Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 5 phones destroyed in protest against Apple's anti-Bitcoin actions  (Read 9751 times)
roxtar

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:07:01 AM

FYI.. for those interested in the Apple video re-edit contest that rotalumis was gracious enough to refer to in his OP.. we're up to 2.14232475 BTC in the bounty/prize now.

Video submissions end Sunday night, so if you're good with video and have a clever idea, give the contest a shot this weekend.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x6cpd/think_different_about_bitcoin_contest_to_reedit/
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:50:33 PM

Things like this actually increase the cult status of bitcoin, and that actually drives a lot of new potential adopters away because it associates with pyramid/ponzi schemes. People usually act crazy when they are trapped in some pyramid while desperately trying to market their overpriced product.
Just stay calm, and don't try to act like bitcoin is the holy savior of the world.
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:01:39 PM

Once these protestors cool down, they will likely buy new iPhones.  Might as well just send Tim Cook a check...
Warren

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:52:01 PM

Blockchain is still available on jailbroken devices.
We could spam apple with pictures of blockchain running on a jailbroken device.
fuck them, seriously, bad call...
It's my device, I do what i want with it.

Just to make you aware that if you are living in the US that is no longer the case.

You now risk a 5-year jail sentence if you jailbreak your phone.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/01/the-most-ridiculous-law-of-2013-so-far-it-is-now-a-crime-to-unlock-your-smartphone/272552/

Where is the world heading!?  Huh
apulunas

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

never bought any apple product in my life, not to mention will never buy.
rramires

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:28:26 PM

I still want to go to USA urinate at the tomb of Steve Jobs
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:42:06 PM

I still want to go to USA urinate at the tomb of Steve Jobs

Holding on to pee is bad for your bladder. If you have to pee, just pee at home.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
AndersAA

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Just to make you aware that if you are living in the US that is no longer the case.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/01/the-most-ridiculous-law-of-2013-so-far-it-is-now-a-crime-to-unlock-your-smartphone/272552/

Where is the world heading!?  Huh

Very old article - AFAIK that is no longer the case.

http://www.splaws.com/Legal-Blog/2014/January/Its-Legal-to-Jailbreak-Your-iPhone-But-Not-Your-.aspx

But just in case... Thank God I'm not living in "the land of the free" - I wonder what'll happen when entering the country with my jailbroken phone next month though Tongue
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

As PSA I want to note that the mods do not like it if you make poop jokes around here.

Scamming, predatory socking, and incessant trolling seem to be okay though.

Carry on!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:25:40 PM

i have a jailbroken iphone 5 still on ios 6.0 from when it came out of the box.   I can still use blockchain.infos app, and if you have cydia you can get the official blockchain.info app through there.   My problem with the stupid iphone is that I can't update the firmware to the 7.0+.   I think my operating system is now so old that itunes doesn't even recognize that my phone is connected...
Jacko

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

i have a jailbroken iphone 5 still on ios 6.0 from when it came out of the box.   I can still use blockchain.infos app, and if you have cydia you can get the official blockchain.info app through there.   My problem with the stupid iphone is that I can't update the firmware to the 7.0+.   I think my operating system is now so old that itunes doesn't even recognize that my phone is connected...

Why don't you restore from a back up back to Apple. Update and then Jail Break the device again. Install Blockchain app and you are good to go.
Flunder707

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:14:17 PM

Anyone want to buy a 3GS? I got two Tongue
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:38:12 PM

Why don't you restore from a back up back to Apple. Update and then Jail Break the device again. Install Blockchain app and you are good to go.

I guess I could, but it takes too much time to figure out what the problem is.   I can't even get the itunes to recognize that my phone is connected to it...  To be honest, the next firmware upgrade I will have will probably be when the next phone comes out...lol
AndersAA

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:49:15 PM

I guess I could, but it takes too much time to figure out what the problem is.   I can't even get the itunes to recognize that my phone is connected to it...  To be honest, the next firmware upgrade I will have will probably be when the next phone comes out...lol

Actually sounds like you have a faulty cable or dock connector that'll only let you charge it. Tried another cable?
topcydiasources

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:59:42 PM

You now risk a 5-year jail sentence if you jailbreak your phone with cydia.

Where is the world heading!?  Huh

I thought it only happened to some countries?
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 07:44:28 PM

Where is the world heading!?  Huh

In the United States the greatest threat to freedom does not come from the US Government 3 letter agencies, it comes from the private sector. The MPAA is a much greater threat to freedom than the NSA, the NFL is a much greater threat to freedom than the CIA, The RIAA is a much greater threat to freedom than the FBI, etc. Once Americans figure this out, they will no longer tolerate these kind of laws and try to impose them on the rest of the world. Libertarians get this dead wrong!

Ever heard of the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword". This saying is from the 19th century that is very applicable today; however the pen today has been replaced by the computer, the smart phone, the tablet etc, while the sword has been replaced by the gun, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons etc.

So why is for example the MPAA such a threat. In their obsession with attempting to prevent "copyright infringement" they are actively taking away control of the pen away from citizens with DRM. patent monopolies, anti-circumvention laws etc. The DMCA was a perfect example. The failed attempt at SOPA was another. In addition the United States is actively exporting this kind of repression via trade agreements around the world at the behest of the MPAA and its tyrannical allies. One of the reasons for using trade agreements is to get around the checks and balances in the US Congress. That is for example how the DMCA got passed in the first place.

If Americans really want to use their guns to preserve freedom they need to take all their DRM infected devices to the firing range and use them for target practice. There is no law in the United States against shooting a locked cell phone to smithereens in the firing range and buying an unlocked one instead.

This has to be one of the best application of firearms in the preservation of freedom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuQZTAJ2KLk

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: