Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:59:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN CRASHING  (Read 6658 times)
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:19:38 PM

I and a bunch of other smart folks had our orders in place, and were pleased to see a notification that we got yet another cheap coin :-)

For Coinbase users - http://coinbaseorders.com/

I'd love to use that site, but I don't trust it Sad

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:30:51 PM

Proudhon was right. News are terrible!

President Pussyn is now negotiating new anti-bitcoin law with the leaders of G8.
After new law comes into effect worldwide, bitcoin price will drop to -$1000 (minus one thousand US dollars).

That means that everyone who owns even a single bitcoin will have to pay bitcoin ownership tax of $1000 per one BTC.

Non-compliance will be punished by imprisonment up to 10 years.

I've just flushed all the bitcoins into DOGE
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

Game is over, it's time to go home.

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
BitcoinAshley (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:15:59 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 06:30:15 PM by BitcoinAshley

Proudhon was right. News are terrible!

President Pussyn is now negotiating new anti-bitcoin law with the leaders of G8.
After new law comes into effect worldwide, bitcoin price will drop to -$1000 (minus one thousand US dollars).

That means that everyone who owns even a single bitcoin will have to pay bitcoin ownership tax of $1000 per one BTC.

Non-compliance will be punished by imprisonment up to 10 years.

I've just flushed all the bitcoins into DOGE

I can confirm this news and I agree with your investing strategy. Only a fool would continue to HODL a cryptocurrency that has a 10000000RUR tax per coin.
BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:17:17 PM

UPDATE: Bitcoin still crashing. The next leg down will happen when Gox announces it's shutting down for good and not returning any fiat or BTC, and when the news about Russia/China/Indonesia/etc complete bitcoin bans finally sinks in.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:20:44 PM

I can confirm this news and I agree with your investing strategy. Only a fool would continue to HODL a cryptocurrency that has a $1000 tax per coin.

Just one problem, in Russia taxes r paid in rubles. Edit ur post Wink
BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:30:34 PM

I can confirm this news and I agree with your investing strategy. Only a fool would continue to HODL a cryptocurrency that has a $1000 tax per coin.

I'm not sure of the exchange rate so I guessed. Was I close?
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

Yeah that's right, all you retarded HODLers thought Proudhon was trolling, well he wasn't, and all that confirmed bad newses is coming back to bite y'all in the butt!! How does it feel? How does it feel? $350 coins in a week, sell now and double your BTC, only fools don't take advantage of such an easy trade!
Speculate away, bagholders  Grin Grin Grin

EDIT $712 at stamp, we'll touch the $600s within 24hours, mark my words. =D

If Bitcoin went to $1, you'd be pushing the same crap (or, rather .. a shopping cart).

As long as there are people like you propping up the price of Bitcoin, I'm happy to have converted to hard assets when I did.  When the fanboyism dies down and people address the real problems Bitcoin faces, I'll buy back in.  Thanks for buying my coins, Ashley.

Haha, what? I sold some last week, as stated in other posts. And I haven't bought any in months. Nice job making a fool of yourself, though, failtroll  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This coming from the woman who created this silly troll thread .. the attention span of gerbils, some of you ..
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

No, I was correct. We are talking about international regulation among G8 countries, not just Russia.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:06:20 PM

No, I was correct. We are talking about international regulation among G8 countries, not just Russia.

Then it's Ok. I thought that it was a fake coz Russian doesn't charge taxes in dollars.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

Russia ban bitcoin, New breaking news,  http://www.coindesk.com/btce-pulls-support-ruble-russia-bans-bitcoin/

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

FYR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452894.msg4990618#msg4990618
Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:52:00 AM

Can someone tell me what triggered this sell off? I know people were speculating that there was some manipulation to keep prices constant.

If gox fails does it really matter anymore? Most exchanges don't even follow gox's prices anymore.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:55:11 AM

Can someone tell me what triggered this sell off? I know people were speculating that there was some manipulation to keep prices constant.

I witnessed a series of very large sell offs getting slammed into Bid wall on Stamp. Individual sell orders so large, that the whale executing them must have either been panicking, or deliberately trying to smash the market.

Included amongst them, was a single sell order in the region of 1700 BTC, that took Bitstamp down from $705 - $666.6666.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:13:54 AM

I witnessed a series of very large sell offs getting slammed into Bid wall on Stamp. Individual sell orders so large, that the whale executing them must have either been panicking, or deliberately trying to smash the market.

Included amongst them, was a single sell order in the region of 1700 BTC, that took Bitstamp down from $705 - $666.6666.

Funny, I saw exactly that going on stamp.

BitcoinAshley (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:20:27 AM

If gox fails does it really matter anymore? Most exchanges don't even follow gox's prices anymore.

The news was that Gox is imploding and Russia banned bitcoins.

(Unlike China, Russia actually did BAN them.)

But keep in mind. The idea of trading is to make money. So when whale daytraders, or any one trying to make money on swings, hears bad news... they tend to sell. Hopefully they sell before everyone else does. Smashing 1700BTC sell orders into the buy walls is a great way to make others panic and sell too. Then, at the bottom, trickle buys bring things back up and the people who bought and sold at the right spots make mad profits. Those who didn't time their orders right get fucked.

So, in a sense, the news did not cause the price crash. Obviously Gox is not particularly relevant since it's been a long time since it had 80% market share, lol. And the people who sold, were not necessarily selling because they all of a sudden decided "This news will have a HUGE effect on BTC, it is the end of BTC as we know it!" It was more like "Other people are probably going to sell on this news, so if I sell, I'll profit!" Others sold because they panicked. Still others sold because they wanted to cash out anyways and figured that price might go lower in the mid-term future so now was their best bet. There is no such thing as single cause->effect when it comes to market psychology. The same event might cause different people to sell for different reasons.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:23:30 AM

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:54:09 AM

Despite what various media sources are saying, Russia didn't actually ban them. They did ban the exchange for goods and services but Russian people are still allowed to invest in Bitcoin. I don't really see the difference between what Russia did and what China did to be honest.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:17:19 AM

Despite what various media sources are saying, Russia didn't actually ban them. They did ban the exchange for goods and services but Russian people are still allowed to invest in Bitcoin. I don't really see the difference between what Russia did and what China did to be honest.

Hey, no fair.

You're not allowed to use the truth to shit on someone else's parade.
geri

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 02:21:51 AM

I and a bunch of other smart folks had our orders in place, and were pleased to see a notification that we got yet another cheap coin :-)

For Coinbase users - http://coinbaseorders.com/

I'd love to use that site, but I don't trust it Sad

https://github.com/tomholub/coinbaseorders run it on your own hosting if you wish :-)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: