Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RFC: new forum software specifications  (Read 16869 times)
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 08:23:07 AM

Last chance to suggest features for the first version. I'll start a bidding thread this weekend.

So you are actually serious about writing the software completely from scratch ?
This way it will take YEARS to achieve the number of features of the current forum, unless it is based on one of existing forum systems. And you have *completely no guarantee* that it will be in any way faster or more secure than ANY of the existing systems.

This is madness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 08:28:54 AM

So you are actually serious about writing the software completely from scratch ?

As I've said several times before: I don't care how the software is built. It would be fine to make a bunch of modifications to SMF or any other software.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 01:25:35 PM

As I've said several times before: I don't care how the software is built. It would be fine to make a bunch of modifications to SMF or any other software.

OK sorry, misunderstood.

Bind

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 07:54:22 PM

https://www.vbulletin.com/

why reinvent the wheel

pry open your donation/advertising wallet

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 08:24:19 PM

Please include an API of some kind (REST, SOAP, JSON-RPC, whatever) that is capable of at least:

1. Getting a list of forums/topics/threads

2. Retrieving messages from a forum/topic/thread

3. Posting to a forum/topic/thread (provided proper authentication, of course)

I'm sure lots of people would find this useful for lots of things.

I will happily write and operate an NNTP gateway for bitcointalk.org if such an API is available.

In terms of features-gained-per-hour-of-development-effort you really can't beat the return on providing a nice simple API.  It lets other people do the stuff you don't have time for.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 08:29:14 PM

I'll put an API in the "other optional features" category.

Request

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 09:23:13 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2011, 04:08:53 PM by Request

Hello,

Our company has experienced and motivated team to build forum software as you specified. Also we have our own ideas which implementations you can rule. We have virtual working environment for project management. We keep all our promises and will deliver high quality in schedule. Data migration service and support also after implementation will be included.

If needed, my company can also offer hosting for forum or for other server software with SLA without any cost.

Our customers are organizations from the private and public sector. You can ask portfolio from me. Please contact via PM so I can offer contact details.

Thank you for this opportunity,

Request

Edit: Just wanted to make sure that we will deliver the service for 500 BTC (we can always discuss about the final price). We are registered company and we will offer very fair service contract. As a owner of this company I can offer the service for very low contribution margin as kind of donation (I don't need any promotion, there's no "tiny print", I just want to support the Bitcoin community the way I can).

Edit 2: One more word about our team. One of our team members has worked as professional system administrator in ESET (http://www.eset.com/). He will confirm all the security aspects of the service.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 03:24:41 AM

Hello,

Our company has experienced and motivated team to build forum software as you specified. Also we have our own ideas which implementations you can rule. We have virtual working environment for project management. We keep all our promises and will deliver high quality in schedule. Data migration service and support also after implementation will be included.

If needed, my company can also offer hosting for forum or for other server software with SLA without any cost.

Our customers are organizations from the private and public sector. You can ask portfolio from me. Please contact via PM so I can offer contact details.

Thank you for this opportunity,

Request

Edit: Just wanted to make sure that we will deliver the service for 500 BTC. We are registered company and we will offer very fair service contract. As a owner of this company I can offer the service for very low contribution margin as kind of donation (I don't need any promotion, there's no "tiny print", I just want to support the Bitcoin community the way I can).

Wow - that's some pretty powerful software for $1500USD.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Request

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 11:52:44 AM

Wow - that's some pretty powerful software for $1500USD.  Smiley

Thanks for your comment. I didn't know exactly what was the exchange rate of BTC at the moment but as you know it is a very variable. I can always discuss about the price. Smiley
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 08:09:19 PM

Last chance to suggest features for the first version. I'll start a bidding thread this weekend.

Did this thread ever get started?  I can't find it (btw, a way to search for threads started by a particular author would be useful in the new software Wink)
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 08:17:21 PM

I think it has been suggested before to show the threads someone started in their profile, similar to posts.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:07:15 AM

Here's the bidding topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50617.0

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 02:36:32 PM

AppliedOptimal
Copper Member

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 07:36:26 AM

I would love to see an escrow service, and it should be decentralized. This will definitely help towards bitcoin adoption and increase market activity for the forum.
Adding youtube videos to posts should be possible as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: