Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Whoever said Atlas was probably one of those jackasses...  (Read 6404 times)
Anonymous

September 22, 2011, 08:00:59 PM

Whoever said Atlas was probably one of those jackasses that goes to Intro To Business Ethics class (or soon will) in an ill-fitting tacky suit and a red bowtie was probably spot on.

Eh, I tailor all of my own suits; so at the absolute least, it wouldn't be ill-fitting.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:07:10 PM

Not only are the paragon of business ingenuity, but you are a tailor as well. What's next, cobbling?
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:14:33 PM

Eh, I tailor all of my own suits; so at the absolute least, it wouldn't be ill-fitting.

That's pretty cool.  Got any pictures of your handiwork?
BlockHash

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:21:44 PM

That's pretty cool.  Got any pictures of your handiwork?

It's really not that notable of a skill. I guess I could have a "gallery" thread one day.

There is a vast untapped market here on these very forums for a tailor of considerable quality, specifically one who could make fine fursuits for discriminating fursonas.

You should look into this.
BlockHash

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:24:39 PM

Meh, if anybody near Austin would be interested in getting something tailored/altered/etc. for BTC, PM me.

Paging Rassah (Yiffy Jesus) to Atlas's furry tailoring service
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:40:44 PM

Atlas if you can prove you're a half decent tailor you might get an order for a furry bikini

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
BlockHash

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:52:51 PM

Yeah, I'll meditate a little while on filling furry and fetish related requests...

In other words, probably not.

But the Free Market demands this service be filled and it's not like you are going to be wearing them yourself or anything, unless you are into that sort of thing.

True Captains of Industry push forward into whatever niche they can fill, no matter where it takes them.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:57:29 PM

Yeah, I'll meditate a little while on filling furry and fetish related requests...

I thought you were a businessman. Christ, your only customers and you're too high and mighty to service them.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

This is just like logansriches all over again.  Undecided
deslok

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 08:58:41 PM

I thought you were a businessman. Christ, your only customers and you're too high and mighty to service them.

He's not even thinking about the information he'd have to be sent to make a bikini for someone!

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:08:13 PM

He's not even thinking about the information he'd have to be sent to make a bikini for someone!

Their measurements? I don't get it.
deslok

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:25:37 PM

Measurements work best if photos of the person to wear it are included for something like that
Edit: fixed typo

greyhawk

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:27:24 PM

Measurements work best is photos of the person to wear it are included for something like that

I prefer tactile feedback.
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 09:28:40 PM

Shit, the forums lockout ended already?  

Hey, Atlas, if you're going to respond to taunting from the SA thread, at least respond to something with substance.  How about the time you solicited funds for a free entry robotics competition and claimed to have been in the 50th percentile when you weren't even close?  You abandoned that thread as soon as you were proven to be a liar.
deslok

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:28:54 PM

Measurements work best is photos of the person to wear it are included for something like that

Sorry hawk you can look not touch, although for a few coins you can see everything and tell her what to do ;]

greyhawk

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:32:21 PM

Sorry hawk you can look not touch, although for a few coins you can see everything and tell her what to do ;]

That Russian guy has you beat on that front now.  Grin
deslok

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:34:00 PM

Only if you live in the local area Tongue i still get the rest of the globe

greyhawk

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 09:35:08 PM

Only if you live in the local area Tongue i still get the rest of the globe

That's not a problem at all. I can just fly over to London real quick.  Cool

Well, as soon as Lufthansa accepts Bitcoin that is.  Embarrassed
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 11:31:57 PM

I can't believe that I'm posting non-ironically to an Atlas thread, but here goes.

While being able to sew doesn't count as "tailoring", you've nonetheless been given a useful suggestion in this thread.  There really is a niche market which you could fill here.  It's way more realistic and achievable than some of your past proposals and you're dismissing it out of hand.

I think you should at least reconsider the idea of sewing costumes for people and I'm sure that the community would be willing to walk you through the steps involved in setting up a viable, part-time home business.  This is one particular field in which no-one is going to care about your age or your prior business experience provided that you can deliver the product to your customers as ordered and on time.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 11:57:35 PM

I can't believe that I'm posting non-ironically to an Atlas thread, but here goes.

While being able to sew doesn't count as "tailoring", you've nonetheless been given a useful suggestion in this thread.  There really is a niche market which you could fill here.  It's way more realistic and achievable than some of your past proposals and you're dismissing it out of hand.

I think you should at least reconsider the idea of sewing costumes for people and I'm sure that the community would be willing to walk you through the steps involved in setting up a viable, part-time home business.  This is one particular field in which no-one is going to care about your age or your prior business experience provided that you can deliver the product to your customers as ordered and on time.

Sorry, that idea sailed years ago. The crappy $300 costumes have long since been replaced by professionally manufactured $3,200 costumes. The level of artistic skill has skyrocketed, and amateurs have long since been left far far behind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: