Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Old Coins  (Read 514 times)
Agozyen (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:10:19 AM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.
 Unobtanium - Very rare, merge mined with BTC.
 Peercoin - Pretty sure this coin was the first staking coin.
 Terracoin - Another staking coin, now with masternodes. 

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

But markets are always willing to follow hot spots.
So I want to invest in some new coin and maybe there's more room for appreciation.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
N-gen

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:18:57 AM

I bought some terracoin because I believe the price will go up again, and I also recommend you to buy Ripple, because Ripple is one of the best coins for long term investment
Agozyen (OP)

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:25:37 AM

But markets are always willing to follow hot spots.
So I want to invest in some new coin and maybe there's more room for appreciation.

And when the hot spot burns out you are left with the ashes of what has burned.  The coins that are left behind are the good ones. 
Ziaderi33

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:48:21 AM

There are plenty of opportunities in Crypto.  Don't get distracted by all the new coins with fancy use-cases and ICO this and Whitepaper that.  If you are relatively new to Crypto I would suggest looking at some of the older coins and see how they have done over the years.

Feathercoin - Fast transactions, the algorithm has changed from Scrypt to Neoscrypt to make it GPU-friendly.

Each one of these coins is still around and active.  Don't be caught up in the hype of new coins without looking at some of the old coins.

my opinion is also so, we must be careful in buying crypto for investment, if not careful we will lose, you can see the coins that have been famous for the buy, I think so

NEIRONIX | SECURITY FROM CRYPTO & ICO SCAM
Token Sale starts on September 1
https://tokensale.neironix.io
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:51:22 AM

I might think that you are forgetting to mention html coin. The majority of them have no demand at all. It's so sad to see that. People are still feeling more comfortable to betting on the new platform because they can generate a lot of money instantly.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Agozyen (OP)

Until the end

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:26:16 PM

I might think that you are forgetting to mention html coin. The majority of them have no demand at all. It's so sad to see that. People are still feeling more comfortable to betting on the new platform because they can generate a lot of money instantly.

I agree, which is why I posted this.  I think there is too much emphasis on making a quick buck.  If you take a long term approach you can mitigate risk. 
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

It's getting tough for mineable coins to get along with the new generation coins with faster and cheaper transactions. Bitcoin is leading but many of it's old competitors are lagging behind. I don't see any reasons for old coins like litecoin, dogecoin, peer, prime or feather or the ones you mentioned have a better rise than bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:07:30 PM

Right now in crypto everything is going super fast, people has very short attention span and don't really care about project fundamentals, team or development - they just jump from one new coin to another chasing quick profits. I agree that some of those old projects are interesting, and passed the test of time. I would add a few coins also like MAID, Counterparty or GAME.
hassan2654

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

there is no old coin or new coin issues there is plenty of opportunities are in cryptocurrency so you never know which one gets the better market, just because a coin is new and fancy it doesn't mean it has better facilities.
robertcross07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

I am fully agreed with you. I believe that crypto industry is not a small chapter. It is huge than our imagination.  To stay up to date and aware, we should be more calculative and judgemental to grab the right choice.
TwisterPipister

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:55:17 PM

A new coin is always a gamble, it can have huge volatility from the start, so people often forget about old coins and tokens in pursuit of gain.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
Harriti

Activity: 756
Merit: 256

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:56:37 PM

Yeah. There are so many new coins released everyday in this world and it's the main reason why these old coins is often forgotten Smiley). But about Unobtanium, I still can see it regularly on Gainers and Losers board on Coinmarketcap and seem like it's the most active coins in your list Grin. At the moment, there are so many complainations about price of cryptocurrency and I think just because they forget about these old good coins Smiley)

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████