Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:27:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State of Florida attacks Bitcoin  (Read 8204 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:08:34 AM

Hey, let's stop arguing about discussing these silly points and get back to the major discussion.

Is there any other news or statements related to these arrests? Anyone here know them?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:45:25 PM

We will have to wait and see if they cop a plea or go to trial.

Are they in custody or were they released on bond?
anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:08:45 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 01:42:44 AM by anth0ny

If I'm reading things correctly at http://www.miamidade.gov/corrections/inmate-information.asp then both Espinoza and Reid are still in custody. To get out they need to prove at a Nebbia hearing that the bail premium/collateral is not from an illegal source.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:15:28 AM

If I'm reading things correctly at http://www.miamidade.gov/corrections/inmate-information.asp then both Espinoza and Reid are still in custody. To get out they need to prove at a Nebbia Hearing that the bail premium/collateral is not from an illegal source.

Both criminal complaints had the Nebbia hearing notation.  Sounds correct to me.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:05:18 AM

If I'm reading things correctly at http://www.miamidade.gov/corrections/inmate-information.asp then both Espinoza and Reid are still in custody. To get out they need to prove at a Nebbia hearing that the bail premium/collateral is not from an illegal source.

Jesus, still not bonded out over selling some digital coins?  Getting treated like they killed somebody.

They are not fucking around.
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:29:35 PM

Florida is an ideal pro-dollars state. The reason is, it has lots of retirees who are on Social Security. Retire to Florida the saying used to be. And that's what thousands of elderly people have done.

The state has been living off the money those retirees spend, and neither the retirees or the state want anything to do with a form of trade that could destroy money and their way of life.

Think of it. If Bitcoin became popular, and people started using it in place of money in a big way, we could actually see a collapse of the money system. That would mean the collapse of both the resources for the retired elderly, and the state as well.

While this will not likely happen for some time, Florida is having nothing to do with it. They are "nipping it in the bud" so to speak, and trying to earn some free money off the accused, who probably won't get their money back even if the charges are dropped.

Smiley

Great read +1

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:23:05 PM

For an explanation of Florida, just look for the Twitter feed of "Florida Man."  Basically, someone Googles for "Florida Man" and then posts the stories on Twitter, pretending they're about the world's worst superhero, a guy named "Florida Man."

Almost any news story with a "Florida Man" headline involves an insane, stupid act of some sort.

For instance, top hit on Google News currently:

Florida Man Arrested For FB Post Soliciting $100 Hitman to Kill a Cop

If you are in a bind, send up the Bat signal.  Do not call Florida Man.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:28:20 AM

Jesus, still not bonded out over selling some digital coins?  Getting treated like they killed somebody.

They are not fucking around.

even small violations of anything can be treated very/overly seriously

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: