Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:34:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin leaves. Who would benefit?? ETC is my bet  (Read 426 times)
Tyr808 (OP)

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:22:30 AM

Let's imagine Vitalik Buterin just left the game.
Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized
ADA - still just a promise
NEO - progress has been too slow
KMD - I like this one but still can't compare to ETC

Your guess?

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:27:22 AM

The reason Coinbase chose ETC was for the exact same reasons they chose BCH - as they are forks of already supported coins, it took the bare minimum amount of work to list them. It has nothing to do with the coin itself.

Also, given how shady the launch of BCH on Coinbase was, with prize freezes and insider trading, I'd be very of using Coinbase for anything ever again.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:46:23 AM

I am not a fan of Bcash, but saying that the main reason it was listed on coinbase was it being a fork of bitcoin is nonsense.

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:55:54 AM

EOS is very good project, what it is some centralized is not problem.
I do not sense some benefits on decentralization crypto while

Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:22:59 AM

There's several problems with that. Cryptocurrencies are all about decentralization. Also SEC would definitely tag any centralized digital asset as Securities.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:56:20 AM

I do not think that vitalk will leave, they are already working on big upgrades and solutions for the scalability and massive adoption of eth, i think future value for eth will be huge, even if vitalik leaves this will crash the eth price for short term but then again the price will bounce back.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 09:58:20 AM

It's not a problem that your account can be frozen, your transactions reversed and your funds taken, all without your permission or any regulatory oversight? Honestly, EOS is worse than a fiat bank.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:03:11 AM

It's not a problem that your account can be frozen, your transactions reversed and your funds taken, all without your permission or any regulatory oversight? Honestly, EOS is worse than a fiat bank.

I agree. EOS has the limits of centralized bodies without their benefit of a regualtory body and connected regulatory framework. Worst of both worlds.

Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:07:57 AM

If it leaves ETH, it may have a significant impact on the price of ETH.
However, this does not mean that ETH will stop development, because ETH has a large technology development community, so I will continue to support ETH.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Veks_King

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:09:32 AM

KMD is actually making the most progress and their tech is superior to the others listed.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:12:16 AM

I think ADA can replace ETH. ADA is great one and i think it will be awesome soon. TRX is trying to create something good.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:14:50 AM

I agree can in this scenario Ethereum classic will benefit more than other crypto for a leving of Vitalik Buterin.
Even also NEO and ADA cardano I think will benefit too but in minor way.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:26:22 AM

If he ever decides to have his own personal commitment like taking the job offer of google that's an amazing opportunity for him.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).
I wouldn't wonder why coinbase chooses those fork coins, they got plenty of it from their users so it's a benefit to them to adopt such forks.
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:38:41 AM

Fully agreed with you. I believe that ETC has almost the same technology like ETH except a bit centralization which, I think, is also needed for ETH. So if ETH exists in future, it has the potentiality to replace ETH.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:39:44 AM

Let's imagine Vitalik Buterin just left the game.
Reason is irrelevat;

No, it's not. In that hypothetical case, it would not be the same if Vitalik left Ethereum for health or economic reasons than if he did it because he no longer believed in the project. In the latter case, it would have an impact, but if he left for reasons that had nothing to do with Ethereum, there would be no reason for anything relevant to happen in the medium or long term. Ethereum is already a fairly consolidated project.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:43:54 AM

Vitalik will eventually leave that is inevitable. he has hinted multiple times that he does not believe in ethereum's future in his tweets. specially last year there was a lot of drama because he was telling people how he will never buy ETH if he had the choice.
so far he has been working on ethereum only to have a big resume so that he can find a place in the banking cartel that is already supporting him with their millions of dollars and pumping ethereum..

when he leaves ETH price will take a huge hit. you say 60%, i say it will drop 90% specially from the current price. the real value of ETH is below $100 and without Vitalik it will be even lower because ETH has always been a big illusionary hype and each time that wall breaks people see what the reality is behind it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:52:05 AM

If he ever decides to have his own personal commitment like taking the job offer of google that's an amazing opportunity for him.

Lol what opportunity??
Salary jobs are for losers and google is no exception. A creative genial neckbeard like Vitalik would whither in that feminist leftist dominated environment which is google.

And he wouldn't give a fuck about that salary anyway.

He was ****obviously**** joking in that tweet where he said to be considering working for goolag.

Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 10:55:54 AM

Vitalik will eventually leave that is inevitable. he has hinted multiple times that he does not believe in ethereum's future in his tweets. specially last year there was a lot of drama because he was telling people how he will never buy ETH if he had the choice.
so far he has been working on ethereum only to have a big resume so that he can find a place in the banking cartel that is already supporting him with their millions of dollars and pumping ethereum..

when he leaves ETH price will take a huge hit. you say 60%, i say it will drop 90% specially from the current price. the real value of ETH is below $100 and without Vitalik it will be even lower because ETH has always been a big illusionary hype and each time that wall breaks people see what the reality is behind it.

Yeah actually what made really made me think was when he not only endorsed ETC but hinted that these guys might be the ones actually making it.
He doesn't seem too happy about the way ETH is going and can't blame him for that.

taxli

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:19:05 AM

I think, like the case with Bitcoin, when Satoshi leaves, because we're continuing to work and grow without him, and with Ehtereum it would be just the same, it is not dependidng on the person.
Tyr808 (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:22:32 AM

I think, like the case with Bitcoin, when Satoshi leaves, because we're continuing to work and grow without him, and with Ehtereum it would be just the same, it is not dependidng on the person.

Then why did ETH price plummeted that day some rumors spread online about his demise in a car accident?
The market cares about him being part of Ethereum, and this is a vulnerability of ETH.
ETC doesn't have such one-man-project thing issue.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: