Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Old Coins  (Read 514 times)
Cryptoguru274

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:21:40 PM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.
 Unobtanium - Very rare, merge mined with BTC.
 Peercoin - Pretty sure this coin was the first staking coin.
 Terracoin - Another staking coin, now with masternodes. 

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

Good idea for good old coins but we might not want to be stuck with outdated coins that have out performed its existence. We also want to join these new breed of latest projects with increasing blochchain functionalities. Thanks anyway for the recommendation.

weisner

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 02:34:08 PM

Old coins are the beginnings that bring other coins can appear, with old coins certainly will not forget it but for the current development, only a strong and prestigious new coin will be the talk of the moment.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:53:13 PM

Well, maybe that is your personal opinion. I look into the white paper and observe the price of a coin for sometimes and then decide to invest. Old or now doesn't matter to me.
BitCoinDream247

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:49:37 PM

Now i love to invest on terracoin because i feel in recent time this coins price will increase. You can also invest on bitcoin, ethereum and ripple also. Because these are the main coins of this market.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:40:40 PM

Old coins = old technologies that has no bright future. I think only new coins will replace old ones because have new ideas and technologies so they have more potental to make profits for investors.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

hype of new coins are very risky but the profit is high. people always tend to follow what is hot and then some of them burned later.
xiwanfd

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:27:57 AM

A good coin is one that can survive only after it has settled over time. There are a lot of new COINS that are just some air that will disappear over time. So when we invest, we can look for some valuable old COINS.
placebo1977

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

you make no money on these scamcoins, only a fool would invest. To make big money you only need to find coins that have big volume and exist only on 1 exchange

it is very easy
haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:40:34 AM

This is the first time I have known these coins. I will learn about them. Thank you for sharing.
placebo1977

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:47:54 AM

you will make more on lambo or liza, plenty more
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 12:52:35 AM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.
 Unobtanium - Very rare, merge mined with BTC.
 Peercoin - Pretty sure this coin was the first staking coin.
 Terracoin - Another staking coin, now with masternodes. 

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

I guess this coins is what your portfolio having thats why you are aiming from someone to back it uo since theres no good movement from this for long,but i support you because i know this coins and now upon checking the market value its fair enough to invested for all those who is looking for cheap coins to hold for long try these choices guys maybe in time this will pump,hope so
cryptohobbs7

Activity: 391

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:10:16 AM

The market of cryptocurrency is seeing a huge number of new coins emerging. Investors need to have a solid knowledge of the, market before investing. Checking the old coin and how they worked is one method of gaining knowledge. A lot can be predicted about a certain cryptocurrency by examining the old coins.
huanglui

Activity: 529
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:12:28 AM

Yes, I agree with you. This old coins have some important advantages over new projects: useful experience and loyal customers.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Telegram Twitter Facebook
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄██████████▄          
            ████████████████         
          ████████████████████       
         ████████▀    ▀████████  
        ███████          ███████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ██████            ██████     
        ███████          ███████     
         ████████▄    ▄████████      
          ████████████████████       
            ████████████████         
              ▀██████████▀            

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Linked-In Reddit Medium
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
HEvangelista

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:15:57 AM

As for me I bought coins and earned also in airdrops like a year ago and they are staking coins. After a year they are still staking and I am happy that the wallets are still working and all I am getting are mined coins and it has increased like 50% more than what I had before. Yes they are considered old now. But I can wait until these old coins will have value.
hydrococo

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:27:02 AM

It is true. The longer the age of these coins. It is not the good coins reflect that. At the very least, the coin just proved unable to survive. even many of the new coins instead of more potential. Like the EOS eg.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:30:19 AM

I bought some terracoin because I believe the price will go up again, and I also recommend you to buy Ripple, because Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment

Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment

i will go on this one if they will have a large number of burning on their holdings.
Ripple is a long-term investment but i doubt on that as they are living in the market because of FUD.
I rather hold some NEM/XEM.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

skye0_0

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:34:50 AM

What are the ones worth buying?
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:37:42 AM

Yes mate, i also recommend new people at cryptocurrency to choose those old coins to invest in, because once you are new to crypto, many projects out their are available and you will get hard to choose because you are new to it. And if we have experience, we can have that freely to choose coins we bought
Qegarma

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:39:27 AM

One of my favourite old coin is cardano but cardano is long term coin. Ripple, Sia, Verge, Tron are so cheap now, I think this is the best time to enter in crypto market.
dotherightthing

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:41:35 AM

as someone who was around when all of the coins mentioned in the OP were launched, i can tell you something about each of these coins that is probably not known by most of the current coin community:

Peercoin - legit, this is the only coin in your list that has technical merit and real benefit to users. the guy who made it, i can't remember his name, he also made Primecoin. His coins are novel, but show a devotion to creating useful features instead of creating coins to pump and dump. the idea of staking, such a lasting accomplishment. If i were investing in old coins, this would be one of them.

Feathercoin - started out as a pump and dump scjeme, which was very common back in those "wild west days" of crypto. i'm surprised to know this coin is still alive, probably kept alive by the bagholders in hope they will one day ROI. no one truly believes in this coin, and it is completely unremarkable in every regard. the algorithm used is not a feature, its just a novelty, like other countless alts.

Unobtanium - was made by an employee of the University of Idaho, i think he was an IT guy. He made the original guide for creating altcoins, his username is shakezula. He's a really good dude, but this coin was created for no real reason other than a chance for the dev to mine lots of coins and then sell them for profit. knowing him, he probably still actively trades the coin and supports it. IIRC, its feature was scarcity, an idea which was directly ripped off from the ancient coin that preceded it, called Bitbars. i understand if you support this coin. scarcity is perhaps a good feature,and perhaps it could lend in making the market stable, since the quantity is low and grows very slowly.

Terracoin - is also an altcoin, but it was not made with the intention of scamming. I've had some squabbles with the dev in the past, but overall he's a good person. The coin has questionable use, but the guy who made it didn't do any shady stuff, was never a scammer, was always saw as someone of high ethical standards, and last i checked he was quite active in keeping the market alive for the coin. if you want to support this coin, its cool, but its novel. it didn't add any new features.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: