Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on at GOX!  (Read 2159 times)
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:40:43 AM

Why do they even bother buying and selling? I guess they are hoping they will get their money back. Lets hope they can solve their "technical glitch" by monday and everyone gets their money back.

If people do get their money back, most probably half their volume will be transferred over to bitstamp or btc-e. Maybe a new exchange will pop up. How can you see this affecting the prices? A sudden rise maybe, due to the fact that people are converting to bitcoin to transfer the money out?

If people dont get their money! Well! Maybe a loss in confidence in the system, a drop in prices? In the long run an increase in price due to decrease in overall bitcoin circulation?

Comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:02:21 PM

USD will be have a better chance to be recovered in court than btc since there are many laws written specifically dealing with USD and accounting.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:40:54 PM

If you have funds, be it btc or fiat, in mt.gox, you deserve what's happening there, which is a implosion. Mt.Gox used to the best and the biggest exchange but it got sold to incompetent fools who lost all sense of decency due to greed. The sooner it dies, the better for the community.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:44:37 PM

If you have funds, be it btc or fiat, in mt.gox, you deserve what's happening there, which is a implosion. Mt.Gox used to the best and the biggest exchange but it got sold to incompetent fools who lost all sense of decency due to greed. The sooner it dies, the better for the community.

Well said. Nailed on.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:50:04 PM

Mtgox was sold to Mark Karpeles march 2011. and it was good till april 2013. when buble bursted. You think that it was the best prior mark bought it?
I simple dont understund what you mean by mtgox being sold to incompetent fools?
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:54:48 PM

If you have any BTC left on Gox. Sell sell sell  - that´s the only way you might have a chance to ever see your money again.
All BTC are probably lost or confiscated by the FBI.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 02:40:08 PM

I can't wait to see if they coincidentally lost half their Bitcoins. Grin
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

If you have any BTC left on Gox. Sell sell sell  - that´s the only way you might have a chance to ever see your money again.
All BTC are probably lost or confiscated by the FBI.

I think the problem is, that MtGox doesn't have the BTC that it says it does. i.e. the BTC that it's customers believe that they own.

Just as they have had technical problems  with withdrawal of fiat which to anyone who isn't zipped up the back, rather suggests fiat insolvency issues. Technical issues with withdrawing BTC rather suggests that they don't have BTC either.

Basically, one big fucking fraudulent operation and it has to be said, this is far from the first example of this in Bitcoin land, although certainly the highest profile.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:53:17 PM

I'm almost willing to bet that Monday will come , withdraws will resume , and people panicking now will just look on how Gox trolled them again , and got their coins at half price after selling them at +20%.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 02:56:13 PM

I'm almost willing to bet that Monday will come , withdraws will resume , and people panicking now will just look on how Gox trolled them again , and got their coins at half price after selling them at +20%.

True Captains of the Industry.

Cheesy
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:00:53 PM

If I was a Gox customer. As soon as I had a chance to get my capital out of Gox, it would be gone.

'Gox trolled them again'.

Bullshit. This is very very harmful for Gox and even if they aren't insolvent, they are still dead.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:02:43 PM

If I was a Gox customer. As soon as I had a chance to get my capital out of Gox, it would be gone.

Bullshit. This is very very harmful for Gox and even if they aren't insolvent, they are still dead.

Yes - it might be last time of gox ... I would never put any bits into there
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

The above move , if executed correctly would really help their financial problems.
And don't call them dead yet. Bad things have a habit of not willing to die easily.

Edit:
Funny how searching for "to die" because of this idiotic plugin corrector , I run across this:
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/12/why-i-want-bitcoin-to-die-in-a.html   3rd results with my normal ip and second page with tor when searching for "to die" with google.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:23:26 PM

The above move , if executed correctly would really help their financial problems.
And don't call them dead yet. Bad things have a habit of not willing to die.

Perhaps. But if I was a Gox customer, for me to stick with Gox, it would be required for them to have some kind of chain around my neck.

Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:24:19 PM

One way or another this is the last card in Gox's hand. GG.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 03:29:20 PM

And don't call them dead yet. Bad things have a habit of not willing to die easily.

Edit:
Funny how searching for "to die" because of this idiotic plugin corrector , I run across this:
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/12/why-i-want-bitcoin-to-die-in-a.html   3rd results with my normal ip and second page with tor when searching for "to die" with google.

Mt.Gox is a legend of BTC exchange.
So deep inside I trust that they will figure it all out and their problems will vanish.

But - would you risk your money to put it there after all of this?

anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 04:16:26 PM

How do you call people who wish ill to others just for the heck of it? Is "asshole" appropriate?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

How do you call people who wish ill to others just for the heck of it? Is "asshole" appropriate?

I'll prefer Drama Junkie, but asshole is also appropriate.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

Huh So now gox is a no-no? where are we headed next?? looks like most major exchanged are trembling with trouble..

I've been locked at gox b4 even seen it go down.. i'm just hoping it get's back this time so i can save what's left!

Don't know about you? i'm looking at other alt-coins and pull out and into smaller exhanges for now.

Anyone who is still sitting stuck on MtGox is simply a retard. Their major issues have been known for about a year now, people have had plenty of time to jump ship. I've been using Bitstamp for almost a year I think, and although they have had some lag issues before it has held up pretty fine lately even during high volume days. I also like to use BTC-e and haven't had any problems whatsoever there either, so either of these two exchanges are clearly better than MtGox and have been that way for quite a while now. Really once you step over you never want to go back. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:52:28 PM

But its just....not...dying..

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: