Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PinkiePie Troll History  (Read 10720 times)
logansryche

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:11:09 AM

It's possible, but unlikely... look at that status though O.O

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:13:03 AM

and in iowa.

logan, maybe you should find this ebay pinkie...you guys could dress up like ponies and have quite the furry-romp.
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:14:02 AM

I will pay for Rassah's stuff.  Specifically that coffee table. 

I have a friend with a birthday coming up and I want to see his face when he unwraps that thing.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:14:33 AM

Rassah, when you've got some time, read up on the Kaycee Nicole troll.

This Wikipedia link provides a summary but it's not as fascinating as reading the Metafilter threads associated with it (you don't need to be a member to access them).  There were so many red flags associated with that particular sympathy troll that it should never have been able to be sustained for so long, but people ignored them because everyone knows somebody who has had some form of cancer.  No-one was willing to ask hard questions until after Kaycee's "death" and even then, those who questioned the story were attacked by the community because people can't conceive of others perpetrating such a big deception over such a long period.

I've seen similar hoaxes happen on other messageboards and they often follow a similar pattern - when they're revealed it turns out that no-one has actually met these people in real life, but because the people who've white-knighted them have often been high profile posters their often conflicting stories are accepted as true.  They rely on credibility through association and they're often quite skilled at getting it by not posting the drama bombs themselves but revealing the latest twist in their stories to established posters who then reveal the information to the community.

If true, the only intention I see with these particular dad posts is to screw with me or to get sympathy (and even that is a weird way of doing it). Based on her other posts, she herself just doesn't fit the troll description, always trying to be nice and telling others to ignore trolls.
At this point I'm letting this slide, and will let time tell the truth.
logansryche

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:15:22 AM

logan, maybe you should find this ebay pinkie...you guys could dress up like ponies and have quite the furry-romp.
I have choice words for your Randy... although I did strangely enough use to live in Iowa.
It was Sioux City, but still.. Those links don't seem right(especially the ebay/twitter ones).

If true, the only intention I see with these particular dad posts is to screw with me or to get sympathy (and even that is a weird way of doing it). Based on her other posts, she herself just doesn't fit the troll description, always trying to be nice and telling others to ignore trolls.
If this whole thing did turn out to be fake, you and I were taken for a ride.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:15:48 AM

I will pay for Rassah's stuff.  Specifically that coffee table. 

I have a friend with a birthday coming up and I want to see his face when he unwraps that thing.
$2,100
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:17:23 AM

I have choice words for your Randy... although I did strangely enough use to live in Iowa.
It was Sioux City, but still.. Those links don't seem right(especially the ebay/twitter ones).

If this whole thing did turn out to be fake, you and I were taken for a ride.

I thought you had said something about living in iowa...too much trolling today; can't keep it all straight.
logansryche

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:23:03 AM

Yup, lived in Sioux City from 2007-2010.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:24:12 AM

Saw that, but was thinking at the time she once bought them to read and then resell. Also, she bought a Bill Clinton book once, though possibly not her favorite guy, she may wanted to be well versed or desired ammo. Notice the size clothes she buys. I do agree it may not be her, but was worth a shot to help the cause, Rassah.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:30:38 AM

Saw that, but was thinking at the time she once bought them to read and then resell. Also, she bought a Bill Clinton book once, though possibly not her favorite guy, she may wanted to be well versed or desired ammo. Notice the size clothes she buys. I do agree it may not be her, but was worth a shot to help the cause, Rassah.

Yeah, sadly, I think this is the closest thing I have that matches, mainly due to the birthdays.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:46:53 AM

Yeah, sadly, I think this is the closest thing I have that matches, mainly due to the birthdays.

The name Ayn has me puzzled. To much like Ayn Rand.

I have another theory. Maybe she is just pretending to be her father. Somewhat like taking my bat and ball and going home. Coming back after a cooling off period. I do believe that she does have strong convictions. We have to admire her for that. I have read every single one of her posts, hence firmly believing that she is not a troll.
logansryche

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:50:36 AM

I s'pose anything's possible with this board..
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:50:45 AM

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002865487682

http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/17215  IGN: Pinkiedianepie

http://lstreamfeweb-mtc02.evip.aol.com/stream/vieraxlust
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:52:03 AM

I have another theory. Maybe she is just pretending to be her father.

I'm kind of surprised that this isn't everyone's first assumption.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
logansryche

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 03:54:06 AM

Another instance where Pinkie D and Twilight Sparkle are on the same page.
Anyone else catch that?
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:54:56 AM

I have another theory. Maybe she is just pretending to be her father. Somewhat like taking my bat and ball and going home. Coming back after a cooling off period. I do believe that she does have strong convictions. We have to admire her for that. I have read every single one of her posts, hence firmly believing that she is not a troll.

From what she said, her dad seems very objectivist.
Also, glad I'm not the only one feeling that way after reading all her posts. TOTALLY hoping I was trolled, too (if she did troll me with just that post, then wow!)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 03:59:05 AM

Actually that was my thought soon after I read those two letters. Something about it bothers me though. The writing and vocabulary style are different, and there's consistency on the birthday stuff. At the least this "troll" made sure to either use the same birthday across posts, or use their real birthday.

Anyone else catch that?

Not sure what you are implying. Those are still just names of the actual ponies from the show.

Btw, I'm sure the SA guys are reading our pathetic attempts as "investigation" with much interest Smiley
logansryche

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 04:02:23 AM

oh probly. Wouldn't surprise me none.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 04:02:41 AM

Actually that was my thought soon after I read those two letters. Something about it bothers me though. The writing and vocabulary style are different, and there's consistency on the birthday stuff. At the least this "troll" made sure to either use the same birthday across posts, or use their real birthday.

Anyone else catch that?

Not sure what you are implying. Those are still just names of the actual ponies from the show.

Btw, I'm sure the SA guys are reading our pathetic attempts as "investigation" with much interest Smiley

Writing style could change with anger coupled with purposely cloaking who you are. Scroll up, for I added a couple more links to my last post.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2011, 04:04:41 AM

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Pinkie_Pie

Maybe getting closer.

WELL THAT WAS A DEAD END!

I just tracked down the pony's full name. With a little more research, I bet I could prove the pony was first owned my Tom Williams, and Edward Gel used to ride it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: