Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:15:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Dropping Precipitously  (Read 6390 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Bitcoin price is dropping like a rock, but some US exchanges are doing their best to slow the decline.

You think the feds started to 'cash' in the coins from their most recent busts?

Where do you think the floor will be by Monday

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:23:14 AM

Bitcoin price is dropping like a rock, but some US exchanges are doing their best to slow the decline.

Where do you think the floor will be by Monday

tell me my friend how long you are in this bitcoin world?
Smiley what I am telling is.
Check bitcoin history.
see bitcoin all time charts ( but not on one screen, make it in parts, to see better what was goin on)

This "drop" of price is like nothing for real.

For example - to do not look back a lot - 13th december 2013 - price about 600$.

And what I can tell you more just look at charts, calculate it in your own.

And you will understand. That - we dont see a big problem at all.

The only problem is mtgox, but hopefully tomorrow everything will be ok.
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:25:23 AM

Anyone would've seen gox going down. Who even uses them anymore when they don't payout...
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:32:00 AM

Tired of newbies preaching doom. There are many topics like that, just use search function and join the choir.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:57:24 AM

Every position moves in waves, clearly that is what you are referring to.  The point is to identify the break in the wave so that you don't drown or otherwise take a bath in red ink.   

I've got a question for you, I see some huge price difference for BTC listed, a bit wider than I've seen in a while, do you think some markets are artificially trying to keep the price up?

1 - if you can predict all rise and falls you will be super trader Smiley

2 - I guess there s a lot rich investors who want to keep price rising. I guess everyone who invest a lot want to see it rise.

Smiley
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:25:43 AM

Not even Gox going down can stop Bitcoin now. The new broke and Bitcoin "crashed" to $700. Seven HUNDRED US dollars! And this is where we stand at this point, when $700 is considered a crashed price. ROFL! I'm still trying to get used to double digits.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:31:26 AM

Not even Gox going down can stop Bitcoin now. The new broke and Bitcoin "crashed" to $700. Seven HUNDRED US dollars! And this is where we stand at this point, when $700 is considered a crashed price. ROFL! I'm still trying to get used to double digits.

Hehe Smiley Thats the point.

But Smiley for those who start use bitcoin when it was $700-800 ... Tongue price drop make some panic Smiley
too much panic. Not too much experience.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

Tired of newbies preaching doom. There are many topics like that, just use search function and join the choir.

There should be a thread called "new around here and have a negative attitude? Post here..."
Tripjammer

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:05:47 AM

Bicoin will be back above $1200 by end of spring. Mt GOX will rise from it's ashes but it will never be the biggest bitcoin exchange again but it will not die.

I think the time to buy cheap alt coins is now. Bitcoin too...

Monday could be ugly but it will be a buying opportunity.

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:56:14 AM

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:49:27 AM

Tired of oldies being so tired, take a pill or something gramps

Wink
He's right. You have no idea what you're talking about Armis.  

"Dropping like a rock" ?  Its almost as if Bitcoin didn't exist a month ago no chart exists that you could look at to help you retain perspective.

I've had this conversation with 3 people this week.  "I heard Bitcoin is crashing HARD!"

When I tell them it was $13 a year ago, and currently $700, its almost as if they can't figure out why they're so dumb.

Rational perspective is not the strong suit of much of the human race.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
efarah2549

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:52:12 AM

enough of these threads already, can't believe you people listen to these guys and keep bumping and swirling the shit stew
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:09:10 AM

What happened?

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

What happened?
Nothing sir.. just discussing and trying to predict what is impossible to predict BTC rate Tongue it was some 540$/BTC just few moments ago.. so few investors got regular panic attack..! but i don't think they should bother about what happening in market on daily basis, rather look back after 3-5years, nd i'm sure like many others that everyone who invested in BTC will surely have a smile on there face

EasyQuest

Activity: 198

Brony Bitcoin, Litecoin Miner

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:46:41 PM

Mt. Gox = Bad News = FUD = low price = allowing people to get cheap coins..... and I am bull person. I think this is a strategy move for large traders to get cheap coins.
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:47:40 PM

What happened?
Nothing sir.. just discussing and trying to predict what is impossible to predict BTC rate Tongue it was some 540$/BTC just few moments ago.. so few investors got regular panic attack..! but i don't think they should bother about what happening in market on daily basis, rather look back after 3-5years, nd i'm sure like many others that everyone who invested in BTC will surely have a smile on there face

The market was technically weak before GOX goxxed everyone. If it hadn't been for this epic panic I would have been betting that the week would continue weak and slumping. However, a drop of 80% does not happen in a normal market. Normally it wouldn't be allowed and people would fear that intensely.

However Bitcoin markets are pure and don't give two shits about what price people want to sell at so we got our epic 100 USD sales and it may very well have brought to this moment, a LOT earlier in time, many of the weak hands that would have normally waited till later in the week/month to participate in some epic capitulation.

We have just entered uncharted waters but I think that the exchange market for Bitcoin just gained A LOT for the long term in the form of lower volatility. Evolution works fast in such a pure market and the predators  FUD'ers might have played their role today.

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

The pioneers of BTC didn't get in it for avg growth, which is why many of them are diversifying into other positions with greater profit potential .

Sure.  Jeff's a big Primecoin miner, Gregory is still spitting feathers about the Maxcoin fiasco, and Gavin's all about the Doge.

We have just entered uncharted waters but I think that the exchange market for Bitcoin just gained A LOT for the long term in the form of lower volatility. Evolution works fast in such a pure market and the predators  FUD'ers might have played their role today.

+1

To all Bitcoin speculators:  You will not be babied.  HTFU or GTFO!
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:08:15 PM

What happened?

The market was technically weak before GOX goxxed everyone. If it hadn't been for this epic panic I would have been betting that the week would continue weak and slumping. However, a drop of 80% does not happen in a normal market. Normally it wouldn't be allowed and people would fear that intensely.

However Bitcoin markets are pure and don't give two shits about what price people want to sell at so we got our epic 100 USD sales and it may very well have brought to this moment, a LOT earlier in time, many of the weak hands that would have normally waited till later in the week/month to participate in some epic capitulation.

the FUDers would be powerless if the CC market took the air out of the media manipulators and  hypers balloons.   Bitcoin deserves a stable market, structured on truth, proof, and responsible accountability.  

Hm, Bitcoin deserves people not prone to FUD and hype, but doing their own research thorouglhy.
There is no problem in creating "insured exchange" with accountability, insurance, trading interruptions in the times of high volatility, etc. Such exchanges would probably limit high frequency daytrading, tape-painting, set limits for trade bots, be cooperating in government... All this is fine and well. As long as such exchanges present themselves as "an alternative" but not as "the only alternative". The ones desiring such exchanges would trade on them and sacrifice profit, liberty and self-responsibility for more security and assurances. Everyones choice.
This is like investment triangle. Investment can be profitable or low risk or liquid. Choose one. Very good investments can be two of these things. No investment is all three. Same goes for services. Cheap, fast, reliable (high-quality). Choose two. Do not cry that they "ought to be all three".
creekbore

Activity: 210

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:28:11 PM

BTC hit $102 after you posted that and before I posted this reply.

seems to me you got some splaining to do lucy

No.  One exchange did one trade at USD102.

So, look at the charts...I don't need to explain anything do I.

Newbs always freak at BTCs price fluctuations....and you're no different.  This isn't the NASDAQ where everyone gets headlines by a 4% move.  Gox has been a disaster for over a year and things are coming to a head.  But we really don't need a young bulls mewling 'disaster' every other thread.

Bottom line is you're here to shill your crypto websites and a bit worried your venture may go tits up before it launches.

Well, don't worry...everything will be fine. Smiley

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:02:02 PM

This could just be the start of the big drops to come.

There are probably a lot of people wanting to cash out, but are doing so slowly as not to tank the market. That is why every rebound the price will quickly go to a new low. That is how I would be cashing out.

I was even saying on btce some days ago that someone knew some inside information on Mt Gox. and that is why the price was falling there so quickly. People are cashing out.

I heard the coin destroyed days was highest it has been some days ago also, people are moving old coins to sell them.

Not looking good, but I do not mind because I sold out about a month ago. Hoping to still have the last laugh as I deserve it with all the flaming I get for being a bear.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: