Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Myetherwallet question  (Read 160 times)
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:32:10 AM

I have all my etherwallet wallets backup via keystone. Is there a way to get the privatekey from this backup? I don't see any option of it in myetherwallet.
StarKay

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

We All Can Make It

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:43:48 PM
Merited by jacee (3)

Click "View Wallet Info" and then select your keystore JSON file. Once you enter your password to decrypt it, you'll see your private key.
Copied from https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/35464/can-i-recover-my-private-key-with-the-keystore-file

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
jacee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:14:53 PM

Click "View Wallet Info" and then select your keystore JSON file. Once you enter your password to decrypt it, you'll see your private key.
Copied from https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/35464/can-i-recover-my-private-key-with-the-keystore-file
found it. thank you! I didn't see that wallet info tab at first.
PatStyle88

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:29:48 PM

Hi.
Under wallet info, there is also the possibility to print out his private key to make a backup as I think absolutely safe.
I'm still a bit old school
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

Hi.
Under wallet info, there is also the possibility to print out his private key to make a backup as I think absolutely safe.
Yes,you can print that in a paper or stor in the PDF format and move that file into a memory stick or hard drive.Never store that file in your computer itself.

OP you found the answer so better lock this thread to save from signature spammers.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:22:36 PM

Hi.

This thing actually you need to do while you are creating your account on the MEW site. This the kind of backup you can do but actually accessing the wallet with the private key may lead to loose the fund since web have more change to go with incorrect website and hacking attacks.

@Jacee
You may decrypt the MEW wallet with the .JSON file, Private key,  Mnemonic phrase and Metamask. Can use anything this list and decrypt your wallet.
Irvanremok

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Masa Depan Kerja

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:52:05 PM

yes you are right friends. maybe the forum friends who do not understand to get the private key myetherwallet you can do the steps that are given to our friend this. and if you still do not understand then ask in this forum we are ready to help if we know it. do not be lazy to ask if you do not know. do not ever just keep quiet then you will be confused and make you become dizzy.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: