Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook reverses ban on cryptocurrency ads  (Read 793 times)
ys fs

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:19:35 AM

and finally facebook release the ban crypto advertising, with this we are mostly the bounty hunter duly grateful for this news ....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:26:30 AM

This is the Internet, people can stay anonymous.

The ironic thing here is the Facebook company operation relies on people not making themselves anonymous but basically freely giving their personal data to be marketed to by advertising across the site or just sold afaik.    So crypto or at least the anonymous part of it is contrary to that targeted data business mindset they use, Facebook really isnt free.   They did try to ban accounts without verifiable user data at one point, not sure if they are still doing this.

I am glad to learn this but even if they had upheld the ban i don't think it will make any difference on our fortunes with bitcoin since many facebook users are not crypto enthusiast and we don;'t need them to succeed since we have bitcointalk which is a bigger and better platform.

it's not about crypto enthusiasts. It's about reaching out to regular people. I honestly hope facebook will be replaced by some decentralized service that will allow people to monetize their own data directly.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 07:34:42 AM

FB decided to ban crypto ads. However, I am expecting moderated/rectified policy from them soon.

It was about to happen because it doesn't make any sense to ban the entire sector just because few people from that sector are misusing the platform. It was affecting the growth of genuine companies and indirectly the sector was suffering from this ban. However, as we all know that crypto industry has grown too big now and it is unstoppable at this stage.
Cofuchu

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

I am in favour of blocking out any spammers in any field. Google and Facebook need to create a filter against such people. To ban the whole cryptocurrency ads was unfair to start with. I hope that such decisions are not repeated in the future. Why do you think they banned them?
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:10:43 PM

Why facebook and other social media prohibit crypto ads on things I think crypto ads pay quite bigger than other ads, maybe they are afraid that if they put up their crypto ad it will be categorized by the government so they are afraid to put a crypto advertisement maybe that's the reason
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

Many people who do not know how to know the existence of ICO's scam especially for beginners in the crypto world as a scam every day. If there is a fake ICO crypto being reported by many people and facebook will also ban such a presence. Cool
matvee

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

Because there is a chance of buying Coinbase. He is entering this market. Soon Facebook will advertise crypto money for itself.

There are a lot of confusing threads in relation to this.

Some threads also mention that they are planning to launch their own coin and if this is true, why will they allow advertisement of competing coins. If the new mentioned in this thread is really true, I do not think that they are going to launch their coin any time soon.
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 06:40:06 PM

The reversal of the facebook ban on crypto related ads was a big relief to the whole crypto community especially to bounty hunters and team members who are offering Initial Coin Offerings in support of project. This is because facebook is a very big social media platform where different people all over the world interact and so many people would get to know about the project and decide to invest or not.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:41:17 PM

how can one not abolish the ban if they themselves decided to release their crypt! in general, it was quite stupid of them to forbid the advertising of the crypto currency, to hamper the progress of the currency world!
copperton

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:37:34 PM

Its a good news Facebook reverse ban on crypto because of this decision help bitcoin price stability also Facebook know the value of cryptocurrency and Facebook still Continue the ban on ICO and MLM but sure all bans will be reverse soon, social media sites are getting more and more visitors from these ads and after ban they getting less visitors so this can be a reason they did reverse ban on cryptocurrency.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:45:18 PM

Facebook is friendly towards cryptocurrencies and Facebook is also studying blockchain and token industry in coming soon we may see new icos coins may come from facebook as well
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:49:50 PM

I do not think that whole crypto ads could be ban, for me it will be special "part" of ads that will be showed and other once will be just banned cause this will filter scam coins from the normal projects that don't want to rob us.
Warbson

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:49:58 PM

This is a little bit miss-leading...

They will still ban ICO ads but from now on they will allow specific companies and advertiser that they will specifically approve to display ads on fb...

Either way, people and different ICO are still able bypass the ban by promoting content on fb, and not display ads...
Winifredinme825

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:26:54 AM

Either way, people and different ICOs can still bypass the ban by promoting fb content and not displaying ads ... social networking sites are gaining more and more visitors from these. This ad and, after prohibiting them from receiving fewer visitors
Khanhdiep

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:40:22 AM

The reverse order was applied in early June and more Facebook wanted to join Crypto
javascript1539

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:17:55 AM

The reversal of the cookie-related ban on facebook is a big relief for the entire cryptographic community, especially bounty hunters and team members who are offering Coin services. Coin to support the project.
Simon241084

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:49:17 AM

They tried to ban accounts without user-verified data at a time, not sure if they were still doing so. It has affected the growth of these banned and indentured companies.
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:58:52 AM

As there’s clearly too much ad revenue potential to ignore, Facebook  finally announced it’s reversing its cryptocurrency ad ban effective immediately.

The decision comes with a few caveats, however. The company says it will allow ads and related content from “pre-approved advisers,”

ya, but will still not allow ads promoting binary options and initial coin offerings.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:06:26 AM

I think this is a good news that Facebook has lifted it's ban against cryptocurrency ads. However, ads about ICOs and MLM related cryptos are still banned. But I think this is a good start. What do you think about this? Will this affect the price of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general? Is this a preview of an upcoming bullrun?

Here are some sources:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/26/facebook-reverses-ban-on-cryptocurrency-ads.html

https://cointelegraph.com/news/facebook-s-crypto-ad-ban-reversal-power-play-gets-their-own-news-stuck

https://www.recode.net/2018/6/26/17505876/facebook-cryptocurrency-ads-bitcoin-ico-ban-reversed

It is a good thing to implement this type of change for bitcoin society. As time goes by, it is about the security that we are trying to improve witg bitcoin. Well then, its reliability is already check, though if you are to count its cost then some will not bare with it. So, so far, this is a good thing to be implemented knowing that Facebook is an influential social media application.
fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:10:08 AM

I am in favour of blocking out any spammers in any field. Google and Facebook need to create a filter against such people. To ban the whole cryptocurrency ads was unfair to start with. I hope that such decisions are not repeated in the future. Why do you think they banned them?
I think the Facebook is just protecting their users on those fake projects that flooding in the Facebook ads. Although it's the responsibility of the users if they will invest on those ico as it's too risk to invest without doing a research.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: