Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked wallet  (Read 2422 times)
AizawaRina
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:39:27 AM

i think there noway from hacked. just use 1 pc or laptop  to log in the account. this is the best way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:41:50 AM

I'm not an expert about this but have small tip for you, we just use a hardware to store your wallet then it will safe, no one can hack this
That wallet could get attacked without that much effort. It is not better to have a hardware wallet over a regular downloaded wallet.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:42:04 AM

It's not hard to buy a hardware wallet.
I prefer Ledger Nano it is cheap and very easy to use. And you will never get hacked.
Ledger Nano+Mycrypto is very good all ERC20 tokens are supported

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Dianaarrah

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:06:01 AM

You should be encrypting your wallet or adding a passphrase the you should be fine. Getting hacked is most likely you are downloading a malicious file or visiting a website that can hacked your web history.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

Nowadays people complain about their account being hacked
We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Your submissions will be welcome
Cheers!
don't keep soft copy of your private key, if any hacker have access to your email and gadget your private key will be at risk of being stolen so far your private key is leak to hacker.
makeitweird

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

Hardware wallets are a must, 2FA everything you can but not through SMS.  Use an authenticator.  Also don't save any private keys online
fina13

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 05:19:29 PM

if you use myetherwallet, imtoken, etc. you have to keep privatekey well. and if you will import the wallet in MEW, make sure it's not a phishing web. to be safer you should use hardwallet.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Navneet1120

Activity: 233

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:24:18 PM

Hardware wallet is best .I think people should buy this only.
KenyonCarter

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:28:36 PM

We need experts here to give us some tips on how a wallet can be secured from being hacked
Cheers!
if you hold the coins and to secure the tokens and the private keys. I suggest you to have used the MEW and the trezor wallets.These wallets easy to use and to secure the coins/tokens/keys for the long term.
MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:30:57 PM

if you use myetherwallet, imtoken, etc. you have to keep privatekey well. and if you will import the wallet in MEW, make sure it's not a phishing web. to be safer you should use hardwallet.
If you really have more money, I suggest you can buy a nano-s wallet which is clearly clear, it's safe swallow or it's also a good treozor to store your tokens.
wanted sliter

Activity: 398
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:38:17 PM

Cheers!
it's nearly impossible to hack a hard wallet, I think
online wallet on the other hand, hard to hack but when we online, lots of information have been leak out, and they use that to access the wallet. Sad(

█▐█ ██   100xCoin   ██ █▌█     {  On Our Way to $1B Market Cap & Beyond  }
⦁  Whitepaper  ⦁    Telegram    ⦁      Twitter      ⦁     Medium     ⦁      Reddit      ⦁
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hadarula

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:39:55 PM

Cheers!
i am sorry tomhear that your wallet has been hacked and i can not advice you anuthing as i have never been in such situation before

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Hadarula

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:40:50 PM

Cheers!
it's nearly impossible to hack a hard wallet, I think
online wallet on the other hand, hard to hack but when we online, lots of information have been leak out, and they use that to access the wallet. Sad(

well of course i hope that it is impossible but still we have the word nearly here and that is why i am still a little bit afraid

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:46:07 PM

Nowadays there are lots of wallets that we can use to store Tokens, Coin, even save our money. In this condition we should don't use a wallet that does not have a clear source. Because everyone can create a wallet. Also, do not use your private key to import accounts in exchange that are sharing arbitrarily, such as those share in the telegram group.
BitPACK

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:55:25 PM

first of all you should use mac for this kind of jobs. better then windows for security.
secondly you should keep your precious coins in cold wallet like ledger or something else.
and most important rule is never click the download button Smiley
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:57:45 PM

wallet really becomes a very high risk if we can't take care of it properly, my advice don't ever tell anyone about your private key, and most importantly don't get phishing sites, you have to be very careful if you want to copy paste your private key in certain exchanges

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:01:08 PM

It's the best way to buy a hardware wallet.
Because most people don't have the expertise, buying a hardware wallet is the best option most of the time.

Gaining expertise on any exposed technology can be achieved in a very short period of time (mostly).  And though a hardware wallet seems to be the most effective means of keeping your crypto assets free from hacking and theft, the cost of such hardware can really be costly depending on your intended purposes.

And of course access to this hardware wallets must finally be made only in secure network channels.
restuibu

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:18:18 PM

I'm very concerned about those who have been hacked and here i'm only suggesting for everyone to be careful in clicking on any site especially what we receive in e-mail because hackers often send us phishing links via e-mail and save your private key to a safe place

ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 06:18:31 PM

You can protect yourself!  You need to follow simple rules! The first thing you need to go to the wallet on the saved link.  Do not move in a purse with any of the sites. Store the key in a remote location.  On a flash drive with no access to Wi-Fi.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:55:05 PM

wallet really becomes a very high risk if we can't take care of it properly, my advice don't ever tell anyone about your private key, and most importantly don't get phishing sites, you have to be very careful if you want to copy paste your private key in certain exchanges

It is really risky having our crypto assets on an exchange, but this is the most convenient (and free means of storage of course), thus, exercising much caution is a necessity to take out certain security issues such as being phised.

Bookmarks are a great tool. Never under estimate the power of bookmarks. A lot of people has been saved many a times from phishing websites by these nifty bookmarks.

And don't forget to enable 2FA should the exchange be offering them. This is among the most effective means of making sure that no one else can log into your account except you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: