Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency coining  (Read 331 times)
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

It doesn't matter whether or not these terms are defined within the dictionary, some of the most common words in current everyday language are not in the dictionary, or have only recently been added, including several acronyms. Fewer people are starting to consider the dictionary definition of words, or even word lists to be accurate anymore, as people no longer unanimously agree the meaning of dozens of words.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pauline_78

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:05:12 AM

Yes this can b added but it will not help much in accepting bitcoin by the mass. Just a dictionay word is unable to make them interested in this field. We need more advertisement.
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:01:26 PM

I totally agree with you. This kinds of words must be introduced in the dictionary. In this way, people will learn more and adopt the cryptocurrency more easily.
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:15:39 PM

I understand this but you should know the online dictionary based on this many people don’t use dictionary nowadays they are using google translate based on this they can search on internet also they can get enough result I hope soon it will be included.

Doterti

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:09:17 PM

I understand this but you should know the online dictionary based on this many people don’t use dictionary nowadays they are using google translate based on this they can search on internet also they can get enough result I hope soon it will be included.

Nowadays in our market the many cyrpto currencies coins are being released and with that it can help the people to have a good income or sideline to sustain their needs and wants especially using bitcoin.
DavidCallahan

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:14:39 PM

I agree with this. I think this should be done it will make this term familiar with people and it will also go forward one step of acceptance. I think it will be a good idea if it does so.
stewert

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:19:18 AM

If so and indeed it is wrong, then I agree to include it in the dictionary. To be a standard language.
Sonik33

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:25:28 AM

Yes, in the dictionary, people will find it easier to understand the definition of bitcoin or cryptocurrency, and people will also believe in cryptocurrency.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:33:16 AM

Yes, in the dictionary, people will find it easier to understand the definition of bitcoin or cryptocurrency, and people will also believe in cryptocurrency.

But I don't think that people are using dictionary nowadays. They can simple used Google to search for any terms. So for me its doesn't makes any difference if the following terms OP describe should be included.

Edit: I try to search for term blockchain in the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:

Definition of blockchain

: a digital database containing information (such as records of financial transactions) that can be simultaneously used and shared within a large decentralized, publicly accessible network; also : the technology used to create such a database
The technology at the heart of bitcoin and other virtual currencies, blockchain is an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way. —Marco Iansiti and Karim R. Lakhani

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blockchain

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:40:18 PM

Those words or phrase are new, they may not available in english dictionaries. To understand those words or phrase, try to do research or ask other people. I also found this very informative A-Z Mini Cryptocurrency Dictionary. Check it out, it may help you to understand some Cryptocurrency words/phrase.
Good to know , your information is really helpful dude.

Your importation is really helpful not only to me but also people who wants to know about your information that you gave, thankyou  it's great to know.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:48:38 AM

these are new words belonging to new technologies. inclusion in a dictionary is not going to happen fast. and these words are the only new words out there. there are a lot of new words (not related to crypto at all) and are not in a dictionary.
and its inclusion in a dictionary is not going to change anything about their acceptance either.

if someone opens up Websters dictionary and sees the word bitcoin there, they won't suddenly decide they want to use bitcoin. also if they open it and see bitcoin is not there they won't suddenly decide not to use bitcoin!
it is not easy to put words into the dictionary language, but with seriringanya time the word will go into the dictionary language and the popularity of crypto currency in the eyes of society will help more quickly into the dictionary language
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:08:50 AM

these are new words belonging to new technologies. inclusion in a dictionary is not going to happen fast. and these words are the only new words out there. there are a lot of new words (not related to crypto at all) and are not in a dictionary.
and its inclusion in a dictionary is not going to change anything about their acceptance either.

if someone opens up Websters dictionary and sees the word bitcoin there, they won't suddenly decide they want to use bitcoin. also if they open it and see bitcoin is not there they won't suddenly decide not to use bitcoin!
it is not easy to put words into the dictionary language, but with seriringanya time the word will go into the dictionary language and the popularity of crypto currency in the eyes of society will help more quickly into the dictionary language

You need to know that it doesn't matter if the words from crypto world are not in dictionary language.
We are in a modern world and there's a lot of words that are not in dictionary but they understand on what it is.

dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 03:59:21 PM

i have observed that terms like "cryptocurrency", "blockchain", and "alts" is not an english word because it is not included in the english dictionary though it is cliche in our cryptoworld, i think it is high time to include it in the dictionary for further acceptance of the public and increase its popularity do you agree? 
It takes time to officially put these terms on the English dictionary. If you search on the web there are lot of search related topics such as these words on the search tool bar and i think dictionaries will take time to gather more relevant information and defition of these terms to put it or write the perfect defition or meaning of this terms to consider it as an english word or term.
indog

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

i have observed that terms like "cryptocurrency", "blockchain", and "alts" is not an english word because it is not included in the english dictionary though it is cliche in our cryptoworld, i think it is high time to include it in the dictionary for further acceptance of the public and increase its popularity do you agree? 
Like a new thing that should be introduced in a special room to be more clear. This is a new term for the digital world, not belonging to anyone with any country of origin, it belongs to all of us and we will have it

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:36:47 PM

Will a lot of new terms nowadays because humans keep trying to find new things.

I guess there's no wrong to include cryptocurrency or blockchain to the dictionary.

In order to make cryptocurrency a popular dictionary only contributes slight effect, not everyone needs a dictionary in their daily life. Social media, such as television or radio and advertisements in many corners of the city will make cryptocurrency very popular.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:46:34 PM

Crypto to be in English dictionary is good but I do not think it has any effect on the wide adoption. The cryptocurrency is already popular and trending in the global financial circle. The only issue  that is going against the crypto is the government regulations.
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:09:03 PM

I agree.  As time goes on and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is accepted more and more I think you will see these words added to the dictionary.  It's very important for the people to understand the lingo before they get involved. 
pimkobai

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:51:15 AM

Yes, I definitely agree with the subject author as to those words in the crypto community was not yet listed in the english dictionary. It's high time for these words (blockchain, alts, cryptocurrency) to be a part of the English dictionary such that the public may know the meaning of these words. It will be helpful to the public to get to know the meaning of these words so that they can understand when they started to join in a forum such as bitcointalk.org.
Flowerbiuq

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:52:23 AM

Yes, this is very necessary. Just like a lot of words that have been used in Internet decades ago, it is also gradually accepted and familiar by everyone.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:20:07 AM

I don't think it's necessary for crypto vocabulary into dictionary, I think it won't have any effect on the popularity, most of the time people now will google the word to find out the definition and when you google the crypto vocabulary you will see how people explain it, usually by the time when a lot of people using the word and it had become a common word then it can automatically include in the dictionary
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: