Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounty is BS.  (Read 203 times)
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 07:07:37 AM

I just want to say that KYC for bounty is BS.

Out.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:22:37 AM

Out.
I'll second that, and I'll add that it is especially BS when asked at the end of the campaign, which happens from time to time. It's fine though if they CLEARLY and OPENLY state that KYC is required at the beginning of the campaign. Than we can choose to opt out and no harm is done.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 07:27:38 AM

If they announce it at first then it's not a big problem but some campaigns announce this at the end of the campaign which I call bullshit

sherwinsamsung

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/cujJP4k

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:31:08 AM

bounties usually require kyc to eliminate multi-accounts.  but it's better if they announce it before the start of the bounties because not all who doesn't do kyc are multi-accounts.  many participants prefer to remain private and feels that giving kyc details is risky.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
1C6fV5DtakfKANLJ8GUV7hCaA (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

Crypto Marketer For Whales

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

If they announce it at first then it's not a big problem but some campaigns announce this at the end of the campaign which I call bullshit

hyperatomically bullshit.

Buy Reddit Accounts & Upvotes
Discord: Playerup#6929
Telegram: @redditfactory
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:04:42 AM

Indeed, if, at the beginning, the bounty thread indicates whether KYC is needed, we can opt out if needed.
However, many shit bounty threads say not need KYC. However, when the bounty is about to be distributed, it suddenly requires KYC, which is disgusting.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Nunii

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:05:18 AM

Yeah it is frustrating to see bounty programs doing it oftentimes. This will cost a lot of damage for those who have no IDs. Essentially, they should announce the KYC beforehand or make a note that KYC is probable so as not to jeopardize the bounty hunter.
loragean03

Activity: 403

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:22:22 AM

Kyc is only for costumers/clients, but to implement this kyc in bounty,  this is wrong,  why? First, we all (bounty hunters)  want to stay annonymous in crypto,  and no one from us wants to reveal this, as long as we are not a costumers/clients. Somebody says kyc is to prevent multi account or alts which is not true, they want to start our job for free advertisement and at the very last part of the campaign, they going to announce that they were going to have/implement a kyc for those bounty participant which is we dont want to supposed to do. I do really hate to be part of the campaigns that has kyc.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:04:04 AM

Out.
I'll second that, and I'll add that it is especially BS when asked at the end of the campaign, which happens from time to time. It's fine though if they CLEARLY and OPENLY state that KYC is required at the beginning of the campaign. Than we can choose to opt out and no harm is done.
I Agree the purpose of kyc is good to avoid and prevent those cheaters but the purpose of bounty is to advertise their product/project to gain some exposure. But I think as long as you do your job in a campaign there is no reason to have a kyc. kyc is suited for investors. some kyc won't allow like US Citizen so if they didn't announce it from the beginning its a trap many bounty managers abuse this method.
epis11

Activity: 295
Merit: 54

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:21:39 AM

I must say KYC is the killer of cheaters lol personally I did not participate before in the bounty with kyc and I can see in some telegram bounty groups that this is one of the hot topics everyday I can see asking if kyc is needed for some payouts and then if kyc is required some bounty hunters are really disappointed its the company rules and we must follow otherwise if you are a cheater then youre the real bs. 
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:23:03 AM

Out.
If the bounty campaign informs in advance about the presence of the KYC, then this is normal. But when already before the end of the campaign, it's nonsense...

MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:24:55 AM

Out.

Then better not to join on bounty campaign that required KYC, I know it is a bit hassle for bounty hunters but still it will help the the campaigns to remove the cheaters who make multiple registration in a single campaign.

Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

I must say KYC is the killer of cheaters lol personally I did not participate before in the bounty with kyc and I can see in some telegram bounty groups that this is one of the hot topics everyday I can see asking if kyc is needed for some payouts and then if kyc is required some bounty hunters are really disappointed its the company rules and we must follow otherwise if you are a cheater then youre the real bs. 
KYC is indispensable in any field and I agree with you if bounty requires KYC for each participant. it aims to eradicate the people who will cheat every bounty.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
ZainSpider

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:27:07 AM

I think they are doing it to prevent multi accounts but I don't think people should join those bounty programs where they want the KYC. I wonder if its even legal to give out our Passports or photo ids to some crypto campaigns? Also its not safe to give out our photos ids, they can be easily used for negative activities.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 575

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:34:58 AM

Out.

You are correct, I just wanted to advise everyone not to send your personal data just for the sake of what? pennies you going to get in a bounty? It has proven already that those those data can really be share in the dark market and you don't like your personal data being compromised. So I don't understand why bounties now require this bullshit. Please read this: Botched ICO leaks users’ passport data, calls police on guy who found the bug.

I think they are doing it to prevent multi accounts but I don't think people should join those bounty programs where they want the KYC. I wonder if its even legal to give out our Passports or photo ids to some crypto campaigns? Also its not safe to give out our photos ids, they can be easily used for negative activities.

But there are other ways to do it. But let's say they really wanted to do KYC, at least prevent its data leaked because hackers have proven already that they can get it anytime they want and sell the data into the dark market.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
sarfield

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:35:36 AM

For now many projects require KYC and this is arguably positive for reducing cheating, but if the KYC is announced early in the course of a project of course every participant has prepared it, and if the KYC process is easier then it will not make the participants confused.
If the KYC notices at the end of the campaign are sometimes complaining and this causes the participants to disbelieve the distribution and feel aggrieved when the KYC process is rejected.

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
[/center]
Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:37:23 AM

I think KYC and surprise announcements are to help get rid of scammers who might have multiple accounts in the bounty. For those honest bounty hunters it is welcomed, as it helps stop the scammers from getting more tokens then they deserve.
mindmastering

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:40:19 AM

I don't have a problem doing the KYC.

The problem is the way this is communicated. Like you guys said, it is pointed out at the end of bounty.

The worst thing is that most times they just do it on the bounty thread and in the telegram group. They could send an email at least.

Some of us are going through dozens of bounty programs and not every day you re-check the telegram group.
Tanya78

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:41:33 AM

I do not like what KYC should do. I do not understand why they need it, to weed out some people, and not pay?
KobbyC

Activity: 361
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:42:49 AM

I don't know why most of the bounty hunters hate KYC so much. I personally think is good to include KYC in your plan. It reduces number of scammers or perhaps get rid of them completely. Most campaigns with KYC are legit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: