Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 3980 times)
JA37 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 10:39:27 PM

Grin

Man up and grow a pair. Move to Afghanistan and set up your business there. I promise that you won't be bothered by the big bad government.
None of that horrid infrastructure, education, protection or other nasty stuff to worry about.

Or quit bitching because you have to contribute, just like everybody else.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

September 24, 2011, 10:42:00 PM

Grin

Man up and grow a pair. Move to Afghanistan and set up your business there. I promise that you won't be bothered by the big bad government.

Bad choice of country. I'm sure the US empire will happily bomb my business along with a couple hundred innocent civilians and just write it off as collateral damage.

Afghanistan was far better off without the US government, that's for sure.
JA37 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 10:45:30 PM

Grin

Bad choice of country. I'm sure the US empire will happily bomb my business along with a couple hundred innocent civilians and just write it off as collateral damage.

Hey, let the market handle it. I'm sure you can find someone to employ to run security for you. I hear the Mujahedin are fairly well trained and equipped.
Or do you perhaps prefer the security that a somewhat functional state has to offer? That comes at a cost you know.

Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Anonymous

September 24, 2011, 10:47:38 PM

Grin

Hey, let the market handle it. I'm sure you can find someone to employ to run security for you. I hear the Mujahedin are fairly well trained and equipped.
Or do you perhaps prefer the security that a somewhat functional state has to offer? That comes at a cost you know.
I rather choose from various forces than can actually dissolve from failure to provide competitive services rather than choose from only one poor monopoly.

Yes, the market would serve my needs greatly.
JA37 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2011, 10:58:21 PM

Grin

I rather choose from various forces than can actually dissolve from failure to provide competitive services rather than choose from only one poor monopoly.

Still, the US is a fairly safe place to live compared to Afghanistan. That was the case even without the US bombings. I'm sure you've heard of the Taliban? They were quite horrible to their own people you know. Far worse than the US. They still are. The US has accidents where civilians are killed. The Taliban specifically target girls schools.
Your "poor monopoly" seems to be far better than anything in the Afghanistan, past and present.

But the market is "Free" there. No regulations, no security, no infrastructure. Pristine, just how you like it. Why not go there? It does look like the utopia you're after.
Or go to Mogadishu perhaps. Same thing there.
Stay clear of Somaliland in the northern part of Somalia though. They have behaved badly and formed a government which does protect their citizens and have built infrastructure. The peace there must be unbearable.

Anonymous

September 24, 2011, 11:02:36 PM

Grin

Still, the US is a fairly safe place to live compared to Afghanistan. That was the case even without the US bombings. I'm sure you've heard of the Taliban? They were quite horrible to their own people you know. Far worse than the US. They still are. The US has accidents where civilians are killed. The Taliban specifically target girls schools.
Your "poor monopoly" seems to be far better than anything in the Afghanistan, past and present.

But the market is "Free" there. No regulations, no security, no infrastructure. Pristine, just how you like it. Why not go there? It does look like the utopia you're after.
Or go to Mogadishu perhaps. Same thing there.
Stay clear of Somaliland in the northern part of Somalia though. They have behaved badly and formed a government which does protect their citizens and have built infrastructure. The peace there must be unbearable.
The Taliban are a small crime syndicate compared to the suffering and murder instigated by US invasions and our civil drug wars. The motives have always been ulterior and the evil committed in the name of good has always been just that -- evil.

It's hardly "free". There's constant struggle over positions of tyrannical power. There is no hedge and there is no balance. I strive for a society of order, of competitive and accountable order; not a violent poltergeist of tyrants.

The lower parts of Somalia are only in struggle because the UN continues to instigate and challenge the sovereignty of its original people. The powers at hand only want economic gain; not peace.

In a society where the desired product is purely peace and protection, we would see a different paradigm. The forces in these situations do not share the same aforementioned motive.
GideonGono

Activity: 1988
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 09:35:52 AM

The US has accidents where civilians are killed. The Taliban specifically target girls schools.

Of course! The noble democracy loving US Military would never target innocent civilians. Only the bad guys do that! We're the good guys!

My my, that American Propaganda machine is quite effective.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
JA37 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 09:08:47 PM

The Taliban are a small crime syndicate compared to the suffering and murder instigated by US invasions and our civil drug wars. The motives have always been ulterior and the evil committed in the name of good has always been just that -- evil.

It's hardly "free". There's constant struggle over positions of tyrannical power. There is no hedge and there is no balance. I strive for a society of order, of competitive and accountable order; not a violent poltergeist of tyrants.

The lower parts of Somalia are only in struggle because the UN continues to instigate and challenge the sovereignty of its original people. The powers at hand only want economic gain; not peace.

In a society where the desired product is purely peace and protection, we would see a different paradigm. The forces in these situations do not share the same aforementioned motive.

The US has a longer history of doing bad shit, I agree with that, and comparing evil is always hard. I do however believe that the US most of the time had the peoples interest in mind while doing things that history has shown to be bad mistakes, or acts that you would call "evil". I think that the people in charge actually believes that they protect Americans by torturing people, while the net effect most likely is the opposite.
The Taliban in comparison probably doesn't have the best interest for their people at heart. They denied healthcare and education to all women, denied music or other distractions for everyone. Justice was nothing of the sort. Basically you take everything bad about the US, amplify that, and remove everything good. That's Afghanistan under Taliban rule.

Hmm, no hedge or balance. Just groups of people struggling for power, with the most violent or well equipped winning, until someone more violent comes along. How is this not what you want? With no final authority that's what happens. Everyone with an agenda and a gun will try to put themselves in a position where they will be the de-facto authority. The real world example presented to you is what happens, not what you wish would happen in your fantasy. Why doesn't your hedge and balance come into play there?

Ehh, the lower parts of Somalia is in struggle because the Al-Shabab rape, kill and rob people. Most Somalis don't want them there but that doesn't stop the bandits from doing whatever they want since they're armed, dangerous and without opposition. The UN tries to help the civilians with food and medicine, something that they're sorely lacking. The Al-Shabab tries to deny the civilians this luxury.

I agree with you, however in a society where those elements exists, some way to deal with it must be present. I too wish for world peace and good will towards man. Shit just happens and then you have to deal with it. Wishing that things were a different way doesn't do much.

AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 10:03:41 PM

Why Afghaniland?

I've been pointing out Somolia as the ultimate libertopian paradise for quite awhile now.  None of these guys seem to be getting up and moving though.  I wonder why?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 10:24:05 PM

Why Afghaniland?

I've been pointing out Somolia as the ultimate libertopian paradise for quite awhile now.  None of these guys seem to be getting up and moving though.  I wonder why?

We shouldn't have to.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 10:27:45 PM

Wow...in your meager 17 years on this earth, you have managed to become quite omniscient. When did you spend time there before the US occupation? How long? What do you remember most?
AyeYo

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 12:11:51 AM

Why Afghaniland?

We shouldn't have to.

And I shouldn't have to move away if someone nextdoor to me decides to purchase a nuke, but you don't seem to agree with that.

You can stay where you are voluntarily, in which case you're agreeing to all taxation, implied contracts and obligations, etc. or you can choose to move to libertarian utopia: Somolia.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 12:13:19 AM

Why Afghaniland?

We shouldn't have to.

And I shouldn't have to move away if someone nextdoor to me decides to purchase a nuke, but you don't seem to agree with that.

You can stay where you are voluntarily, in which case you're agreeing to all taxation, implied contracts and obligations, etc. or you can choose to move to libertarian utopia: Somolia.

By staying where you are, you agree that I can do whatever I want.
AyeYo

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 12:38:01 AM

Why Afghaniland?

We shouldn't have to.

LOL!!! YES! That's exactly my point!

By staying where you are, you agree that the government you're under can do whatever they want.  If you don't like it, move to Somolia and no John Law will bother you.

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 12:59:53 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2011, 07:29:08 PM by bitcoin2cash

LOL!!! YES! That's exactly my point!

Cool. So I can do whatever I want. Thanks.

By continuing to post in this thread, you agree with me.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 02:13:39 AM

Really?
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 02:38:36 AM

Really?

Absurd isn't it? I agree. Just as absurd as saying, "by staying on your own property, you're agreeing to be taxed".
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2011, 04:36:23 AM

Dig as deep as you want into your philosophical thoughts, but that will not allow you to come up with an argument that you are morally justified in claiming that ownership of one class of thing is equivalent to ownership of another type of thing. You need to seriously question the assumptions you are building your arguments upon.

Start digging into your philosophical thoughts.

FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 04:38:57 AM

Dig as deep as you want into your philosophical thoughts, but that will not allow you to come up with an argument that you are morally justified in claiming that ownership of one class of thing is equivalent to ownership of another type of thing. You need to seriously question the assumptions you are building your arguments upon.

Start digging into your philosophical thoughts.

Is that what's inside your "philosophically sophisticated" mind?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 07:01:54 PM

So, when you own land in California, is it really your land like, say, a sofa is? I know that I can remove a cushion from my sofa. But can a landowner remove any oak tree from their parcel of land anywhere in California? If not, why not?

Hmm. Something is going on here. Maybe owning a parcel of land in California is not like owning a sofa.

You can take the cushion off the sofa, but god help you if you cut that tag off the cushion...

So maybe land is like a sofa...if you are a 14-year-old trollmod.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: