Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: aTriz account has most likely changed hands  (Read 2616 times)
Cashi (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:37:42 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2018, 05:01:57 PM by Cashi
Merited by Vod (2), DarkStar_ (2)

Interesting finding today: a formerly famous bounty manager, aTriz, has most likely lost access to his account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920

As I noticed so far, there were several scam accusations against him, running a shady bounty campaign of an ICO called Bitblisscoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2751956.0
I don't know much about this issue and don't read the whole story, but this seems to fit into the picture that aTriz has financial problems. At first he can't refund some clients: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3253973.0
Then his bounty engagement ended (he gave back the bounty management to the Moonlite devs) and finally I noticed, this comment from June 13, 2018: (The most likely last comment from him, trying to sell his signature space to gain money)

I want to auction my Signature Space.. I have posted over dozens of Bitcointalk forum posts and  most of them are active tell today with thousands of views. if you want your Banner ad to be visible on these threads and Get maximum attraction then this thread is for you.

It is a solid offer for ICO projects who want to promote their ICOs..

I only accept Eth/BTC

Starting Bid:
1 Eth or 500$ in BTC  per Month..

Some of my Most Active Threads:

Vernam Bounty Program: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3092582.0 (20,000 views)

Cryptorium ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2214098.0 (60,000 Views)

The next comments from this account were made on June 19 and the type of comments are very different from his former comments. Now he submitted lots of shitposts since June 19 and he is wearing a signature too. This could be due to his financial problems, but the posting type is totally different. For me it's obvious this account has changed hands, most likely sold, not hacked, because aTriz gave up his engagement as bounty manager. He is already tagged from actmyname for this issue, but if you see this conclusion everyone can confirm this.
It's bad to see one of the best bounty managers is leaving this forum this way.  Sad

Smiley Smiley
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 10:41:45 PM

I actually noticed this earlier; that being the reason for my tag. It's really a shame because I quite liked the guy. Though, even despite their mistakes I do know that they returned the tokens in the moonlite campaign back to the owners. Which is pretty upstanding.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:30:55 AM

He is most likely not the original owner of his account. It is likely that the account was sold shortly prior to going into business with lauda. Are you saying you think his account was sold more recently?

I think his actions are consistent with someone who is desperate for money and is willing to bend the rules in order to get more money.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:27:21 AM

Are you saying you think his account was sold more recently?

I think his actions are consistent with someone who is desperate for money and is willing to bend the rules in order to get more money.
It was definitely sold more recently. The post quality dropped significantly. It's similar to that of low-effort account farmers rather than what I would expect from someone with the bitcoin experience of aTriz. Even if you have fallen from grace I don't expect your post quality to degrade to such a level.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:58:15 AM

His password changed on June 12, the day before he tried to auction off his signature for $500. I do see a lot of really low effort posts made after that, with many in the past two days.

I don't keep track of the account market, so I have no idea if an account was listed for sale that matches the description of his account. I find it strange a signature spammer would buy his account as I cannot see him describing his account in a way that can reasonably earn anything in a signature deal. I am not sure how much sMerit aTriz has left, but maybe someone bought the account for the sMerit, saw its notoriety and tried to sell his signature.

The bounty campaign he is participating in is run by stormfold, although I would not necessarily say he is necessarily involved in anything shady. 
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 03:09:53 AM

I find it strange a signature spammer would buy his account as I cannot see him describing his account in a way that can reasonably earn anything in a signature deal. I am not sure how much sMerit aTriz has left, but maybe someone bought the account for the sMerit, saw its notoriety and tried to sell his signature.
I believe that there are a few reasons for buying the account.

1) Rank
2) sMerit

In regards to rank, a lot of bounty campaigns are available in which negative trust doesn't affect the eligibility of the user. This means that a high rank results in higher rewards in a bounty's signature campaign. A signature spammer that is aware of this fact won't really care about who the account is or what they could do other than bounties (unless the account has a lot of notoriety).

sMerit should be obvious.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:20:09 AM

Yea I saw the bounty campaign he is participating in has no rule against having negative trust.

I have thought about the ICO bounty campaigns, and I have come to the conclusion they do not care who advertises for them -- I think they simply want their ads flashed as much as possible to gain traction on various social media platforms.

I presume aTriz is probably still around somewhere. I have no idea if he purchased a new account, created a new account, or is using other alternate accounts he already had.
Scam Exposey

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 03:46:28 AM

I don't believe that atriz account has been sold and most provably he decide to used it on camp so that he can still earn money with that account. And also there's no dumb people will buy that account since at the first place Atriz account had bad reputation. Smerit and rank will do nothing on it since the reputation itself make the accounts world so small since there are limited camps are accepting red trust members now.

This forum is so great but its slowly killed by those Abusive guy.
Silent26

Activity: 602
Merit: 326

Politeness: 1227: - 0 / +1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:42:51 AM

Finally, someone noticed it too. A few days ago I've been stalking aTriz posts history and I noticed that his posts suddenly changed. By looking at his recent posts after June 14, his posts became low quality. He is also posting in some Megathreads recently and continuesly posting in low quality topics/threads. I doubt that the user who is now using the account is the real aTriz. The account is now similar to other members who only post for their paid signature.
I have suspicions that the account was either sold or lend to someone else.
~snip
Actually, it doesn't matter if an account has Negative Trust, as long as it is a high ranked member someone stupid out there will still be willing to buy it.
These two are the first reason.
I believe that there are a few reasons for buying the account.

1) Rank
2) sMerit

404 Not Found
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:14:30 AM

From what I can tell, the advertised rate for the bounty campaign aTriz is participating in is roughly $3 per week based on the ICO price. Based on that earnings rate, I cannot imagine his account would sell for more than $20 or $25.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:28:48 AM

From what I can tell, the advertised rate for the bounty campaign aTriz is participating in is roughly $3 per week based on the ICO price. Based on that earnings rate, I cannot imagine his account would sell for more than $20 or $25.
It is likely that atriz has still the control over his account, though he has stopped replying to me. I believe that he was the scapegoat caught in circumstances whereas there has been instances when he has handed me over more than 100k usd tokens for distributions and never used to think twice , at-least for me he was a nice guy.
I hope wherever he is he will not repeat the mistake.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 12:18:30 PM

I believe that he was the scapegoat caught in circumstances...
He made the decision on his own to knowingly 'go along' with a lie for the sake of 'marketing', without actually telling others about it or consulting them before doing so. Indeed, a true scapegoat.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:34:32 PM

Yea I saw the bounty campaign he is participating in has no rule against having negative trust.

I have thought about the ICO bounty campaigns, and I have come to the conclusion they do not care who advertises for them -- I think they simply want their ads flashed as much as possible to gain traction on various social media platforms.

I presume aTriz is probably still around somewhere. I have no idea if he purchased a new account, created a new account, or is using other alternate accounts he already had.
Do you believe this would be his ALT account? someone ??
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1374485
You see ResuLT  and aTriz

Capital letters are used in both names, let me know why these DT Members never tagged him?

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

You see ResuLT  and aTriz

Capital letters are used in both names, let me know why these DT Members never tagged him?
That's a really bad way of connecting accounts and I hope you understand why. It's like if you were to connect everyone who has a prefix of "bitcoin" together.

endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:54:40 PM

You see ResuLT  and aTriz

That's a really bad way of connecting accounts and I hope you understand why. It's like if you were to connect everyone who has a prefix of "bitcoin" together.
Ok, Ill post some screen shots tomorow in this thread so we can resolve it whether it is really aTriz alt or not.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:56:57 PM

You see ResuLT  and aTriz

aTriz is a purchased account immediately prior to him going into business with lauda, so probably not. It might be an alt of the original owner though.
Cashi (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:20:23 AM

He is most likely not the original owner of his account. It is likely that the account was sold shortly prior to going into business with lauda. Are you saying you think his account was sold more recently?

Are you sure the bounty aTriz bought this account to manage bounties? I had a short look in the posting history and there ist a gap between May 2014 and April 2017, so this could be the first change: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920;sa=showPosts;start=2840
The second change (if there was one) could be a few weeks ago.

There are lots of things very suspicious. I don't know if the real aTriz would participate in a bounty getting only 3$ per week..

His password changed on June 12, the day before he tried to auction off his signature for $500. I do see a lot of really low effort posts made after that, with many in the past two days.

I don't keep track of the account market, so I have no idea if an account was listed for sale that matches the description of his account. I find it strange a signature spammer would buy his account as I cannot see him describing his account in a way that can reasonably earn anything in a signature deal. I am not sure how much sMerit aTriz has left, but maybe someone bought the account for the sMerit, saw its notoriety and tried to sell his signature.

The bounty campaign he is participating in is run by stormfold, although I would not necessarily say he is necessarily involved in anything shady. 
Do you have a proof? I don't know, how long password or e-mail changes are shown, but I don't see a password or e-mail change in his profile, this could be an indicator his account hasn't changed hands. I don't know much about the history of aTriz, following this forum only since February / March 2018 and the first time, when I wrote OP, I thought this account was clearly sold, looking a the the last posts from one week ago but the second view it could be possible he has still access.
But participating in a bounty campaign with rewards of 3$ per week are very unlikely for him as aTriz would know about better bounties.  Cheesy

sMerit should be obvious.
Yes, if the buyer was looking for sMerit it's very strange, because if this account starts selling his signature space and shitposting this way it's obvious the DT members will notice it and tag all accounts the new aTriz owner is sending sMerits to. If this account really has changed hands, the new owner seems to be not very smart...

Finally: difficult to say what happened...

I can try to send him a PM if you want. Let's see, what happens...

Smiley Smiley
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:40:42 PM

Are you sure the bounty aTriz bought this account to manage bounties? I had a short look in the posting history and there ist a gap between May 2014 and April 2017, so this could be the first change: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135920;sa=showPosts;start=2840
The second change (if there was one) could be a few weeks ago.
He started running bounty/signature campaigns in August 2017, which is only 4 months after starting to use the account after it was purchased. He made, on average 3.75 pages of posts every month until he started running bounty campaigns, at which point he started making about 14 pages of posts per month.

I can only speculate, however it is possible he controls multiple accounts, and was posting from multiple accounts on bounty campaigns until he focused on aTriz once he started running bounty campaigns.

Many have claimed that aTriz and lauda are the same person, however this was frequently shot down under the guise that aTriz lives in Australia and that their posting times states do not match. His location is something he posted himself, and the posting times are inaccurate because of the fact he is not the original owner. Interestingly enough, the rules that lauda was imposing on his campaigns in August 2017 were similar to the rules imposed by aTriz, this is not proof of anything, and others may have also used similar rules, however it is one data point. If you look at the list of threads aTriz has opened, there are a very large number of threads he is trying to remove evidence of, including many threads ALU was running bounty campaigns for. ALU was not formerly announced until November 2017, and there is a clear attempt on the part of aTriz to remove evidence of the thread.

There are lots of things very suspicious. I don't know if the real aTriz would participate in a bounty getting only 3$ per week..
I don't know if he would do that either, although I see little point in trying to sell his account that would likely not fetch more than $20 or so based on that earnings potential.

Do you have a proof?
Yup

But participating in a bounty campaign with rewards of 3$ per week are very unlikely for him as aTriz would know about better bounties.  Cheesy
I don't know if they are available to those with negative trust.
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 10:43:18 PM

It is a shame what happened to aTriz!

Don't know if account was sold, neither when, but he was going downhill...

The scam with Bitblisscoin was the most noticeable one, but some more campaigns stay unpaid as well.
Personally, I participated in Bazista and Onsteller with aTriz as Bounty Manager.
Bazista Team has now compensated everyone, but they keep saying that aTriz run away with their tokens. Onsteller looks like will be unpaid forever.

I'm not that old on this forum, neither participate in many bounties with aTriz, but it was a recognize name around here.
It is a shame what happened, and someone should try to get to the bottom of this...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:35:46 PM

It is a shame what happened to aTriz!

Don't know if account was sold, neither when, but he was going downhill...

The scam with Bitblisscoin was the most noticeable one, but some more campaigns stay unpaid as well.
Personally, I participated in Bazista and Onsteller with aTriz as Bounty Manager.
Bazista Team has now compensated everyone, but they keep saying that aTriz run away with their tokens. Onsteller looks like will be unpaid forever.

I'm not that old on this forum, neither participate in many bounties with aTriz, but it was a recognize name around here.
It is a shame what happened, and someone should try to get to the bottom of this...

aTriz was running many campaigns via ALU which lauda is also a member of. If you are aware of any campaigns that have not paid out tokens owed, I would suggest opening a scam accusation naming ALU.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: