Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:27:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BOTTOM? list? the real bottomcaller  (Read 5152 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:22:42 PM

Okay, I'm game!

$6042.11 - USD 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deku

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:53:01 PM

My bottom guess, based on some totally arbitrary line drawing on https://bitcoinaverage.com/en/bitcoin-price/btc-to-usd in Log view, is $5134.
But I'm more interested to see when it'll reach it's next ATH again. It can take years like it did after 2013, or it can happen much faster. All I know is that many people are just waiting to jump the train, the instant it takes off. And there is of course the halving in 2 years (Bitcoin started to rise a few months after both previous halvings), and Lightning Network rolling out (hopefully soon).

I believe that loyceV is good on this one,so i will choose the bottom closer to her/him and thats $5138 looks bit higher lol.

As of the moment bitcoin is dropping again today with almost $1000 fall dont you think this is the start of hitting the bottom?Well its for us to find out
I want to get ready for the next bull run. Suppose the only good thing about being around the current price is that it’s stiol cheap enough to add to my hodlings.
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12040

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:39:41 PM

5264 LFC_Bitcoin

Still got a chance here

Yeah seems that way .....

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

^
Lets say i think we are all longterm hodlers and BTC believers So price doesn’t matter to much Where iT stands today , but we can all appriciate Some steady upward growing ......
Steady growth and reasonable fees without any insane market activities to drive the price to the moon, with FOMOs kicking in and the transaction fees skyrocketing is actually something very much appealing. I really do not care about the bottom or how low it is going to go, if there is need to buy at a much lower price, I will buy if I have the funds.

At least for the fact that for those who understand the benefit they stand to gain in the long run asides the price hitting peak overnight, they will end up being the ones to get those benefits and even get more. At the moment and like LoyceV stated though, I am expecting something within the range of $5150.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:07:24 PM

^
Lets say i think we are all longterm hodlers and BTC believers So price doesn’t matter to much Where iT stands today , but we can all appriciate Some steady upward growing ......
Steady growth and reasonable fees without any insane market activities to drive the price to the moon, with FOMOs kicking in and the transaction fees skyrocketing is actually something very much appealing. I really do not care about the bottom or how low it is going to go, if there is need to buy at a much lower price, I will buy if I have the funds.

At least for the fact that for those who understand the benefit they stand to gain in the long run asides the price hitting peak overnight, they will end up being the ones to get those benefits and even get more. At the moment and like LoyceV stated though, I am expecting something within the range of $5150.

Since you mentioned that you "will buy if I have the funds," does that mean that you have not already set aside some funds (presumably fiat) to buy BTC in the $5,150 range, assuming that prices were to go to that arena?    

Surely, if I was fairly confident that BTC prices were going to go to that arena, like you seem to be, then I would set aside some BTC buying funds (fiat) for such.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:57:16 PM

^
Thats true maybe Some longterm believers should sold Some @15-20k range cause price was parabolic @that time and to have Some fiat for buying a DIP When the time was there ..... but iT always easy to speak after such events
I also didn’t sold shit maybe a penny of my hodling stash.... but i always bought @low prices and played poker to increase most of my BTC’s and its been Going good So far .... i also didn’t saw Why i should sold @ the high prices cause i could still increase through other ways
But When selling higher prices and buying dips is the only chance of increasing then Thats what you can try to do..... ( never take advice of me i Just fell into BTC cause of luck and increasing BTC’s with other methods)

JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:26:54 AM

^
Thats true maybe Some longterm believers should sold Some @15-20k range cause price was parabolic @that time and to have Some fiat for buying a DIP When the time was there ..... but iT always easy to speak after such events
I also didn’t sold shit maybe a penny of my hodling stash.... but i always bought @low prices and played poker to increase most of my BTC’s and its been Going good So far .... i also didn’t saw Why i should sold @ the high prices cause i could still increase through other ways
But When selling higher prices and buying dips is the only chance of increasing then Thats what you can try to do..... ( never take advice of me i Just fell into BTC cause of luck and increasing BTC’s with other methods)

They will sell it at that price because it was very risky if they will hold their coins at that range since the price of bitcoins can bubble immediately after it increases for a very long time.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:25:46 AM

^

Even though, as an overall strategy, I recommend selling small amounts on the way up and using those proceeds to buy back, in my above post, I am making a different point, which is asking about whether naidray has a buying plan, especially if he believes that BTC prices are going DOWN to the $5,150 range.  Furthermore, as an additional point, I understand that there are a lot of folks who don't want to sell any of their BTC and they ONLY want to buy on dips.  I completely understand that kind of "don't wanna sell any" inclination. 

Accordingly, I have a bit of an assumption that a large number of folks have some kind of cashflow that allows them to pay for their regular expenses, such as lodging, food, transportation, entertainment, emergencies, so anyone who attempts to live within their means, can also attempt to create an additional cashflow that would allow them to buy BTC on a regular basis or to use the same cashflow (through saving up) to buy BTC during dips that they anticipate, just like naidray stated that s/he anticipates a $5,150 dip.

I also didn’t sold shit maybe a penny of my hodling stash.... but i always bought @low prices and played poker to increase most of my BTC’s and its been Going good So far ....

I am not saying that only buying on dips is a bad strategy, and surely I understand that people may have additional reasons (besides worrying about selling too much BTC) to NOT want to sell their BTC, especially while attempting to accumulate BTC, and one of those reasons could be the way that their specific jurisdiction (such as in the US of A) treats bitcoin like a commodity and capital gains.. .which causes lots of potential accounting complications.

i also didn’t saw Why i should sold @ the high prices cause i could still increase through other ways

Personally, I do believe that selling small amounts on the way up is a better practice, yet I am not going to argue so strenuously that such an asserted "better practice" means that any other guy (or perhaps gal) should come to the same conclusion(s) as me (even though I am going to continue to advocate that it is a solid strategy to attempt to prepare and insure your BTC portfolio for either price direction)....

Yet, I was not making such a sell on the way up point in response to naidray's post... Again, my emphasis was asking about what kind plan and/or preparation s/he was making to buy the anticipated $5,150 dip, if such were to really occur, as s/he was anticipating with so much confidence that s/he posted such price prediction, in this thread.

Surely, there are a variety of methods and strategies that guys (and gal) employ to increase their BTC holdings which also include blind luck, too.  And, it seems to m that any time you play with luck there are decent chances to become unlucky too.. so in that regard, it would rarely hurt to attempt to create and/or maintain a BTC accumulation plan and to attempt to learn from your mistakes or your luck (or lack thereof).

Also, isn't a part of the reason that guys (and gal) participate in BTC talk threads is to attempt to learn about the strategies of others, share their own strategies and perhaps even learn about their own strategies by attempting to engage with other BTC talk members?   

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:29:38 AM

^

They will sell it at that price because it was very risky if they will hold their coins at that range since the price of bitcoins can bubble immediately after it increases for a very long time.

Maybe after the fact we know what was a bubble or what was not a bubble, but we don't really know while it is occurring, just like now we don't know whether the "bottom is 'in' ".   Personally, it seems to me that we just have to attempt to find and to practice strategies that are best for ourselves and our own views, including our risk tolerance, financial situation, views on bitcoin, time line and other factors that are relevant to our consideration(s).

criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:23:02 AM

4027 jojo69
4190 STT
4197 Spaceman_Spiff_Original
4350 Vasilije69
4700 Robin,Hood
4850 ssmc2
4979 Dunkelheit667
4982 BillyBobZorton
4998 Last of the V8s
4999 Vin
5100 Nikola95
5134 LoyceV

$4925 is my guess. Due to the downtrend line for the past week, if it will not break the resistance at $6500 it will go down until 5k below until the end of the year.

How about my guess? Smiley

See you on new year

Hello micgoossens,

I just want to know why am I not in the list.  Grin

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16599

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:47:21 AM

Even though, as an overall strategy, I recommend selling small amounts on the way up and using those proceeds to buy back, in my above post, I am making a different point, which is asking about whether naidray has a buying plan, especially if he believes that BTC prices are going DOWN to the $5,150 range.  Furthermore, as an additional point, I understand that there are a lot of folks who don't want to sell any of their BTC and they ONLY want to buy on dips.  I completely understand that kind of "don't wanna sell any" inclination.
I've sold about 0.5 Bitcoin for 200-ish dollars a few years back (I still regret this, but I learned from it). Now I have a different approach: I sell a small bit every time Bitcoin goes up 18%. Since I started keeping track, my schedule shows (in euro) sales at 3k5, 4k2, 4k9, 5k8, 6k9, 8k1, 9k6, 11k3, 13k4 and 15k8.
Since I only sell small bits, and since the current price is still much higher than my early sales, I see no reason to buy back more. I made this schedule because I realized I'm terrible at timing the market.
Or, as I've said before: I'm not buying, I'm not selling, I'm just enjoying the ride. But I do enjoy the ride up more than the ride down Tongue

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:27:00 PM

Or, as I've said before: I'm not buying, I'm not selling, I'm just enjoying the ride. But I do enjoy the ride up more than the ride downTongue

this thing you wrote right there ...... is the exact same thing for me , there are some retarded liars saying yes we go down, BUT we all no everybody wants to go UP  Grin

El duderino_ (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:29:49 PM

Also, isn't a part of the reason that guys (and gal) participate in BTC talk threads is to attempt to learn about the strategies of others, share their own strategies and perhaps even learn about their own strategies by attempting to engage with other BTC talk members?   

for sure and i do read some guys posts with a little more attention for learning strategy's .... and when it comes to accumulating i do read your things with extra attention as well ......

BonyHob

Activity: 18
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:03:12 PM

for sure and i do read some guys posts with a little more attention for learning strategy's .... and when it comes to accumulating i do read your things with extra attention as well ......
I am going to try and ride the wave with daytrading. Althought when things are going bellyup like this, I have a history of losing. Oh well. Can't make butter without punching a few cows.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Even though, as an overall strategy, I recommend selling small amounts on the way up and using those proceeds to buy back, in my above post, I am making a different point, which is asking about whether naidray has a buying plan, especially if he believes that BTC prices are going DOWN to the $5,150 range.  Furthermore, as an additional point, I understand that there are a lot of folks who don't want to sell any of their BTC and they ONLY want to buy on dips.  I completely understand that kind of "don't wanna sell any" inclination.
I've sold about 0.5 Bitcoin for 200-ish dollars a few years back (I still regret this, but I learned from it). Now I have a different approach: I sell a small bit every time Bitcoin goes up 18%. Since I started keeping track, my schedule shows (in euro) sales at 3k5, 4k2, 4k9, 5k8, 6k9, 8k1, 9k6, 11k3, 13k4 and 15k8.
Since I only sell small bits, and since the current price is still much higher than my early sales, I see no reason to buy back more. I made this schedule because I realized I'm terrible at timing the market.
Or, as I've said before: I'm not buying, I'm not selling, I'm just enjoying the ride. But I do enjoy the ride up more than the ride down Tongue

I modeled my approach from rptiela's Sane and simple savings thread , and in sum he had suggested raking profits every 100% to 200% increments, but establishing a plan.  And, such plan for 100% price increases might be something like 10%.  I modified that to be more than 1% for every 10% price rise, and I figured that I could do more than 1% because I would be buying back on price falls - and he seemed to largely advocate completely removing profits from the table and either investing them somewhere else or enjoying the proceeds.  Surely no one can be opposed to those kinds of ideas, but it is also important to attempt to tailorize any approach to one's own financial circumstances, views on bitcoin, risk tolerance, timeline, etc.

By the way, even though rptiela surely had issues in 2013 when he posted those ideas, his personal circumstances seemed to have had devolved considerably subsequently.. 

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:13:34 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 02:39:00 PM by JayJuanGee

I am going to try and ride the wave with daytrading. Althought when things are going bellyup like this, I have a history of losing. Oh well. Can't make butter without punching a few cows.

Just start out really slow and with small amounts, BonyHob.  I have attempted to help a lot of folks with this in various bitcoin forums and also in real life, and I tend to find that a lot of peeps want to attempt to make profits right away.

Of course, you should attempt to tailorize your approach to your own situation, including your risk tolerance, your finances, your views about bitcoin and your timeline, yet I personally believe that a better strategy ends up attempting to stack orders on both ends so that you never run out of fiat if the price goes down and you never run out of bitcoins if the price goes up.  Once you have played around with it for a while to see how it plays out, then you can increase the amounts and attempt to play with it a bit more.  

I personally tend NOT to gamble too much of my bitcoins or my strategy because my ongoing goal is to attempt to take profits in bitcoin rather than fiat.. which means that I am trying to accumulate bitcoins.  Since I don't expect to live forever, and bitcoin seems likely to have some more upwards exponential price spurts I am sure that at some point, I will feel less inclination to accumulate bitcoin and more inclination to enjoy some of the fruits of my profits that seemed to have been enhanced by my ongoing strategies (and tweaking it around from time to time).

zazarb
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1548

Get loan in just five minutes goo.gl/8WMW6n

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 02:22:52 PM

Another prediction post, this time what's the bottom price? I will be consistent and I will stay with my old guess.
The price will be no less 5600$, because of strong support.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1703

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 02:23:08 PM

There is absolutly no reason to think the bears are gone now. All we have seen so far is the price bounce of lower highs again and again and again. And now Satoshi is moving his coins to exchanges... No this is going to crash down into the ground. 3800.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:01:08 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

I'm just enjoying the ride. But I do enjoy the ride up more than the ride down Tongue

the ride up is more enjoyable, but the ride down is more thrilling.

phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:54:19 PM

after few months weeks down and not closing in on the other game list prices .....  Undecided maybe time to create a bottom one

so who's actually a real BOTTOM caller Huh??
as followed its gonna be
who's closest by the BOTTOM  from NOW (today) till YEARS end ,so on newyear CET gonna get some newyears .125 BTC hopefully worth a lot on newyears eve  Grin

just post in this topic a BOTTOM price between today and 28/6    (NO prices after the comma only like 10560 and not like 10560,2 or so)
i will not make a clear list just every body that post a price got to look himself if the price is not already been taken before himself,
and end time of price posting is when the BELGIUM-ENGLAND game starts on 28/6 all posting of bottoms after this doesn't count

don't let the bottom be to low  Grin  Grin

some BOTTOM explanations in  this topic are allways welcome and the BOTTOM caller that wins has a nice BOTTOM talk about it gets 0.15 in place of 0.125

posts from accounts with less than 10 merit doesn't count as well otherwise to many newbie accounts pops up

good to go? good luck .....

$$dollar prices $$

In my own opinion the bottom price is undefined because people can always sell their coins depending on their emotions so it can drop so it can always drop so hard depending on the market situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: