Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 7437 times)
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:59:01 AM

Fuck all you assholes this was the best interview yet.

First things first--bitcoin doesn't need to put on a pretty face for anybody. It can't be stopped.

Secondly, all these banksters and regulators trying to get in on the game; you're all fucked, because the bankster types will think they're "cashing out" at some point but really they'll be buying worthless scraps of paper with the only real money they ever had; and the regulator types will find that no law they can put on the books will do a goddamn thing against bitcoin.

It would be an honor and a privilege to meet Amir and I hope I have the chance someday.

I am extremely skeptical of anybody talking about bitcoin and wearing a suit.

However, I'm not worried. Not even a little bit. Because no matter how hard you fuckwads try, you won't ever kill this movement. You're all fucked over already. The battle's just begun but you guys already lost.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:00:05 AM

The Blockchain fixes some of the inherent corrupt practices of our monetary system.

Its not about making things 'equal' as in resource distribution. But more as in 'equal access' to capital so that whoever wants to sell something and as long as there is someone to buy it, then you create a free market. A removal of the middle man will allow much more friction-less transactions. In that kind of a decentralized world, capital will find the best uses through open decentralized exchanges. Some people may value wars more, some removing poverty. The idea of how to allocate resources won't be decided by a few bankers, but by a more open decentralized, freer and a more democratic society.

Amir was alluding to these issues. And given the constraints, I think he did a pretty good job.

Cheesy

LoL at "removal of the middle man".

Before Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Bank

After Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Blockchain -> Exchange Market -> Bank.

Howbout fuck your bank and I don't use fiat currency, period?

The catchphrase on Blockchain.info should be the rallying cry of bitcoin--"Be your own bank."

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
HenryRomp

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:06:55 AM

As I said in the other thread on this topic

They interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

Have you seen the interview?

Q. How can Bitcoin make the world a better place?
A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)

This is the whole fucking point. Bitcoin doesn't care if you're a 9 year old kid in Iran running a gambling website. Bitcoin doesn't care if the BBC calls it satan's spawn. It will have no significant impact on bitcoin whatsoever, excepting maybe minor temporary unimportant and expected price fluctuations.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:14:55 AM

They interview him on purpose. Incoherent, unpresentable & controversial. Exactly what they know their audience won't relate too. They can count on him to make Bitcoin look bad without even trying.

A. Because a 9 year old kid in Iran can download it and then start a gambling website.

Thanks Amir...

(I guess he would be OK talking at colleges/young adults that he could relate to more.)

This is the whole fucking point. Bitcoin doesn't care if you're a 9 year old kid in Iran running a gambling website. Bitcoin doesn't care if the BBC calls it satan's spawn. It will have no significant impact on bitcoin whatsoever, excepting maybe minor temporary unimportant and expected price fluctuations.

Lol. Like Today? Bitstamp 649 Dollars per BTC. Fuck.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:22:05 AM

The Blockchain fixes some of the inherent corrupt practices of our monetary system.

Its not about making things 'equal' as in resource distribution. But more as in 'equal access' to capital so that whoever wants to sell something and as long as there is someone to buy it, then you create a free market. A removal of the middle man will allow much more friction-less transactions. In that kind of a decentralized world, capital will find the best uses through open decentralized exchanges. Some people may value wars more, some removing poverty. The idea of how to allocate resources won't be decided by a few bankers, but by a more open decentralized, freer and a more democratic society.

Amir was alluding to these issues. And given the constraints, I think he did a pretty good job.

Cheesy

LoL at "removal of the middle man".

Before Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Bank

After Bitcoin:

Bank -> Exchange Market -> Blockchain -> Exchange Market -> Bank.

Howbout fuck your bank and I don't use fiat currency, period?

The catchphrase on Blockchain.info should be the rallying cry of bitcoin--"Be your own bank."

Hey numbskull, someone needs fiat currency to obtain BTC. Did you even know that?
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 09:31:43 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 04:11:09 PM by malevolent

Hey numbskull, someone needs fiat currency to obtain BTC. Did you even know that?

Except you don't need fiat to obtain BTC.

Did you know that?

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:42:04 AM

Thanks Amir...

Lol. Like Today? Bitstamp 649 Dollars per BTC. Fuck.

One year ago, exactly 12 dollars per BTC.

$12 to $649 in one year? It looks like Amir is doing quite well, as he's been giving interviews non-stop on BBC and other mainstream media outlets since 2011.

Shibboleth

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:46:52 AM

Forget about this car crash interview and Amir talking about five years olds in Iran setting up gambling sites, there is a greater meme..

Amir is passionate, a great guy and has allot to offer the bitcoin community. But this is simply a MSM set up. This is a typical British MSM tactic - "build them up then smash them down"

Amir's profile is tainted by the whole Intersango situation. This will be used against him in the future. The message will be, "look at that guy he is bitcoin and look at what he has done."  - Even if he is completely innocent, he needs to fix the Intersango situation before is goes on MSM and speaks to the likes of Huw Edwards.

We love you Amir but you are not the right person at this stage to speak to the MSM about Bitcoin.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:29:07 AM

Forget about this car crash interview and Amir talking about five years olds in Iran setting up gambling sites, there is a greater meme..

Amir is passionate, a great guy and has allot to offer the bitcoin community. But this is simply a MSM set up. This is a typical British MSM tactic - "build them up then smash them down"

Amir's profile is tainted by the whole Intersango situation. This will be used against him in the future. The message will be, "look at that guy he is bitcoin and look at what he has done."  - Even if he is completely innocent, he needs to fix the Intersango situation before is goes on MSM and speaks to the likes of Huw Edwards.

We love you Amir but you are not the right person at this stage to speak to the MSM about Bitcoin.

We don't know what happened in the Intersango situation, while it's easy to say that he should've seen what was coming, and seen what happened, and been able to work against it and help the customers, sometimes people just get fucked over by other people and are left as scapegoats in the public eye.

This is not a defense of him - I'm just saying. I could've been part of a company, for example hired as a PR representative and genuinely believing in the company, and everything just runs smoothly for a couple of years, and then things starts to go sour, and then the CEO vanishes with a few millions and makes himself inaccessible, and I would be left with a shitstorm and people accusing me of the fact that I should've known about the shady dealings of this company. Now, a lot of people would've smelled the misdoings at a very early stage, and then either tried to change it or left the business altogether, but there are people who don't have these antennas, and that are easily fooled and can be used as scapegoats.

Still not a defense for Amir, just putting out the possibility as an argument against the accusations. And ofcourse his image is tarnished by that situation, as people lost a whole lot of money.
simulacrum

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 12:27:45 PM

It seems obvious why they interview him...they LIKE him. In the human sense, not as part of some nefarious plot to undermine Bitcoin.

You'll see it in the way the interviewer introduces him, addresses him, and closes out the interview.  Anyone who talks to media-trained suits day after day will be refreshed to talk to someone as sincere and accomplished as Amir, who is happy to rock up to the studio in a hoodie and talk street English.  I've met Amir a few times and he is eminently likeable, and it seems this debate is partly a division between those who know him and those who don't.  It's also a split between those who think rhetoric is needed to convince the world to use Bitcoin, and those who think a fully-functioning blockchain and ecosystem is what will convince the world to use Bitcoin.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:58:28 PM

Someone mentioned "isn't there anybody more qualified".

Short answer: NO!

This is the BBC remember, and this guy is British. He probably -is- the most qualified person in the UK. And the BBC surely love to celebrate British achievements and put a British spin on things if they can. It's a very patriotic organisation.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 01:41:03 PM

It seems obvious why they interview him...they LIKE him. In the human sense, not as part of some nefarious plot to undermine Bitcoin.

You'll see it in the way the interviewer introduces him, addresses him, and closes out the interview.  Anyone who talks to media-trained suits day after day will be refreshed to talk to someone as sincere and accomplished as Amir, who is happy to rock up to the studio in a hoodie and talk street English.  I've met Amir a few times and he is eminently likeable, and it seems this debate is partly a division between those who know him and those who don't.  It's also a split between those who think rhetoric is needed to convince the world to use Bitcoin, and those who think a fully-functioning blockchain and ecosystem is what will convince the world to use Bitcoin.

...and those who think he is a criminal. (Bitcoinca / negligence / leaked source code / cluster fuck-up)

People don't forget if you are considerably responsible in losing them millions of dollars. This might actually be a reason for him to be on drugs.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 01:54:33 PM

This is the BBC remember, and this guy is British. He probably -is- the most qualified person in the UK. And the BBC surely love to celebrate British achievements and put a British spin on things if they can. It's a very patriotic organisation.

Short answer:  YES!

Andrea Antonopolous.

He shits on Amir and then eats him for breakfast in every facet.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:09:21 PM

Amir's direction is all correct, and I think he should spend some more time studying existing economy system so that he can explain clearly why bitcoin is much more advanced

davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 05:57:14 PM

Amir's direction is all correct, and I think he should spend some more time studying existing economy system so that he can explain clearly why bitcoin is much more advanced

I'm not sure talking about the competitor is needed or wise. It just reminds people of what they do like about what they are familiar with.

To get people to think about change, you need to spend time talking about what they don't know, rather than wasting time talking of what they know well. Everyone has their perception of what they are familiar with. You are more likely to convince people about that which they do not know, than that which they do.

Talking about what Bitcoin offers and perhaps then simply noting that it's not controlled by any third party, is sufficient. People can then reflect on how their masters are doing them over and how existing power and wealth have an unfair advantage in perpetuating the difference. The state of the economy talks for itself. Talk then instead of flexibility and freedom, no need to exchange money at the boarder just take it with you etc etc; and if in a business or political forum, talk of colour coins and how much opportunity there is for innovation.

The dark heart of current economics, is exactly what would make him look uncomfortable; and anyone doing that, would easily get caught for lack of knowledge. Don't play their game on their turf and expect to win!

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:40:14 PM

Andrea Antonopolous.

Is he British? Doesn't sound it to my ears... but excuse my ignorance if he is. Being actually located in Britain and available for in-person short notice interviews is probably another bonus too.

I like Amir's outlook. It appeals to a demographic of everyday low income people who hate bankers and politicians. The sort who, as mentioned elsewhere, might sympathise with a Russell Brand type rant. This is a core of people who could be put off by too slick of a pitch-man, and might think Bitcoin is just another banker's toy.

I agree Andreas is freaking great though.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
techniquev3

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

Just some new clothes and he is good to go  Grin
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 07:02:35 PM

Andrea Antonopolous.

Is he British? Doesn't sound it to my ears... but excuse my ignorance if he is. Being actually located in Britain and available for in-person short notice interviews is probably another bonus too.

I like Amir's outlook. It appeals to a demographic of everyday low income people who hate bankers and politicians. The sort who, as mentioned elsewhere, might sympathise with a Russell Brand type rant. This is a core of people who could be put off by too slick of a pitch-man, and might think Bitcoin is just another banker's toy.

I agree Andreas is freaking great though.

Not sure Andreas citizenship, he's pretty global, and travels the world quite a bit.

He did attend the UCL which is in London, and runs a business there.

The Joe Rogan podcast with Andreas is how you talk to the lowest common denominator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cexawnOlR8

Just the way he breaks down everything in layman terms, succinctly, and clearly is perfect.

Pretty much all his videos are awesome, and the best representation of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency:

http://antonopoulos.com/

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1568

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

Andrea Antonopolous.

He eats shit + people for breakfast?

Antonopolous is ok but I'm sick and tired of hearing his fan boys go on and on about him. There are other people in the bitcoin world who are quite articulate. Like gmaxwell.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

Short answer:  YES!

Andrea Antonopolous.

He eats shit + people for breakfast?

Antonopolous is ok but I'm sick and tired of hearing his fan boys go on and on about him. There are other people in the bitcoin world who are quite articulate. Like gmaxwell.

I'm sure there are others as articulate or better in the community.

I was only stating Andreas>Amir when it comes to Bitcoin evangelism and putting on a good face.  That is pretty much fact, no?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄