Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked wallet  (Read 2422 times)
magpie_lover

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:04:42 PM

Well, for starters - Don't expose your private keys to unknown websites, don't trust anyone who asks for your private key, they are 100% scammers. In case you prefer accessing your wallet with your private key on websites like MyEtherwallet, MyCrypto triple check the domain address on the browser and make sure it has the secure lock icon and the organization name in the address field. E.g MyEtherWallet LLC.

Use the Metamask Browser Extension, it prevents you from accessing Phishing websites that have been added to their spam lists.

Consider buying a hardware wallet (cold wallet), especially if you have large funds in your account.

Lastly, don't be an Ian Balina - don't save your Private key in some email draft, apps like Evernote or cloud.

That's all!
alshulk
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:09:48 PM

The most reliable wallet is paper and hardware. To protect yourself, store private keys and passwords on different media. Does not trust anyone, many hackers and deceivers, communicate in various chat rooms and look for a trusting victim and are rubbed into trust.

|||  EverLife.AI  ||| 
  |||  Preserve your Legacy on the BlockChain  ||| 
  |||  Your Immutable AI Avatar on the Blockchain that preserves your legacy  ||| 

●  Facebook  ●  Twitter ●  Telegram  ●  ANN  ●
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:11:20 PM

Nowadays people complain about their account being hacked
We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Your submissions will be welcome
Cheers!
use phone number verification for account password and Authenticator, these two security keys are safe enough to use

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:13:59 PM

hacked wallet is the compromised wallet that has been porous enough to have different people from different locations at any point in time. when a wallet is hacked, it is compromised and can be termed useless and not relevant.

Bonus777

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

In fact, everything is quite simple. You need to correctly store all your private keys and passwords from your wallet. Do not go through unfamiliar links, so as not to get to the phishing site. And be carefully attentive.

riwatmoni

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

if I think most people are being hacked because they are not vigilant with their environment first of all if we're going to use the online wallet we need to bookmark the actual website to avoid phishing and most people ignore this so most of them ends on a phishing site. and their account was hacked.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:17:39 PM

If you are willing to spend some money,hardware wallet is the best security to prevent from hack.There're simple method if you are not into hardware wallet,don't log in public wifi,never register your wallet password into another website and avoid some shady looking site.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:18:30 PM

We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Cheers!

That is really upto the owner of wallet. If wallets are getting hacked then its all because of the owner careless attitude towards the safeguarding his private keys and keystone files if any. To be frank crypto wallets are hard to hack and they can only be accessed with the private keys only. There is no other way to get in and thus mostly it is not a real hack but a phishing attempt in which hackers create look-alike websites and put the webpages in front of user. They think that they are on the original website only and then they put their info on the page which is nothing but phishing.
To avoid such attempts one must take care that they are on the legit site and not copied one.
commander11

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

There are many guides on the forum already regarding the best wallets and how to securely store your coins - I suggest using the search function.

Also have a read of this stickied post in the Beginners & Help forum: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?

Thank you for pointing this (directory link) out. I really need this one since I got hijack by a type of popping malware in my TAB. Lesson has been learned in  a hard way. Now I used incognito when entering myetherwallet website.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:21:39 PM

I feel that the main factor to secure your wallets and not to be scammed or hacked is to be very careful.  Never reveal your private keys to other people, airdrop and always double check on website address to prevent phishing.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:24:05 PM

If you have hacked the wallet think about how to secure a new one.Now, a new hardware crypto. And its creators claim that it can not be hacked.It differs from its predecessors in that it has a built-in CPU that creates a private key only for a fraction of a second.After the transaction is completed, this key is not stored on the device and ceases to exist.You can access the wallet if you use a phrase created by the end user.Even if the device is in the hands of criminals to get the key will be impossible.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:27:44 PM

nowadays a lot of people who experience hacking wallets maybe because they are not careful in maintaining their password or private key and my suggestion is do not always join the airdrop that has no clear background because they usually use phishing sites so be careful before joining airdrop
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:31:56 PM

this is a many times i see thread like this.
got a hack,got a phised,PK got stolen and many more.
well
just fkcing safe play btw.
i mean
never install undifinied program or app on your smartphone
whatever that,
or
just like me,
i used laptop for do some job on crypto , then PC or android for surfing internet.
it's work for me.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
thrylos

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:34:48 PM

As long as you bookmark the address and not always opening your account online your wallet is totally safe.
ankit05

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:00:05 PM

Trezor/Ledger Nano wallet is secur wallet for store ETH, BTC and all the ETH base token that are in the ICO. Both's the security of the hardware wallet is very high. and I'm purchase wallet because they are more safe than web wallet. So you can purchase for store coin.
VuLDK

Activity: 284
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:10:08 PM

Cheers!
Now , i see a lot of you complaining about being hacked , actually this is your fault. Because you' ve exposed privatekey to third parties , hackers can hack into your wallet and take all your money. Protect yourself by never providing private key to others , without taking private key on the internet. Privatekey is only you , not sharing for anyone. Let's keep it in a safe place without anyone knowing it's written , encryption data.
cryptocanley

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:39:55 PM

This is now a hot issue in the market. I propose you purchase an equipment wallet on the grounds that the security of the equipment wallet is high. At that point you can oppose most hacking attacks. In the event that you utilizing mew you would do well to get equipment wallet like record nanos or utilize metamask for the safe. Moreover you should be careful about your password.
miraxgr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

There is simply no better solution at the moment than using hardware wallets to store cryptocurrencies. At the end of 2017, I became a victim of hackers who hacked myetherwallet wallet and stole all the coins. My main mistake was that I did not protect my account. Metamask not used not used hardware wallets, though knew about them. Now, I am going to take the issue of security much more seriously. A tip for all beginners, buy a hardware wallet, and all you will be well!
baonguyen

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:23:57 AM

Install Cryptonite by MetaCert add-on to keep you safe from phishing scams.
Alway check domain : myetherwallet because many scam website here with the same name
TravelMug

Activity: 2646
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:29:37 AM

Cheers!

If we will just used our common sense, I think most likely we will not be hacked. The tips are already here in the forum and there are no so called experts here because there's no secret on how to protect our account. Just look at how many advises already and most of them really know to protect their account. Its that people really tend not to listen and not to used their common sense. So  I guess its really up to you on how you are going to secured your online account.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x