Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Compare pools: MiddleCoin/CleverMining/HashCows/WafflePool/Hashbros  (Read 25629 times)
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:14:19 PM

What rejection rate are you getting with CleverMining?

An awefull lot 18.6% ....

So wait a minute your daily payout was More than Waffle even with those reject rates at clever? REason I turned to waffle is the Rejection scared me @ clever, so instead of wasting time i quickly moved to waffle.... I am now wondering if thaat was a good move. A tthe end f the day rejection or no rejection Payout is the key right?

I am keen to see your new results between Clever and Waffle these seem ro be the top dogs sso far as I hav been seeing in the last couple days of your tests
jbass350z

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:52:52 PM

Careful with the results.. If everyone moves to clever they are going to suck too! It seems when a pool gets too large they cant sustain the smaller profitable coins.
gnomegawd

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:56:01 PM

switch pools suck man, so does middlecoin, you lose over 30% of daily profits due to middlecoin trading habbits.

beware there are much better mining options.
Okilo

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:25:21 PM

What rejection rate are you getting with CleverMining?

An awefull lot 18.6% ....

So wait a minute your daily payout was More than Waffle even with those reject rates at clever? REason I turned to waffle is the Rejection scared me @ clever, so instead of wasting time i quickly moved to waffle.... I am now wondering if thaat was a good move. A tthe end f the day rejection or no rejection Payout is the key right?

I am keen to see your new results between Clever and Waffle these seem ro be the top dogs sso far as I hav been seeing in the last couple days of your tests

I too had high reject rates, > 20% on three different cards that are currently averaging < 4% on another pool. I didn't stay long. I'm curious how they're still able to make profit. There must be something inaccurate or something we don't know about those abnormally high reject rates.
Firehand

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:42:28 PM

CleverMining is supposed to have new EU server opening soon, which should ease reject rates for european miners. Even 15% rejection rate would be acceptable for me at CleverMining but atm I'm getting 20-30% (randomly spiking to 50%) each card, which has turned me to WafflePool untill EU server opens.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:53:57 PM

As I said elsewhere, don't let rejects scare you. Some coins naturally lead to high % of stales and lost work, due to fast block times. Pool operators compensate for stales when they choose coins, I hope.

There are scenarios where the above is false, like when you're too far from the pool or the pool's coin node is far from others (e.g. is mining a coin only popular in Asia) or when the pool operator didn't fine tune.

I can't even discuss well the reasons of rejects. What I'm trying to say is though, don't run away from higher payouts just because the miner software window looks ugly.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
r00tdude

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:28:58 PM

I might mention that clevermining implemented some newer equipment today and the base reject rate has dropped quite a bit. I actually saw it go below 5% for a period of time. That said, all switching pools suffer higher rejects and stales because of the stales created during a switch to another coin, and the fact that some coin strata (faster coins) have contention because of the fast block times. Comes with the territory...

I have my hash power split between middlecoin and clever for the last 48 hours or so - the smaller rig grinding MC and the larger grinding Clever to spread out the variance and average my returns - and I'm pretty pleased with the results. My 1.8MH rig on MC will likely clear .02 BTC for the last 24 hours while my 4.8MH rig will clear about .05 on Clever.

If I had more rigs, I'd use them the same way - one or two mining on each pool and sit back and enjoy the action.

YMMV

r00tdude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:47:19 PM

I might mention that clevermining implemented some newer equipment today and the base reject rate has dropped quite a bit. I actually saw it go below 5% for a period of time. That said, all switching pools suffer higher rejects and stales because of the stales created during a switch to another coin, and the fact that some coin strata (faster coins) have contention because of the fast block times. Comes with the territory...

I have my hash power split between middlecoin and clever for the last 48 hours or so - the smaller rig grinding MC and the larger grinding Clever to spread out the variance and average my returns - and I'm pretty pleased with the results. My 1.8MH rig on MC will likely clear .02 BTC for the last 24 hours while my 4.8MH rig will clear about .05 on Clever.

If I had more rigs, I'd use them the same way - one or two mining on each pool and sit back and enjoy the action.

YMMV

r00tdude
MC sold a lot of unexchanged "in manual mode" so it's not quite fair comparison.
I have my rigs evenly split between 3 pools (MC, clevermining, altcoinplex) and gonna stay for about a week or so to have some reasonable average.
Next week I guess the worst one will be replaced with another pool and so on... thinking of wafflepool as one of the best candidate.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:55:43 PM

YMMV

r00tdude
Perhaps you could do even a bit better if you use load-balance, instead of pointing each rig to a different pool...

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
drTEntacle

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:09:07 PM

I've made long time statistics for my rigs ~13.5 Mhash/s pointed to Middlecoin.

The data suggest the average value to be 0.01166 BTC/Mhash when mining Middlecoin.

The rigs are located at three different physical locations.
Each location has its own wallet.
I've constructed them consecutively -with pause a few weeks between each.
The longest running location was mining at Middlecoin for 41 days.
The shortest was mining for 12 days.

I used the data obtained from http://mc.vegr.com/flotchart.php?BTC=
And processed them in Excel (in order to correctly count with "Infinity" values present and to add days with 0 payout for the locations that were not payed every day (note: the website calculates the average payment only across the days when some payment occured - which is not actually correct since Middlecoin payment occurs iff your accumulate more than 0.01 BTC))

r00tdude

Activity: 206

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:11:16 AM

YMMV

r00tdude
Perhaps you could do even a bit better if you use load-balance, instead of pointing each rig to a different pool...

I've tried Balance and Load Balance before but my hash rates fell by 20% using those methods. Do you have a magic pill that makes it work properly for you?

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
codon

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:23:11 AM

Guys, guys, it's all good! H20 just came back from his vacation and tweeted: "The pool wasn't properly recording some blocks starting on the 16th. Stats will be frozen while the pool crunches some numbers.".

See?  He will just "fix" the numbers!  So the exodus can stop now!

j/k, I think it's overdue that h2o suffers for his incredible and repeated unprofessionalism.
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 05:21:29 AM

So I was getting 1.4 % over 1 days of mining @ waffle within the first 1hr of mining at waffle I didn't get any rejects and if I can remember it may have been so little as in 0.03 % Always over 100% efficiency hovering between 120-140%

Now my point of all this is

I just aimed my miner at clever

and 47 minutes in and 33.46% Rejects & 75% Efficiency

If i can gt some advise from more experienced users from either pool
What shall I do , just leave it at clever and not care about the rejects and just wait for the payout?
zer0k

Activity: 349

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 07:47:17 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2014, 07:57:31 AM by zer0k

Please point some hashing power to a Scrypt-N coin as it seems to be beating all of the plain scrypt coins right now.

I just jumped ship from middlecoin, hascows, multipool.us etc. over to Trademybit - https://pool.trademybit.com/home/.
I believe they are the first site to have PANDA and VTC on a switching Scrypt-N pool.

Your card will get about 45-50% less hashing power doing Scrypt-N compared to normal scrypt coins
With right around 500K (So 1Mhash on plain Scrypt) I am easily doing over .020BTC per 24 hours for the last few days

You could get autopay in BTC but that costs you 2% in fees, so I just setup an autopay out to Mintpal and Crypsty

ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:53:05 AM

Please point some hashing power to a Scrypt-N coin as it seems to be beating all of the plain scrypt coins right now.

I just jumped ship from middlecoin, hascows, multipool.us etc. over to Trademybit - https://pool.trademybit.com/home/.
I believe they are the first site to have PANDA and VTC on a switching Scrypt-N pool.

1Mh on plain Scrypt is only 400-500K on Scrypt-N, however I am doing over .020BTC per 24 hours

You could get autotrade and lose 2% in fees or just setup a pay out to whererver you want to exchange them

Interesting; worth a shot. They pay out in BTC? I hopped over to the site but I didn't see the payout scheme.
ckoeber

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:53:44 AM

Nevermind; found it. Additional 2% fee for auto-exchange.
pauldulong (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

Ok, the experiment is over! I stopped all miners. I'll post preliminary results soon. For the definitive results I'll wait 48 hours to let everything be exchanged. Also MiddleCoin announced that statistics were off. Hopefully they compensate for their poor statistics in these hours.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

Your card will get about 45-50% less hashing power doing Scrypt-N compared to normal scrypt coins
With right around 500K (So 1Mhash on plain Scrypt) I am easily doing over .020BTC per 24 hours for the last few days

You could get autopay in BTC but that costs you 2% in fees, so I just setup an autopay out to Mintpal and Crypsty

Interesting, I was looking for non-scrypt-non-sha256 multipools and this is the first.
What mining software are you using? A modified cgminer for scrypt-N?

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 10:40:20 AM

looking forward to the preliminary results.

I finally got a second GPU & now mining with 1.25 Mhash/s on MiddleCoin, if one of the other pools turns out better, I might have to look into it
phrozenspite

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:12:44 AM

Interesting, I was looking for non-scrypt-non-sha256 multipools and this is the first.
What mining software are you using? A modified cgminer for scrypt-N?
Yep there's a vertminer and a cgminer with the right kernels.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: