Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Whoever said Atlas was probably one of those jackasses...  (Read 6404 times)
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 12:00:01 AM

I can't believe that I'm posting non-ironically to an Atlas thread, but here goes.

While being able to sew doesn't count as "tailoring", you've nonetheless been given a useful suggestion in this thread.  There really is a niche market which you could fill here.  It's way more realistic and achievable than some of your past proposals and you're dismissing it out of hand.

I think you should at least reconsider the idea of sewing costumes for people and I'm sure that the community would be willing to walk you through the steps involved in setting up a viable, part-time home business.  This is one particular field in which no-one is going to care about your age or your prior business experience provided that you can deliver the product to your customers as ordered and on time.

Sorry, that idea sailed years ago. The crappy $300 costumes have long since been replaced by professionally manufactured $3,200 costumes. The level of artistic skill has skyrocketed, and amateurs have long since been left far far behind.

Does the higher-quality costumes cause less or more fursecution?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 12:05:31 AM

I can't believe that I'm posting non-ironically to an Atlas thread, but here goes.

While being able to sew doesn't count as "tailoring", you've nonetheless been given a useful suggestion in this thread.  There really is a niche market which you could fill here.  It's way more realistic and achievable than some of your past proposals and you're dismissing it out of hand.

I think you should at least reconsider the idea of sewing costumes for people and I'm sure that the community would be willing to walk you through the steps involved in setting up a viable, part-time home business.  This is one particular field in which no-one is going to care about your age or your prior business experience provided that you can deliver the product to your customers as ordered and on time.

Sorry, that idea sailed years ago. The crappy $300 costumes have long since been replaced by professionally manufactured $3,200 costumes. The level of artistic skill has skyrocketed, and amateurs have long since been left far far behind.

Does the higher-quality costumes cause less or more fursecution?

I wouldn't know, as I stay away from them. Less maybe, because they don't creep me out AS much?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 12:11:03 AM

I wasn't thinking specifically of the furry market.  I was thinking more along the lines of people who want costumes for a single event or which they're only going to wear a couple of times.  I used to sew most of my children's clothes when they were younger and all of their costumes and there were times when I'd have been happy to pay someone else to make the costumes to save myself the time.  There's a market out there for costumes which don't need to be the same quality as those used for ballroom dancing and/or live theatre.  Atlas could tap that market if he's not overstating his ability   - chain store costumes are pretty unoriginal, low quality, and quite expensive for what they are.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 12:20:10 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of people who want costumes for a single event or which they're only going to wear a couple of times.  I used to sew most of my children's clothes when they were younger and all of their costumes and there were times when I'd have been happy to pay someone else to make the costumes to save myself the time.  There's a market out there for costumes which don't need to be the same quality as those used for ballroom dancing and/or live theatre.  Atlas could tap that market if he's not overstating his ability   - chain store costumes are pretty unoriginal, low quality, and quite expensive for what they are.

Actually, with Halloween coming up, hat would be an excellent idea!
Though my guess is that Atlas will be too busy working on Bitcoin related businesses instead.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 12:21:16 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of people who want costumes for a single event or which they're only going to wear a couple of times.  I used to sew most of my children's clothes when they were younger and all of their costumes and there were times when I'd have been happy to pay someone else to make the costumes to save myself the time.  There's a market out there for costumes which don't need to be the same quality as those used for ballroom dancing and/or live theatre.  Atlas could tap that market if he's not overstating his ability   - chain store costumes are pretty unoriginal, low quality, and quite expensive for what they are.

Actually, with Halloween coming up, hat would be an excellent idea!
Though my guess is that Atlas will be too busy working on Bitcoin related businesses instead.

If by 'businesses' you mean Team Fortress 2, or Deus Ex (seriously guys get Deus Ex), then yes
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 12:48:57 AM

Shit, the forums lockout ended already?  

Hey, Atlas, if you're going to respond to taunting from the SA thread, at least respond to something with substance.  How about the time you solicited funds for a free entry robotics competition and claimed to have been in the 50th percentile when you weren't even close?  You abandoned that thread as soon as you were proven to be a liar.

LOLOLOLOL at "fatlas" and that avatar!!

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 01:30:53 AM

I was in the hospital during that robotics thread. I really don't feel like bothering with it. I know for a goddamn fact that we placed very well in competition. When it came to the notebook and other things, hell no and with no remorse. Our team wasn't large enough those two years for that.

You know the website has easily accessible records of the previous years, right?  And you didn't claim you placed well.  You claimed that you always placed in a certain percentile, which you didn't, while soliciting money from forum members.

Regarding the hospital visit, I'm sorry to hear about that.  I hear removing your head from your ass is a costly and dangerous procedure.  You might want to go in for a followup, though.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:00:07 AM

I was in the hospital during that robotics thread. I really don't feel like bothering with it. I know for a goddamn fact that we placed very well in competition. When it came to the notebook and other things, hell no and with no remorse. Our team wasn't large enough those two years for that.

People actually looked up where your school had placed.  You mightn't feel like "bothering with it", but it's this kind of attitude which makes it hard to take your business ideas seriously.

Don't overstate your achievements and abilities.  Don't give yourself pretentious titles like founder or CEO.  When you make a mistake admit it, and people might start taking you and your proposed ventures seriously - but right now you're coming across as a junior version of Bruce Wagner.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:50:15 AM

More importantly, whose money. And whether they know.

Mine and all potential investors are about to be informed with a full business plan.

How much information did you give your grandmother before she "invested" that $50?
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:50:22 AM

Shit, the forums lockout ended already?  

Hey, Atlas, if you're going to respond to taunting from the SA thread, at least respond to something with substance.  How about the time you solicited funds for a free entry robotics competition and claimed to have been in the 50th percentile when you weren't even close?  You abandoned that thread as soon as you were proven to be a liar.

I love how your entire persona is based around trolling a single person. You know you're only inflating his ego right?
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:50:36 AM

I haven't made a goddamn mistake. I swear on my life that we placed well in actual competition. Otherwise, we scored poorly. I admit that with a smile. : ) See that? That's a fucking unremorseful smile.

I'll label myself however I damn please. Did I ask for your advice? No, I didn't.

Now get out of my face. Woolong Financial is a serious venture and you all better take it goddamn seriously. I've invested real money into this thing and I'll announce it when it's ready for showtime.

Now, you have an excellent evening. : ) Thanks for your challenge but you are unfortunately wrong.
Your Thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39108.0

Your quote:
Our school (Gateway College Prep) has participated in the Capitol BEST robotics competition for 3 years with me as the founding student and team captain. We've always been in top 50th percentile while beating our rival school but this time we want to aim directly for the top and the national competition.
The truth:
Out of 25 teams total

Overall - 23rd
Design Notebook - 24th
Spirit/Sportsmanship - 15th
Table Display/Interviews - did not participate
Head-to-Head - 19th
Website - did not participate
You didn't claim that you placed well.  You made specific claims about where you placed.  Now, assuming you're referring to 'head-to-head' when you say 'the actual competition', you placed 19 out of 25, which is the 24th percentile.

Now, I don't really care that much.  It's just really pathetic how you're tap dancing around the truth instead of just owning up to it when the facts are there for everyone to see.  The other dude was right, you're like Bruce Jr.  At least Bruce DID something, though.

I love how your entire persona is based around trolling a single person. You know you're only inflating his ego right?
My trolling has long since branched out beyond simply focusing on Atlas.  This was just the only account that wasn't banned back when I decided to start posting again.  For this account they just deleted my posts which sent me back to the newbie area, so I just had to make a few more posts to get out.  I also owned the TomWilliams 'Sorry Guys, I got hacked and all the bitcoins are gone' account along with a few others.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:54:13 AM

I heard 14th the last time I checked. If that's what the website says by all means, that's the truth. I accept it with a smile. : ) However, it has no provisioning over my and the value of our school's team. We produced a great robot and had a grand time. I stand by the request and retain full esteem.

Thank you guys for holding us accountable. Good show.
14th still isn't the 50th percentile...

Good luck running a financial empire with those math skills.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:54:53 AM

Woolong Financial is a serious venture and you all better take it goddamn seriously. I've invested real money into this thing and I'll announce it when it's ready for showtime.

Unfortunately, you have already announced it, and coupled with your previous string of poorly thought out business plans, no one will take it seriously, not even for a minute. Changing your screen name doesn't wipe out the embarrassing picture of yourself that you have painted for months and months now.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:55:25 AM

It's a goddamn shame you waste all your potential on your dumb conspiracy theories, poor grasp of economics, and related ventures that are far out of your grasp. If you set realistic goals and gave up this "always sure of yourself, even when you're wrong" thing and had a little humility and learned from your past mistakes, you could probably actually accomplish something with your life.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 02:59:27 AM

It's a goddamn shame you waste all your potential on your dumb conspiracy theories, poor grasp of economics, and related ventures that are far out of your grasp. If you set realistic goals and gave up this "always sure of yourself, even when you're wrong" thing and had a little humility and learned from your past mistakes, you could probably actually accomplish something with your life.
I am always goddamn sure of myself when I am wrong. I am happy to be wrong because I am one ounce less ignorant. I take it in pride. Go ahead, hang your head down and cry in shame when you are defeated if that what life is to you; mere suffering. I will retain my happiness and continue trying to achieve it to greater heights.

Humility is for suckers who need provisioning from the crowd. I already have the joy I need.

No, you see, this is what leads people to make the same mistakes over and over again.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 02:59:54 AM

I heard 14th the last time I checked. If that's what the website says by all means, that's the truth. I accept it with a smile. : ) However, it has no provisioning over my and the value of our school's team. We produced a great robot and had a grand time. I stand by the request and retain full esteem.

Thank you guys for holding us accountable. Good show.
14th still isn't the 50th percentile...

Good luck running a financial empire with those math skills.

Dude! Why the f are you wasting your financial, math, and research skills on this place?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:03:26 AM

I am always goddamn sure of myself when I am wrong. I am happy to be wrong because I am one ounce less ignorant. I take it in pride. Go ahead, hang your head down and cry in shame when you are defeated if that what life is to you; mere suffering. I will retain my happiness and continue trying to achieve it to greater heights.

Humility is for suckers who need provisioning from the crowd. I already have the joy I need.

So, whatever you did when you got suicidal helped then?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:04:05 AM

No, you see, this is what leads people to make the same mistakes over and over again.
That would be insanity. I have never been known to do the same shit twice. You would like to continue to see me fall though. You get so much pleasure from watching others suffer because you can't even derive pleasure from your own person. You rather destroy and embrace destruction. So, go ahead, live up my future failures if there are any but I won't be the only one losing in the end.

Misery loves company.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:05:10 AM

Dude! Why the f are you wasting your financial, math, and research skills on this place?
Eh, I've got 2 more hours or so worth of Calculus homework to do and I'm procrastinating.  Plus, I genuinely enjoy being a dick.
JeffK

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:06:05 AM

That would be insanity. I have never been known to do the same shit twice. You would like to continue to see me fall though. You get so much pleasure from watching others suffer because you can't even derive pleasure from your own person. You rather destroy and embrace destruction. So, go ahead, live up my future failures if there are any but I won't be the only one losing in the end.

No, I'd like to see you succeed, I just know the paths you keep taking are for the wrong reasons, and they cause you to fail, and that causes you to be depress. I've tried to break you out of your cycle. I know you want and need attention and support, this is how I've been giving it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: