Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO?  (Read 2400 times)
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:31:40 AM

I'm risking not more than $1000 because i know most of upcoming ico will be traded below ico price until the market will recover.

Yes I am just lying that also, I have saved much more than $1,000 to invest, but I am still holding them in order to wait a better time for that. Right now the time is not the best for going into ICO.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreddySelvig

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:42:19 AM

Now I prefer to buy coins after entering the exchange. Usually it goes cheaper than buying on the ICO. But if there are good projects, then I invest 1-2 ETH. I keep the part for later if the price falls
aldrin6697

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 12:46:42 PM

I only invest money i can afford to lose. Always have extra money for yourself and never invest all that you have. Crypto is not as stable as dollar so you must better keep some money to be safe in the end of the day you cant control the price.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:24:39 PM

I think an average investor will put 1000$. In my case, I have not experienced investing in an ICO. But if I were to invest considering that I really trust the project and the team. Then I will put 1000-5000$ worth of investment. Smiley
AlanMilano

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:34:19 PM

I participated in 4 ICOs since January until now. The total amount I have invested is 5 ETH and 0.6 BTC.
Only one ICO is giving me a profit x3. The remaining three projects have not yet been transacted, but are still well-developed.
ICO investment is like a flag you, the win must rely heavily on personal experience and your own judgment. And, in theory, you can invest all your free time in many different ICOs.
ICO for good profit!
okaypool

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:50:32 PM

I consider myself an average investor, and I invest in almost always within 700-1000 $. It seems to me that this is exactly the amount from which you can make good money, and losing it is not so terrible as correspondingly larger amounts.
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

The amount i invest into ICO is not always fixed. What i do  most times is that, if i have any money to invest into ICOs of invest, i always divide the investments among the ICOs. I do not put my egg in one basket. For instance, if i have $200 with me, i would divide into 4 different parts and invest into 4 ICOs.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:13:21 PM

I usually invest a small amount from 100 to 200 dollars, if a popular project such as eos I can and 500 dollars.

ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 04:15:52 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

I invested on some ICOs this year, for example invest about 1.3 ETH on quark and it reached 18x after ICO and i sold out on 15.5x also i invested on phantasma and other ICOs. all of my investment reach about 10ETH in current year.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:16:42 PM

The minimum investment for me n an ICO that I consider to be a quality ICO would be $1000! I can invest more depending on the performance of such ICO in meeting their deadline and creating a viable business model that can sustain and bring profit for such ICO in the future!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
iancortis

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:30:03 PM

like pro said, invest what you can afford to lose. so in the meantime it needs just like 100$ to know and to learn how market is going on. read and look for the coin that has a strong potential in the coming years. because you've learn something for trading you can start scalping for your observation purposes.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:46:15 PM

I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
The normal investment is 1 ethereum,and for the simple living people this is a big money.

And what about the data of investors?is this something to do with your daily living?because your being specific in the sense that seems like your affected about the investments
Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:51:00 PM

Well so far I invest around $300 for an ICO and also it really depends on its performance.If the ICO has a good performance I can invest more but like other people said that it is still risky thd reason why you must only invest what you can afford to lose.
Victorik

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:53:37 PM

I currently just little in ICOs after what some ICOs did to me in 2017, some just did exit scam while others turned shit coins after the start of the bearish market.

k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

My usual investment in Ico is about 0.5 - 1 Etherium ,sometimes there is a limit of minimum amount ,so I have to send sometimes 1 etherium or more.
But before investing my money I do a strict research of the project and its team,I dont wanna get scammed.
freaker

Activity: 144
Merit: 12

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:00:19 PM

I really want to invest in ICO and nearly every ICO is very tempting to invest as the product and its description looks very good but the only fear that stops me from doing so is the fear of getting scammed by the company. These many good projects run away with the funds of there investors and such news has created a situation of panic among newbies who want to invest in ICO's. But if there is very attracting project then I will surely invest small amount of money in the project.

alinerusinova

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:12:46 PM

When I make a decision how much I should invest in project I don't look on project's capitalization. It doesn't matter for me Smiley The biggest one was 3 eth once, but I prefer to invest 1.5 eth in average. If coin makes x2 additional 1.5 eth for me is enough Smiley
youngmobi

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:22:51 PM

There is no exact amount for you to invest with yhe choice is yours you can invest like 50$ -100$ depends on you because is just a risk game you might lose or gain.
duonghi99c88

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:55:14 PM

I don't think investing on an ICO is a wise thing as of the moment. Most ICO are failing and not giving back to the Investors what is as promised to them. ICO is risky and the potential for losing money is high. I would suggest you to just spend fund to a worthy kind project. Do a lot of reading before giving in. As for me, I cannot afford to lose money on an ICO so I no longer join one but instead buy a coin that is already introduced on exchanges.
Username741

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

Risky business to invest big amount of money in ICO, especially in ICO that you don't sure about, at least 90% sure. 1000$ is fine amount of money

⚫Darb   /   World’s first blockchainasset platform for everyone
https://darbfinance.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: