Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Practical is Bitcoin As Payment Service?  (Read 2697 times)
cryptostream209 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:47:12 PM

I don't think Bitcoin as payment service is very practical, I don't know such a lot shops, and others who accept Bitcoin as payment. To my mind in Japan paying with BTC is practical then everywhere, because BTC was born there, and many places accept Bitcoin as payment, even there terminals that you can withdraw your BTC
i also hear from my Japanese friend that in japan bitcoin is getting mainstream which is great thing.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptostream209 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:31:49 PM

It's very practical. Especially if you're looking to pay someone overseas, it is the most convenient form of payment that you are able to find. In that regard, bitcoin really serves well as a medium of exchange globally, which is something that fiat does not have.

You can pretty much buy anything you need with bitcoin, without having to convert it back into fiat at this point. There are obviously also services where you are able to buy anything you want that accepts credit cards using bitcoin.

Just keep in mind though that merchant adoption is nowhere nearing its peak at the moment, there is still a long way to go before we can see individual merchants accept bitcoin directly. Right now, this is done mainly through the use of payment processors such as Bitpay which in the future we may see less of as adoption grows.
agreed and bitpay suck. it's too complicated we need better and more user friendly payment services so every one can easily understand it and feel comfortable paying with btc. 
freaker

Activity: 144
Merit: 12

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:49:20 PM

It depends upon your needs, I know you can't go to buy vegetables or fruits with Bitcoin that will be quite difficult but if you need to send money to different country where Bitcoin is acceptable then I can't find any better option than Bitcoin. Bitcoin has helped to improve long distance payment methods removing bank from interfering and making payments across international borders very quick.

codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:57:11 PM

At the current state of bitcoin, it's impractical to use it as payment because it's very volatile and the fees for every transactions you make are getting bigger and bigger. So it's better if you just hold your bitcoin or change it to fiat when its price is high and use the fiat as payment for your needs. This way you won't lose much and you'll profit more.
cryptostream209 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

It depends upon your needs, I know you can't go to buy vegetables or fruits with Bitcoin that will be quite difficult but if you need to send money to different country where Bitcoin is acceptable then I can't find any better option than Bitcoin. Bitcoin has helped to improve long distance payment methods removing bank from interfering and making payments across international borders very quick.
this is true i still remember when paypal disabled my account with out any reason with 2k inside and got it back after 90 days. This freedom of complete control is what make me interested in bitcoin first place
CollabNetwork

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 07:59:32 PM

I use BTC almost everyday to buy and sell things, it is a great currency for this (meaning fees aren't an issue).
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:34:41 PM

You can without much of a stretch coordinate your installment technique with Bitcoin installments, As of now, there are numerous sites that help programming interface works so you can do that Just thing, bitcoin and altcoin costs are extremely unpredictable, if connected to item items you will most likely have no benefit or negative benefit. tho There are numerous administrations and shops that acknowledge Bitcoin yet it isn't sufficiently prominent, you need to complete a touch of looking in the event that you need to pay day by day stuff or charges and comparable with Bitcoin. I don't imagine that the charges are high at the present time, at any rate not while paying once with a bigger measure of cash, obviously it is costly in the event that you split installments in littler parts. I just purchased diversions with my Bitcoin and it went well, yet I don't know for physical stuff, I get it's the same as money.
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:03:47 PM

it is good for paying .but for me its not practical alot of shops , stores and many more uses paper money .
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:02:10 PM

In this time, paying in bitcoin is not practical.. Because bitcoin payment is not yet legalized in different countries nowadays.
But the process of paying in bitcoin is much more applicable in paying big amount of money than small amounts.
looking31

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

If you want to get service by using bitcoin as payment you have go and make transaction on country have allowed and legal bitcoin transaction. My country is not unvelaible for using bitcoin as payment and trasaction, you can go to United State and buy something there by using bitcoin payment, or you can go to asian country like Japan and Korean Repulic and you can using bitcoin payment. Only country was allowed bitcoin you can take service by using bitcoin payment How much you can spend using bitcoin depends on you. But you should be asking how many people out there are accepting bitcoin/cryptocurrencies as payments. The answer is actually very few. Price instability is one the reasons why they are not willing to accept crypto currencies. Just look at steam. They used to accept bitcoin and now they don't.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:46:58 PM

Bitcoin is just another form of money and we can use it in the same way that we use our regular money. However, the market is not yet crypto friendly so we have to rely heavily on the online merchants who are accepting Bitcoin as a payment instrument. It's not a rocket science to use Bitcoin, I am expecting exponential growth in the utility value of it within the next 5 to 10 years from now.
pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:56:12 AM

I believe that it is very convenient if the payment in bitcoin does not provide additional large commissions
tanxpresisit514

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:53:24 AM

Bitcoin is very easy to use for transactions, especially for countries that accept bitcoin. Can pay for anything online, from books to cars. But for a country that prohibits bitcoin, it can be considered illegal, even though in reality it can be a transaction because all transactions are on the internet.
BagzMM

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:07:16 AM

In my opinion, it is really practical to those people who are working. They can easily use bitcoin as payment services with out hassle. Transactions are made online so its very practical to everybody.
Alex_Kidd

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:12:01 AM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?
I never actually tried to use BTC to pay something online but I don't even remember if I have ever seen this option, for sure there are some websites made especially to buy items with BTC but that's not something where normal people would go of course.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:33:26 AM

For advance payments, say for booking a reservation, Bitcoin is very practical. But, where instant confirmation of the transaction is needed, say for an over-the-counter purchase of candy, it might be difficult if the customer isn't previously known to the store clerk.

So, for transactions between untrusting strangers that need instantaneous verification, Bitcoin needs to have some kind of system in place if it's claim to be a currency is to be seriously considered.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:43:12 AM

i am new here and i came to ask fellow users about how practical bitcoin as payment method is? i paid for domain on namecheap via bitpay and it was okishh experience. I mean how much i can use bitcoin to pay online for shopping,services and goods?

It depend on the country you from and what sites are you buying for because from there you may check how much the difference of each sites offering your items,but unfortunately if the product you wanted to buy is available in single company then for sure expect the higher value.though i have bought some gadgets using bitcoin before and i regret it because I realized how much i losses if the value of bitcoin pumped for tomorrow
ngm22585

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:48:05 AM

It's extremely practical.  It's cheaper and more efficient, and those two advantages mean that it can revolutionize the global payments industry.
Jorandck

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 03:49:45 AM

BTC can be a practical payment tool, but until now I have not found the Oline site accepting payment with the coin. Crypto coins are mostly unstable in value, every second everything can change and it's not very good as a payment instrument.
Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:35:01 AM

I really like using bitcoin as payment service. Like it is very easy to do all you have to do is have a internet connection then if you want to pay your bills like electricity and loads then just convert most of your bitcoin to the real currency then there you go you already paid your bills online.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: