Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 7428 times)
KawalGrover

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:23:57 PM

"We have property everywhere and yet there are so many homeless..."

From a standpoint where you want to make things equal for people, what he says makes sense.

However, in the real world, people own stuff and can do whatever they want with it. If I wanted to and had enough money, I could buy an entire street in central London, and then let it stay vacant while homeless people roam the streets. And it would be perfectly legal, although not very moral..

Our fundamental economics are totally screwed up. How interest, fractional reserve banking and various debt instruments that create "units" of value out of thin air and then use that power to usurp control leads to a lot of mismanagement/allocation of resources.

The Blockchain fixes some of the inherent corrupt practices of our monetary system.

Its not about making things 'equal' as in resource distribution. But more as in 'equal access' to capital so that whoever wants to sell something and as long as there is someone to buy it, then you create a free market. A removal of the middle man will allow much more friction-less transactions. In that kind of a decentralized world, capital will find the best uses through open decentralized exchanges. Some people may value wars more, some removing poverty. The idea of how to allocate resources won't be decided by a few bankers, but by a more open decentralized, freer and a more democratic society.

Amir was alluding to these issues. And given the constraints, I think he did a pretty good job.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:59:01 PM

amir is clearly losing it.

is he on drugs? because he looks completely fucked up.

not a great spokeperson for bitcoin.

- Infinity

Get out of Bitcoin. You clearly have no clue what it is the goal of it. People like you are doing more damage to it than good.

Judging people of how they look? You are retarded, period.

I don't doubt this dude's knowledge of BTC and abilities as a coder, but guy doesn't look like a good public voice and face for Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is designed for people. Tell me, how people look like in moments when they are not forced into dress code by bullshits?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:01:09 PM

At least he's got balls putting his voice out there. And he clearly is passionate, but I do not think he's the best spokesperson for bitcoin, and that's perhaps why some media outlets wants him to speak about bitcoin..

But as a community we cannot decide who can speak about bitcoin, and who cannot. He's got his face and identity out there, while most of us sit here semi-anonymous and deliver criticism, I guess that any of us, if we wanted to could take on a more active and public role for bitcoin if we wanted to do that.

But some of the things that he says is a bit far out, and also he's not coherent in all his line of thought, and his presentation is not very professional, so perhaps the image BBC wants to portray is that bitcoin is run by a gang of punks and not to be taken seriously?

I understand he is passionate. We all are. But, Amir accepts to go on a national TV station, which has millions of viewers, and then just talks a load of incoherent non-sense for 5 minutes. That's not going to persuade viewers at home to start buying or even researching bitcoin.

Surely there are more professional and knowledgble people in the UK to talk about bitcoin?

I listened to the video, but unfortunately it was too painful too watch. Shame.

You are a noob indeed as your name suggest, so you probably should STFU before throwing shit to one of the persons who has made crucial contributions to BTC.

And no, there's no "more professional and knowledgeable" people in the UK to talk about Bitcoin. He has been a key Bitcoin developer since early on and his current projects (dark wallet, stealth addresses) are some of the most important and exciting developments for BTC..

Last but not least, he understands Bitcoin perfectly and he says what is need to be said. He is not wearing "like a trump", he  lives in anarchists communities and probably doesn't give a fuck about what you might consider fancy clothes, you should probably listen to what he has to say instead of judging him by his looks.

Finally, this is not his best interview, but we need more Amirs and less snakes like some of the top members of the foundation who are only interested in their fiat profits - amir is the opposite and probably Satoshi is proud of him. Do not forget why Bitcoin was created.

Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:15:18 PM

Inspiring interview although he has trouble staying on topic.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:28:06 PM

I repeat in case people still haven't watched it, this is a vid of Amir giving a great talk, proving definitively that Amir can talk eloquently in public about bitcoin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppllG0gzWY
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:04:52 PM

I repeat in case people still haven't watched it, this is a vid of Amir giving a great talk, proving definitively that Amir can talk eloquently in public about bitcoin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppllG0gzWY

* while coked up

FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:11:22 PM

As I said in the other thread on this topic

They interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

Have you seen the interview?

Q. How can Bitcoin make the world a better place?
A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:14:04 PM

As I said in the other thread on this topic

They interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

Have you seen the interview?

Q. How can Bitcoin make the world a better place?
A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)

Yeah these bastards are using him on purpose, the audience simply won't connect and will picture him when Bitcoin comes up. His ugly face is doing a huge disservice. This is propaganda.

practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:15:03 PM

* while coked up

You seem to know a lot about the drug sub culture  Wink

What would be your drug of choice ?

I'm betting on Mogadon.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:29:11 PM

* while coked up

You seem to know a lot about the drug sub culture  Wink

What would be your drug of choice ?

I'm betting on Mogadon.

No you weirdo, I like stimulants. I've done mounds of cocaine back in the day

chufchuf

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:37:20 PM

I agree this guy is a lot more important if you want to be free, than those screaming for gubmint to fuck them in the ass with regulations, but hopefully he's not taking drugs as they induce cell degeneration but it looks like he is on them. Btw, is darkwallet delayed?
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

Speaking of the UK, does anyone know who the "London Whale" is?

Yes, I do know him, in fact I spoke to him face to face only a few days ago. Grin But he told me not to reveal his identity, so meh.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Analyticse

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:46:11 PM

who is this

amir?

i am Rusian  Roll Eyes

maybe this prezident in india? or guy in china?

i am think this guy very popular in amerika or europe?  Huh
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:00:07 AM

OP if you think this is bad, you'll shit yourself if you see his other interviews.  This was by FAR Amir's best interview to date.

christo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:09:19 AM

I think Amir would benefit from media training.

Not to change his message. Just to make his messages clearer to a wider range of people.

Answering questions directly, acknowledging and referencing aspects of the specific question, asking rhetorical questions - these things really help make the interview flow better.

For example he could have said "Do you think the US Dollar is free from large scale corruption?", and let the question hang there for a moment.

I think Amir has a raw talent, but his effectiveness in communicating a challenging message can be easily improved by practicing the skill of delivery. This can be taught.

What cannot be taught, however, is passion. He clearly has a passion for what he's saying and people can connect with that.
videos4btc

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:18:36 AM

OD coming in 3, 2 ...

Basically, OD is coming there is no doubt about that.... 3, 2 , 1 ...
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:34:40 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 03:06:52 AM by EvilPanda

He's too passionate for this, the last part about buying the whole planet sounded weird to an average person.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:10:24 AM

The Blockchain fixes some of the inherent corrupt practices of our monetary system.

Its not about making things 'equal' as in resource distribution. But more as in 'equal access' to capital so that whoever wants to sell something and as long as there is someone to buy it, then you create a free market. A removal of the middle man will allow much more friction-less transactions. In that kind of a decentralized world, capital will find the best uses through open decentralized exchanges. Some people may value wars more, some removing poverty. The idea of how to allocate resources won't be decided by a few bankers, but by a more open decentralized, freer and a more democratic society.

Amir was alluding to these issues. And given the constraints, I think he did a pretty good job.

Cheesy

LoL at "removal of the middle man".

Before Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Bank

After Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Blockchain -> Exchange Market -> Bank.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:41:22 AM

who is this

amir?

i am Rusian  Roll Eyes

maybe this prezident in india? or guy in china?

i am think this guy very popular in amerika or europe?  Huh

Amir is on of the guys of the Bitcoinica / Interscamgo debacle leaking the Bitcoinica source code which ultimately led to another hack on the platform. People still try to get back tens of thousdands (!) of Bitcoins now kept hostage at MtGoxScam even though court-appointed liquidators have been claiming these funds for over a year now. It is being speculated that MtGox may have used these coins and the money to avoid insolvency up to today. (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451225.0;topicseen Mt.Gox SCAM? $38million disappeared. Large sums affected.)

He should be the last person to have anything still to do with Bitcoin, let alone be a spokesman. I wish he was in jail.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:52:30 AM

Wow you guys are harsh. Not the most polished presentation but Bitcoin isn't just for bankers (or ex. bankers or people dressed like bankers).
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: