc.

j3steven

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:47:36 AM

Anyone have any experience with CryptoCurrencyInc.com?  Never seen any feedback so I am unsure if it's real or a scam.

They offer 1GH/s per $10 for a year contract.  Is that a common price across the cloud mining 'industry'?

InCoinsITrust

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:48:24 AM

Anyone have any experience with CryptoCurrencyInc.com?  Never seen any feedback so I am unsure if it's real or a scam.

They offer 1GH/s per $10 for a year contract.  Is that a common price across the cloud mining 'industry'?

Tat looks like a cheap offer to me, but i am mining only scrypt coins, anyway, check everything twice before buying.
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:53:41 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 06:26:06 PM by Frost000

There's also this site: http://pbmining.com

No trading, but it's 0.0125 per GH/s. The admin's fairly active on these boards and seems to be very helpful.
Sonny

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:45:13 PM

There's also this site: http://pbmining.com

No trading, but it's 0.0125 per GH/s. The admin's fairly active on these boards and seems to be very helpful.

This is the official thread, in case someone is curious.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418183.0;all
Sonny

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:46:42 PM

Tat looks like a cheap offer to me, but i am mining only scrypt coins, anyway, check everything twice before buying.

Be careful, the mining contract will start 3+ months later, but not now. Smiley

Latest Update 12/11/2013
Don't want to pay using Bitcoin? Visit our order page for other payment methods.
Save money by Pre-order our mining contract for only $10 per 1 Gh/s. Mining starts 5/25/2014. We recommend that you purchase 50+ Gh/s bitcoin mining contract.
j3steven

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:14:08 PM

Thanks for reading the fine print, I am bad at reading instructions.  I dont think it's worth it if it starts in 3 months and what the difficulty will be at...

Sonny

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:12:47 AM

Thanks for reading the fine print, I am bad at reading instructions.  I dont think it's worth it if it starts in 3 months and what the difficulty will be at...

You are welcome.
Yup, and that is exactly why the hashrate is "cheap"...
chocomav

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:47:33 PM

With the recent drop in bitcoin prices, you are probably better off simply buying bitcoins directly now and waiting for the inevitable rise in prices later this year.
unibean

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:51:27 AM

With the recent drop in bitcoin prices, you are probably better off simply buying bitcoins directly now and waiting for the inevitable rise in prices later this year.
that is right i think to buy with today price is much better than mining.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:29:17 AM

As much as these guys shown credibility at some level, you got to factor a important detail to these things.

1. You leave the option to give them steal all your btc and you cant do anything about it. They start over and setup shop some where else.

Outside from having a miner on hand.

If you are going to decide on choosing ANY, I would just invest the btc amount with what you can afford to lose.

So worst case scenario, would be your not broke entirely.
Sonny

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:16:38 PM

Hey,

I use cloud mining and I am happy to this date.
Check out my signature for more info.

Cheers

I can see nothing in your sig...
You'd better take a look at it Smiley

EDIT: It seems all cex.io links are blocked with adblock now lol Smiley
leonArdo@margin
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

If you get lucky mining an alt coin (like the recent MAX coin) then it can be very profitable. But if the coin you are mining turns out to be not worth so much, then you can lose a lot. It's a gamble.

gorgoros

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:30:39 AM

If is free, do it! If not... is scam.
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:49:52 PM

If is free, do it! If not... is scam.

Nothing's free if you're hoping for healthy profits.
goebat

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 04:24:02 PM

Cloud mining sites like CEX.io and Scrypt.cc offer hashing power as a trade-able commodity, and CAN be profitable, but generally only if you trade wisely.  You need to be aware that the price of GHS/KHS (hashing power) is pretty much guaranteed to go down over time, and generally faster than your profits come in.  My strategy has been to buy after major dips in price, and to sell when I think it won't go any higher (very scientific!).  I've managed to make some modest gains.  It also helps to get some referrals as you get a small percentage of their mining power.  And with that in mind, you'll find my referral links in my sig.

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
Bitcoin_Mafia

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 05:34:13 PM

I did not even know that there were scrypt cloud mining options available. I've been looking for one for ages. Are there others besides the one mentioned in this thread?

goebat

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 08:05:08 PM

I did not even know that there were scrypt cloud mining options available. I've been looking for one for ages. Are there others besides the one mentioned in this thread?

Scrypt.cc is the only one I'm aware of.  It's quite new, and they have plans to let you choose what coin to mine, but not to let you point hashing power wherever you like (which would be awesome!)

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: