Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i buy now 2/7/14 or wait a few days please help  (Read 3424 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:48:44 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 03:48:20 AM by bitcoinsrus

should i buy now (coin base only allows 3k a day (level 1 not level 2) so a few days worth of spending like 4 days)
or should i wait

if i buy at 700ish now and it goes up or down the next days i could probably average 650-750 price spent on coins
is now a good time to buy?

i would plan to hold rather than flip for a quick buck
please advice needed
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:53:44 AM

If it's going to go up you should buy.  If it's going to go down you should wait.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:01:52 AM

If you have to ask, you're too stupid to invest. Go get a job.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:04:44 AM

please advice needed

If you are paying Coinbase's extortionate premiums then you certainly aren't in the quick flipping market.

I have replied in one of your other threads and get the distinct impression that you are looking for some kind of confirmation that now is a great time to invest in Bitcoin.

This is what you want to hear, and plenty of the Bitcoin Nutters will gladly tell you this, but as you know, they were all gladly telling you to invest when Bitcoin was over £800. We are now sub $700.

Nobody really knows what is around the corner, but certain probabilities are more likely than others. If Bitcoin rises, I struggle to see it going much beyond $750 - $765. If it does get to this level and shows strong support at this level, than that might be a time to buy. Otherwise, the next stop for Bitcoin quite frankly is the $400 - $500 range, with the strong likelihood of Bitcoin actually shooting under that before the battle at the $400-$500 range is played out.

I was one of those who told you to wait when Bitcoin was still at $810. I am still one of those advising you to wait. In the end, you are responsible for making your own decision, but beware of the majority of advice that you will get in here. If I had listened to the majority in here back in the days before I knew my MACDs from my RSIs (about 2 months ago), I would be the not so happy holder of 26*$1100 Bitcoins.

P.S. Instead of dicking around with Coinbase, get yourself a Bistamp account and get some funds onto that exchange. If you trade regularly enough, premiums are 0.2%.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:06:40 AM

If you have to ask, you're too stupid to invest. Go get a job.

Every day new thread, so there could be something about that. Just buy it all in one or in multiple buys - have a plan for the last one. If you are long few % doesn't matter, same also if this thing goes down long term.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:10:36 AM

Here is what i was thinking
i dont think i want to short unless i need the money in a few weeks/months
so i dont mind paying a premium

if coinbase only allows me to buy 3k a day and i could do a few days then i could probably average
around 725+ if I buy now or tom morning.

then i would hold year+ or short if I need the cash
is this a good strategy?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:16:01 AM

if coinbase only allows me to buy 3k a day and i could do a few days then i could probably average

is this a good strategy?

You are clearly not going to listen to anyone who isn't telling you what you want to hear.

So here you go, forget all the boring caution in my previous post which you probably got bored reading 1/4 of the way through. Here is my new advice to you:

Now is a great time to buy Bitcoin. $680! That is almost half what they were trading at just 7 weeks ago. That means you are almost 100% up on your investment already. Buy as many Bitcoin as you can as soon as you can. Your averaging out buy-in plan on coinbase sounds great. I thoroughly recommend that you do just that!

Hope that helped.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:22:10 AM

is this a good strategy?

You are clearly not going to listen to anyone who isn't telling you what you want to hear.

So here you go, forget all the boring caution in my previous post which you probably got bored reading 1/4 of the way through. Here is my new advice to you:

Now is a great time to buy Bitcoin. $680! That is almost half what they were trading at just 7 weeks ago. That means you are almost 100% up on your investment already. Buy as many Bitcoin as you can as soon as you can. Your averaging out buy-in plan on coinbase sounds great. I thoroughly recommend that you do just that!

Hope that helped.

so your original advice was for me to wait.  I am open to suggestions.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:22:55 AM

dont buy now. wait till its nice and flat and hopefully crashed out.  we are looking for cerca $450. If it doesnt crash to cerca $450, wait for an up trend to resume.
this will take weeks maybe months.

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:25:50 AM

dont buy now. wait till its nice and flat and hopefully crashed out.  we are looking for cerca $450. If it doesnt crash to cerca $450, wait for an up trend to resume.

yea i believe what you are saying because when it was at 1000 and suddenly went to 988, i bought but quickly cancelled.  later it went to 500

hopefully it gets lower from here and i think ill wait
even if it goes back up doesnt matter to me (I rather hold in the long run)
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:28:33 AM

yea i believe what you are saying because when it was at 1000 and suddenly went to 988, i bought but quickly cancelled.  later it went to 500

hopefully it gets lower from here and i think ill wait
even if it goes back up doesnt matter to me (I rather hold in the long run)

there is something to be said for buying just a few right now, you see if the price goes up from here and breaks the down trend, the risk reward setup is terrible for bulls.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:29:15 AM

See this man here:

First 'debate' I had with him, was when Bitcoin was still around $850 (or perhaps even higher). He was bullish back then, yet now, he is looking at buy-in opportunities in $400 - $500 range.

Draw your own conclusions.

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:30:19 AM

should i buy now (coin base only allows 3k a day (level 1 not level 2) so a few days worth of spending like 4 days)
or should i wait

if i buy at 700ish now and it goes up or down the next days i could probably average 650-750 price spent on coins
is now a good time to buy?

please advice needed

You said you will hold... Buy now and forget about them for 1 year.

i want to i really do, but i do think it will either hover in this area for a little or go lower
if i can get them for a little cheaper than that would be better.  Bird in the hand vs greed
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:33:46 AM

Bitcoin will dip a bit then go back up.

Then crash when the FBI sells. Then go up a lot.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:34:25 AM

See this man here:

First 'debate' I had with him, was when Bitcoin was still around $850 (or perhaps even higher). He was bullish back then, yet now, he is looking at buy-in opportunities in $400 - $500 range.

Draw your own conclusions.
mat you dim whit, I said a number of times that the price might fall to 500, and unlike you I didnt lose money. Im making money on this cos im not a binary person like you. I can change my mind when the market changes. and at the end of the day the market can only go two ways, so get over yourself you bloody prophet.

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:36:51 AM

ok heres what i think i will probably do.
in the long run I plan to stay with bitcoin till the end.
i want to do a long term hold.

right now i will wait and see if btc goes lower than 650
if it nears 500 or 550 i will probably all in

if it goes up to 750 and shows up trend (without signs of going down)
i will probably invest

a 100-200 difference is no big deal to me at all (does not phase me up or down)
but if i can get them at 500, i would love to otherwise 700 is fine for me

my goal is to long hold (year)
right now i just want to see if i can get a better price
i will wait a few days and see whats up

anyone can second this?
I am new to bitcoin and looking for thoughts on this idea
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:37:38 AM

mat you dim whit, I said a number of times that the price might fall to 500, and unlike you I didnt lose money. Im making money on this cos im not a binary person like you. I can change my mind when the market changes. and at the end of the day the market can only go two ways, so get over yourself you bloody prophet.

What the fk you talking about?

I have lost money on individual trades. Over the piece, I am thousands of GBP (the only currency that I care about) in profit. I am such a bad loser, that if I had actually lost money in Bitcoin, I doubt that I would even be here.

if it goes up to 750 and shows up trend (without signs of going down)
i will probably invest

Remember, not just goes up to this level but also tests this level turning into a support level and proves that the market forces think $765 Bitcoin is cheap and will bite hands of to buy Bitcoin at this price.

chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:39:36 AM

What the fk you talking about?

I have lost money on individual trades. Over the piece, I am thousands of GBP (the only currency that I care about) in profit. I am such a bad loser, that if I had actually lost money in Bitcoin, I doubt that I would even be here.

it's subtle in the way you boast about your winners. we all know you are a loser. you behave really immature matt. full of crap.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:41:05 AM

it's subtle in the way you boast about your winners. we all know you are a loser. you behave really immature matt. full of crap.

Go and show me a link to any of your past threads where you have in anyway accurately predicted what Bitcoin was going to do next in the past two months and stated you were putting your money where your mouth was.

I can provide a ton of links where I have done this. You can provide fuck all you clueless hapless loser.

bitcoinsrus (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:43:50 AM

all in favor changing the name of this thread to matt vs chessnutt  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: