Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How it works?  (Read 479 times)
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:05:06 PM

Seeing how many projects that conduct ICO are listed in Exchange at lower prices than it was stated during the ICO, investors continue to invest in projects.
Why are they still doing this?
I'm not talking about scammers...
Sorry for my English.

It is simple because they all just want to make money out of it. People are just in because of money, and I hope that people will change their minds and will start to embrace the technology behind Blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 147

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:13:49 PM

Early investors buy tokens at a price much lower than during the ICO. For that reason they can afford dropping coin's rate below the ICO level. Nevertheless, now the reason for that fall is the general depression on the market.
Correct. Some ICOs even give 100% bonus for pre-sale investors. Those who got in earliest might just sell the coin they got as bonus and save some coin if they see some future in the project. They can also sell all the coins and buy back in once the price reach a certain low; either way, its a win-win for them.

makakadu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:19:48 PM

Yes, this is very strange, but if no one buys tokens during ISO, then the project will not be able to develop. And prices during ICO and after are very different, although the market seems to be stable, or not?
dpa85

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:29:38 PM

Seeing how many projects that conduct ICO are listed in Exchange at lower prices than it was stated during the ICO, investors continue to invest in projects.
Sorry for my English.

Those because right now so many weakhand investors who sold cheap.
Also the bounty hunters (if the project have bounty), will sell the tokens at any price because they get them for free.
If the project is really good, you just have to wait token price rising.

I do not agree with you about bountyhanters! what do you get for free ?? many people use money to develop their accounts Grin
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:24:56 PM

they continue to invest despite its risk because of profit. there are ICOs that have potential and may give them profit. there are coins that will fall but there are also that will rise.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:32:09 PM

But I do not understand why they simply do not buy then tokens of the project they like on the exchange, because the probability that they will be cheaper than even the initial cost during the ICO is 90%.

Dumps are being done by weak hands, whales, P&D people, Manipulators, bounty and airdrop hunters and the investors itself because either they want to accumulate more coins or they got fudded oh forgot about those people who want some quick bucks, large dumps from the first months of a token when it hit exchanges are commonly from bounty and airdrop hunters but depends on their reward pools, presale and actual token sale have their own discounts and bonus that why they are investing and they can't continue with their ICO if there are no investors at all.

REYVAN

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:36:10 PM

if I think because of market demand, do not forget to calculate the ico price with the bonus received by the investor other than that allocation for bounty campaign, that's often the price of fall than ICO price.
Labay

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:36:53 PM

Sorry for my English.

It is about they get more profit even they success but the price was getting cheap, the developer get the money from investor.  Investor take a risk because some of the token get double price and they got some bonus coin from the project when they invest.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
Miha Kot

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:47:47 PM

Sorry for my English.

Well, they do it because not all projects can grow instantly. Lots and lots of time. And as for the sharp fall, it happens with the best projects. Investors are knocking down the price to buy more tokens.
m suheri99

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:57:15 PM

Initial investors buy tokens at prices much lower than when ICO. For that reason they are able to drop the coin level below the ICO level. Nevertheless, now the reason for the fall is the common depression in the market. The most important is the ICO fraud also degrading ICO's good reputation.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:00:30 PM

Well it is because the said project will still have an impact in the future. Maybe the project reached Hard Cap during their ICO. If the price is lower than the ICO price then it is because of market crash but still after sometime when bitcoin and other major altcoin recovers the one who invested will get high profit.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

Most investors are usually looking for quick profit anyway and since some of them usually apply at the early stages of the ICO, they tend to get at lower price than the final ICO price with a huge bonus as well. We should know normally that no investor will surely give up what they have invested in as long as they do not stand to gain anything. We should also add some bounty hunters to that equation who willingly dump at any value.

Some investors usually do not care as long as they are in it for the long term and see a lot of prospect in the project which makes it easy for them to buy more if it starts trading below ICO price. At the end, they stand to gain more anyway.
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:14:46 PM

Well it is because the said project will still have an impact in the future. Maybe the project reached Hard Cap during their ICO. If the price is lower than the ICO price then it is because of market crash but still after sometime when bitcoin and other major altcoin recovers the one who invested will get high profit.
Market crash is just one out of so many reasons Smiley). I think the main reason for this case is because of weak hands whom can't stand with red market Grin. Price of ICO token often dumped by bounty hunter and weak hand investor and I think after they don't with cutting their loss then everything will be fine and price of token will rise back if it has a good project behind Grin
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:14:54 PM

Good day! Try investing in private sales. Tokens or coins are much cheaper than pre-ico and ICO prices. By that you'll not worry too much on losses. And of course be careful in choosing legit ICOs. There are some with fake team members and promises of big gains and profits. Great projects don't show real potential on its first exchange listing. Some even takes years before they show their real value. If you're confident on the ICO you invested, even with this bearish market.. there's no need to worry. If in doubt.. Just sell for profit.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

Sorry for my English.

Because it's not always like this. Sometimes expectations meet the reality. And it's even natural that price drops as the coin is listed on exchanges. Almost always everyone who participated in bounties/airdrops sell off the coins as soon as possible, which affects the price. And in about 5% of situations coins may even grow in price and eventually cost more, than it was expected. So you can make profit with ICOs, but you have to choose them very carefully.
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:35:57 PM

low-value when entering into this Exchange is common. many investors who have experienced this but in the end when they stifled longer than the price will rise again could even exceed the ICO. therefore do not directly sell when the price is lower than the ICO because it is a disadvantage.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:41:52 PM

I think the main reason is their belief that some day the price will go up. I believe in that as well. I think the best strategy is holding you tokens for months and months because the market will definitely go up.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:46:12 PM

First to sell are the presale buyers. Most times this are done in close door no real transparency on how the sales went. So once listed they sell at any price . secondly are the airdrop or bounty hunters they also sell at any price if the project is good it will recover all of that.
FalconB

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:46:43 PM

very many projects are traded below the price of ICO because they gave big bonuses at the earliest stages
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:51:14 PM

Early investors buy tokens at a price much lower than during the ICO. For that reason they can afford dropping coin's rate below the ICO level. Nevertheless, now the reason for that fall is the general depression on the market.
Correct. Some ICOs even give 100% bonus for pre-sale investors. Those who got in earliest might just sell the coin they got as bonus and save some coin if they see some future in the project. They can also sell all the coins and buy back in once the price reach a certain low; either way, its a win-win for them.

yup, they drop coins to buy again cheaper, who payed the ico price should not follow them and sell low Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: