Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Practical is Bitcoin As Payment Service?  (Read 2697 times)
cryptostream209 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
staceyrita

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 06:27:19 AM

In my country I have not been able to use bitcoin as a means of payment in the form of goods or necessities of life
If you want to use bitcoin to buy something or needs I have to redeem bitcoin into the original currency in my country.
I redeemed bitcoin through >>> Indodax.com
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:36:17 AM

There are various services that accept Bitcoin.

There is also Purse.io, which can be used to buy stuff from Amazon at a discount using Bitcoin.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ay-x

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:45:14 AM

Unfortunately, due to the current steady descent graph, you can enjoy the discount on amazon. It is impossible for Bitcoin to be used in shopping this way.
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:52:27 AM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?

In my opinion, it is practical by means in paying on a site using bitcoins or transfer money thru bitcoin. I tried sending bitcoins on my friends as payment for a vpn that I purchased. but it its not good for purchasing goods and foods.
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 06:52:54 AM

There are many online businesses who accept cryptocurrencies, most of them accept Bitcoin as it is the most popular and widely used. But, I have seen some restaurants started accepting Bitcoin and other crypto as a payment recently.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1506

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 07:09:44 AM

It is practical to buy some things online and maybe to spend them in shops if you live in certain (few) areas, but we are far away from mass adoption, although more and more shops and merchants are accepting bitcoin.

It will be much more practical in the future, with Lightning Network fully implemented and running.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:00:54 AM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is?
It's practical if you want to help boost bitcoin's demand and at the same time purchase those things that you want online conveniently. I'm also using it for paying some of my needs.
I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?
You can use any amount that you wish, there's no restriction on how much you can spend buying goods online.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
cryptostream209 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:11:27 AM

In my opinion, it is practical by means in paying on a site using bitcoins or transfer money thru bitcoin. I tried sending bitcoins on my friends as payment for a vpn that I purchased. but it its not good for purchasing goods and foods.

I find it difficult to pay through bitpay for namecheap domains and transaction fee are too high.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:17:56 AM

You can easily integrate your payment method with Bitcoin payments! Currently, there are many web sites that support api functions so you can do that!
Only thing, bitcoin and altcoin prices are very volatile, if applied to commodity products you will probably have no profit or negative profit.
cryptostream209 (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:19:12 AM

There are various services that accept Bitcoin.

There is also Purse.io, which can be used to buy stuff from Amazon at a discount using Bitcoin.
My country don't have amazon but have other alternates but none of them support bitcoin but i have found many other global sites which can deliver same things i want with bitcoin but with higher price and shipping fees
Jacsnuffles

Activity: 211
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

I like Bitcoin but using it as a pasyment yo buy goods and stuffs would be difficlicult. One move of the price of BTC might cost you double or thrice the price of a specific item. Volatility is a big problem to this. Practicality will not be achieved.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

There are many services and shops that accept Bitcoin but it isn't popular enough, you have to do a bit of searching if you want to pay daily stuff or bills and similar with Bitcoin. I don't think that the fees are high right now, at least not when paying once with a larger amount of money, of course it is expensive if you split payments in smaller parts. I only bought games with my Bitcoin and it went well, but I don't know for physical stuff, I guess it's the same as cash.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:16:09 PM

Using Bitcoin for other things shouldn't differ much from your experience on using it to buy domains. Most merchants use payment processors like Bitpay anyway. If you thought that was practical enough, then it's probably practical for you.

But yeah, you can absolutely use Bitcoin exclusively for pretty much everything for as long as you find a good merchant that accepts it. It's probably not as practical as other traditional options for daily use, but I'd say it's definitely practical enough.

allen67

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2018, 11:37:16 PM

In now bitcoin is worldwide popular. There are so many services are connect with bitcoin. You will get discount from Amazon when you use bitcoin transaction.
hassan2654

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:54:55 AM

YES I think this is totally practical and you can use bitcoin as payment option where it is accepted. However, in that case make sure that you have a well secured wallet for your cryptos
hassan2654

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:04:21 AM

You don't need to bother posting transactions of your bitcoin here. You can simply ask and say anything related to the crypto currency in the forum.
Ankit Arora

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:30:38 AM

Bitcoin has become quite practical , especially in businesses. Payments are quite easier in bitcoin and now One can shop at Amazon with bitcoins , there are some discounts available too. If one is ordering something off the market and from another country , both the seller and the buyer prefers bitcoin as no information and sensitive data is being exchanged. Since the transaction fees is much lower than the credit cards and debit cards , all goes well and easily.
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:52:40 AM

Well, for me bitcoin as payment service is good because lots of store now accepting bitcoin, but i can observe that when we convert our bitcoin in our local money, it is too high the fees of it whereas we can say that the bitcoin is very expensive for the investors when they invest or buy bitcoin. But over all the payment is well.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:55:25 AM

Sir your question how much spending bitcoin use to pay online or to other services? find the legit merchant that accredited bitcoin of course all prices you need to pay is absolutely  stated their on where you can avail your items. be sure that before you proceed to transact for payment your wallet is fully protected.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: