Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:37:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked wallet  (Read 2422 times)
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:21:35 PM

Nowadays people complain about their account being hacked
We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Your submissions will be welcome
Cheers!
Bookmark correct link, don't click links in email before checking them, if you use google to find wallet always check if link is correct, run antivirus often, don't click adds, don't share private key and don't use programs for screenshots to take screenshot of private key because someone might find it.
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

Yeah most of the people are being hacked because they are not alert by their surroundings first of all if you using online wallet you need to bookmark the real website to avoid being phished and mostly people are neglect this thing so most of them end up on a phishing website. and they got their account hacked.
arthurgrand

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:23:35 PM

In my opinion, for the safest way to secure your tokens you will need it get a hardware wallet like ledger S. It's the safest means I know.
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:25:11 PM

Most time, when people complain about their wallet been hacked, you will realize that it has nothing to do with hackers or  a breach of security of different platform, most time is as a result of carelessness of the users or total ignorant on how to operate and use wallet!

idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:28:56 PM

I would recommend you to have a hardware wallet on your computer to protect your funds from hacking
nioctiB#1

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:34:28 PM

We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Cheers!
There are already lots of guides on how to protect your cryptocurrency or wallets here and outside this forum. If you only know how to use that search bar. Most people that are being hacked are those who dont have enough knowledge on how to protect their wallets are the most common victims. One example of this are those people who dont care what links or websites they are visiting they are getting phished and hackers gaining access to their files on their devices which most people store their private keys. Also remember that even you have a good antivirus it wont save you from all attacks.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:39:04 PM

Of course the most reliable hardware wallets.  If you have to use Erc 20 tokens, I advise you to use it instead of MEW -MyCrypto, it also has a desktop  version. And as noted above, do not store your passwords in cloud storage. Private keys and passwords copy to multiple media and store in different places.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:50:31 PM

There are so many great sources via which you can learn how to secure your funds. The optimal solution right now would of course be a hardware wallet but I understand not everyone can afford it, so the second safest bet would be creating paper wallets. Google it, its worth it.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 01:51:49 PM

Cheers!
I see that many bitcointalk accounts were hacked so I still can´t believe that there is so much risk on the internet.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

for preventing your wallet from been hacked, we all know the idea of avoiding a phishing link but then the idea of a phishing link seems to be the regulars and hackers have advanced, so, i will advice that one should always scramble his or her ethereum private key after creating one and always save it offline.
tillerthekiller

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:27:22 PM

Offline is the best if you don't plan on trading in the near future. The caveat is you can quickly dwindle your funds by sending them back and forth from a hardware wallet but that is the cost of safety. DON'T leave them on an exchange.
bitcok

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:37:04 PM

according to the experience I have experienced that our PC has conceded mallware who can read all our data, how to reinstall the pc and for more secure you use TREZOR or POWERLEDGER
konflikkastil

Activity: 880

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 03:43:57 PM

to keep MEW secure we must keep the private key well and never click any site you receive in email because most of the emails we receive are phishing so stay careful with it all

izay

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:44:59 PM

Everything on computer world society are prone to get hacked. We better be safe and store those private keys and important matters on safer place. Always check the website we are entering, everything should be safe and never store private matters online.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:56:26 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 04:22:05 PM by kostepanych2

I think offline MEW is very safe...
You can buy a cheap laptop and use it always offline to generate transactions with MEW. Use your private keys only on that offline laptop.
Then copy-paste that generated transactions to the online PC and use it to send your ETH or tokens.
Since your PKs are always offline they can't be stolen...
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:58:15 PM

Cheers!
Ever since I've been using hardware wallet like ledger Nano, I'm feeling comfortable using this because of their security features and easy to use, there are some methods also that give good security on your coins but it depends on your choice and eases to use.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:59:18 PM

I suggest you buy a hardware wallet because the security of the hardware wallet is very high.
Then you can resist most hacking attacks.
Cheers! Grin
Yes, hardware wallet will solve your security issue and secure our assets, but I heard that it's still have a chance get hacked( change your destination address when you press the confirm button, need to double verify address is correct), most important is always make sure your computer is clean and won't infected virus

KenyonCarter

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:02:00 PM

Cheers!
I prefer you to have to use these wallets. Because it's have a huge community and it is the powerful security to secure the coins for the hackers.
minhdang2212

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:02:20 PM

If you define hold long, you should use a cold wallet like Trezor or Ledger. Or you can use an addon like Metamask to restrict the use of web wallet.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:03:15 PM

Any electronic wallet can be hacked, the main thing is that the scammers had a desire. And no protection, be it a complicated password, two-factor authentication or anything from this series, will not help keep your assets in your wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: