Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy is trying to break me..  (Read 2354 times)
yourface

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

This is funny but pretty wrong if legit
Mordillo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:45:48 AM

Try to withdraw IFC and you wait 1 week without success, always staying as "pending". You will then get an offer from Criptsy that they can cancel the withdraw... That's the way they offer solutions...  Roll Eyes
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:57:46 AM

I bought a bunch of WDC on cryptsy.

Now i want to withdraw them. I enter the withdrawal for my whole balance. I get an email saying i should confirm the withdrawal of my whole balance. But then! After i click that link, about 5 minutes later, they just remove 75% of that withdrawal sum, and only process 25% of it.

Is this some kind of sick joke???

With this taktic, i will NEVER be able to withdraw all my coins...

There are going for the long con and break me???

God, we really need good regulated and reliable exchanges..

Never had such problem... it usually delay like few days max..
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Sounds like BigVern wants to work a cork screw dildo up your ass bro....

Moving to Puerto Rico...
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:01:16 AM

Sounds like BigVern wants to work a cork screw dildo up your ass bro....

Wouldn't be surprised.

Mrs. Vern wouldn't be too happy about that either

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:46:23 AM

So the reason your withdraw got cut in half is if the wallet hangs on a withdraw it will shrink your withdraw down to a point it will send and refund the remainder. WDC wallet doesn't like the large withdraws. Not sure how that equates to stealing your coins.

In fact for the guys saying your coins are stolen.....Why is it you never contact us about this supposed theft? It's FUD. Some folks rant on and on about this but refuse to run their own numbers. I can provide anyone their running balances easy task. You will always get your coins there is no grand conspiracy we unlike others actually have regulatory requirements. Auditors etc.

Now I get that waiting 36 hours for a lost deployment can be painful we think that time is unacceptable ourselves. We want our ticket times at an hour and are working to get there. To contrast however your bank will likely take weeks or months..... Got it its Crypto its gotta be fast we agree working on getting there.
cthulu1

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:48:27 AM

So the reason your withdraw got cut in half is if the wallet hangs on a withdraw it will shrink your withdraw down to a point it will send and refund the remainder. WDC wallet doesn't like the large withdraws. Not sure how that equates to stealing your coins.

In fact for the guys saying your coins are stolen.....Why is it you never contact us about this supposed theft? It's FUD. Some folks rant on and on about this but refuse to run their own numbers. I can provide anyone their running balances easy task. You will always get your coins there is no grand conspiracy we unlike others actually have regulatory requirements. Auditors etc.

Now I get that waiting 36 hours for a lost deployment can be painful we think that time is unacceptable ourselves. We want our ticket times at an hour and are working to get there. To contrast however your bank will likely take weeks or months..... Got it its Crypto its gotta be fast we agree working on getting there.

+1
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:53:41 AM

I mean were a public facing company with a hard address you can drive to. We have been around nearly a year now and have 170,000 users. Seems like the same 10-20 guys spamming this stuff over and over. Most of the team is available to help anyone who has an issue. Is it hard to get a hold of me sometimes? Sure there are 170,000 of you and one of me same goes for Mullick and Horus. Our support team is getting pretty efficient we just recently hired 4 more agents. I would bet we have a larger support staff than any other exchange.

Does that mean there might not be a guy or two slipped through the cracks? Sure it definitely could happen its something I worry about all the time. IF you really think we dont care your way off base and since I got your attention. Paul recently did this interview worth a listen.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e82-the-bitcoin-opportunity/#.UvcUcUJdW1I
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:18:50 AM

I mean were a public facing company with a hard address you can drive to. We have been around nearly a year now and have 170,000 users. Seems like the same 10-20 guys spamming this stuff over and over. Most of the team is available to help anyone who has an issue. Is it hard to get a hold of me sometimes? Sure there are 170,000 of you and one of me same goes for Mullick and Horus. Our support team is getting pretty efficient we just recently hired 4 more agents. I would bet we have a larger support staff than any other exchange.

Does that mean there might not be a guy or two slipped through the cracks? Sure it definitely could happen its something I worry about all the time. IF you really think we dont care your way off base and since I got your attention. Paul recently did this interview worth a listen.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e82-the-bitcoin-opportunity/#.UvcUcUJdW1I

I have to admit, I was beyond apprehensive to join cryptsy a few days ago, thinking I'd be experiencing lost or incomplete deposits.  But both of my btc deposits thus far went in seamlessly in under 10 minutes.   Purchased VTC just as easily.

Not so sure how I'll fare with the withdrawl process, but so far so good.
Eex77

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:39:31 AM

Seems like the same 10-20 guys spamming this stuff over and over.

You just described most of the threads praising Cryptsy as well

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 03:56:38 AM

I've never had any issues with Cryptsy. Of course I did get the above gift as part of their "Preferred Trader" program.  Cheesy lol
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:06:49 AM

Nice MicroGuy, all I got was a jar of pigs feet.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:08:03 AM

Oh, I did contact you BitJohn. In fact, it took your support team OVER 30 DAYS to respond to my problem. During that time I attempted several times to reach the helpdesk. I even spoke to you personally on IRC and you said you'd get back to me.. you didn't. During that time, everyday, I was being screwed over more and more. In the end, you refused to take responsibility for a bug in YOUR system after it bought coins, on credit, without my authorization. I logged the ticket so you can fix it, instead you used the slow timing of your support desk to your advantage and now you are HOLDING my coin. You have stolen the coin from me, because you're not giving it to me. How is that so hard to understand?

Your exchange suddenly put my BTC account into a negative balance by buying a bunch of extra coins for me, why did you do that? You admitted it's a bug, why aren't you giving me my coins back?

Stop behaving like criminals.

BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 05:22:25 AM

Oh, I did contact you BitJohn. In fact, it took your support team OVER 30 DAYS to respond to my problem. During that time I attempted several times to reach the helpdesk. I even spoke to you personally on IRC and you said you'd get back to me.. you didn't. During that time, everyday, I was being screwed over more and more. In the end, you refused to take responsibility for a bug in YOUR system after it bought coins, on credit, without my authorization. I logged the ticket so you can fix it, instead you used the slow timing of your support desk to your advantage and now you are HOLDING my coin. You have stolen the coin from me, because you're not giving it to me. How is that so hard to understand?

Your exchange suddenly put my BTC account into a negative balance by buying a bunch of extra coins for me, why did you do that? You admitted it's a bug, why aren't you giving me my coins back?

Stop behaving like criminals.

OK I will bite PM me the details again maybe you slipped through the cracks. Like I said I deal with 170,000 people its possible I missed you. As far as the exchange buying coins for you if it overbought why didn't you sell them back? Did you just hold the extra hoping the price would go up? Without seeing your account I don't have enough info.
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

We want our ticket times at an hour and are working to get there.

I've never traded in my life, been on Cryptsy for about a day.  Already lost some coins (Support TIcket #92221) when I cancelled a sell order and they simply disappeared.  That was 10 hours ago.  Meanwhile value of the coins goes down down down...

Honestly this is not a good way to start.  Makes me want to put my coins back in offline wallets and HODL instead of trying to diversify (and generate you guys fees).

So yeah, report from the trenches, first time customer.  Having assets worth actual money simply disappear is pretty unsatisfactory.

EDIT: Reading other Cryptsy hating threads and I wanted to clarify, I'm not saying they have any bad intentions, just that losing track of assets is really off-putting, especially for a newb.  It was only about .1btc worth but still.

SECOND EDIT: That photoshopped twitter post was hilarious BTW  Grin
hownowbrowncow

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:56:58 AM

@TwinWinNerD

Wow I would never have believed it without proof!

Cryptsy is trying to break you.

~BCX~

Brilliant!
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 07:05:30 AM

It's not Photoshopped.

~BCX~

EVEN BETTER! Grin Grin Grin

P.P.S. Thanks for getting my ticked closed.  Now I can throw it into DOGE before I go to sleep Smiley
TwinWinNerD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

So basically what happend today was. That i tried to withdraw again, and now suddenly it works? But yesterday i wasn't possible?

Well, anyone can be the judge if arbritrarilly random actions are really good if you are an exchange...

johncclarke

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:58:50 AM

So basically what happend today was. That i tried to withdraw again, and now suddenly it works? But yesterday i wasn't possible?

Well, anyone can be the judge if arbritrarilly random actions are really good if you are an exchange...

Cryptsy selectively scams people.. if you voice it or raise your concern publicly they tend to "fix it". I went through the whole logging a ticket process, several back and forths, weeks on weeks, but it was like talking to a wall - today after 45+ days they closed my ticket without resolution and stolen my coins. So I encourage anyone that have a problem to make it public, let it be heard and it'll help warn others! Trading is a challenge, you try and learn how the market behaves and moves, the sentiment, how news articles affect the price etc .. and then, you take the riskiest step of them all and trade on Cryptsy. It's like going to Vegas and they are "the house"... and you know what they say about the house.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: