Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:44:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I mine with my GTX 560 ti?  (Read 219 times)
jarisi21 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:11:21 AM

I have a 3 card 1070 ti rig running now.  I have an open slot with a gtx 560 ti installed and am looking to mine something on the side.  I know I won't make much at all.  Just wondering if anyone has any idea what would be the best coins to mine?  Also, what would be the best mining software?  Only software I've found that will work with it is nicehash legacy which only giving 3 cents a day.  I make more than that off my i7 cpu a day.  Someone help because all the research I've done has returned zero answers..... Thanks for any help   Grin
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:59:52 AM

I have a 3 card 1070 ti rig running now.  I have an open slot with a gtx 560 ti installed and am looking to mine something on the side.  I know I won't make much at all.  Just wondering if anyone has any idea what would be the best coins to mine?  Also, what would be the best mining software?  Only software I've found that will work with it is nicehash legacy which only giving 3 cents a day.  I make more than that off my i7 cpu a day.  Someone help because all the research I've done has returned zero answers..... Thanks for any help   Grin

More than likely nothing.  Extremely low hashrate aside, the big issue is that there really isn't any mining software for compute 2.1 anymore.  You are probably better off using it to drive your display and using the 1070s strictly for mining
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:43:41 AM

Someone help because all the research I've done has returned zero answers.
There is a reason why your research didn't provide you with answers. Because there are no good answers. Even if you found some new coin with extra low difficulty to mine, at the end of the day, it won't be worth your effort and time. Simply forget about it and move on.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 08:28:26 AM

try my copy of xmr_stak 2.4.2, it should support your card  (the 5 series) for XMR.  Link Here.

I have a ONDA B250D8P with 2 550ti, 2 650ti a 470.

The power draw will suck for the hashrate;  but it does mine.

Just that card itself on nanopool will take well over a year or three to get a 1XMR payout fyi.

I think I compiled 2.4.4 under Cuda 9, so no support for those older cards....  I had an issue with that.  It was compatible with the 6xx series and higher I think.  It only saw my 2x 650ti's....

So best stick with the 2.4.2 build.   Also it wont hurt to give the alternate DLL's a test to see if they have better hashrate. Link is in the same thread.

you are severely limited on what apps you can mine with, because I believe you need cuda 8.5 and earlier, maybe even cuda 8 or 7.5....

your 1070's will work like a champ with this app, and you're not limited much at all as to what algo you are able to get a miner app for.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Mamasita22

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

560ti too weak for now. Even powerful gpus on the edge of profit
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

560ti too weak for now. Even powerful gpus on the edge of profit

not everyone has the same profit constraints as you...

for instance the machine I mentioned has almost generated 1XMR in ~2 months.   That is 100% profit for me.

so to each his own.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
jarisi21 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:46:58 AM

I'm not entirely worried about profit.  I understand it's old and I won't make anything.  The way the market is ensures that.  But I am HODLing anyways.  So anything would be better than not trying at all.  JaredKaragen, I will try your suggestion and see what I get.  I appreciate your input and will update once I get it going.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: