Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounty is BS.  (Read 203 times)
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:49:57 AM

I dont see any problem with kyc but it would be better for campaign managers to announce it beforehand so that the bounty hunters can prepare the needed documents and submit them on time.
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:10:07 AM

Well, if they clearly stated it at first then I'm all good. But when they ask it later on I get frustrated and I'm doubting the project. Like, they're asking too much from us already.
optimusprimalh

Activity: 141

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:14:30 AM

KYC is very good thing for bounties, eliminating multiaccounts and the control over the people who own ICO's tokens. But it would be really fair, as you write, to announce KYC at the start.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ ███  █    Telegram   Twitter   █  ███  Ⓞ fluzcoin
█  █ █  █  The Intelligent Retail Currency █  █ █  █ 
Backed up by global retailers Legally compliant Non-speculative
bucsky

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

einc.io

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:19:54 AM

I just want to say that KYC for bounty is BS.

Out.
I am not participating in bounty asking for KYC. It was so frustrating sometimes that after the campaign, only asking for it. Then we are forced to provide in order not to waste aur time. But the worst thing here is after providing all the requirements we did not received any token.

》          EINC   ■■■■■   ETHERINC - an ETHEREUM FORK
DAO 2.0 is LIVE - Register your DAO Now   ((   EINC.IO   ))
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:21:43 AM

when some bounty/ICO is asking for KYC it is like a thief going to the cops and asking for a license to steal.

what is happening is that these people are most probably gathering your information so that they can abuse it or at the very least sell it on the dark net to a lot of buyers who will then abuse it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Drop6cam

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:26:46 AM

I agree, KYC is fucking shit!  Nevertheless, it is possible to earn a bit more in such a project not whimsical in terms of anonymity
ariyzt

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 10:32:51 AM

i know input ur identity for kyc in bounty is quite risk
but u can't do anything about that
they have their own ruler. sad thing is many bounty using kyc for aviod cheater right now
olenka.1988

Activity: 152

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:17:07 AM

Well, if they could then they did not ask you to provide your data, since in any case everything is processed and this time, so it is necessary according to the legislation of the country where they are located and the requirements of the tokens

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MOOLYACOIN.IO ║ World's 1st Comprehensive Global Digital Startup Ecosystem (https://www.moolyacoin.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:25:25 AM

Out.

Are you talking about Aitheon?

I saw that they had a KYC for airdrop which itself is outrageous, but afterwards i saw that they collect data on their own webpage not using kyc company, this is just ridiculous.

And in general I do not see why bounty hunters need to go trough KYC.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:28:09 AM

there are good and bad about KYC. there are some or many people here have multiple accounts they used in bounty campaigns in result they got more reward if there is a KYC it can avoid it. but what if the bounty that required KYC is scam then your info will possibly be sold. if bounty from the beginning announce that they require KYC could be okay but if they only tell it later then it is not okay. if we know there is a KYC we can choose not to participate in it.
Best80

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:30:58 AM

Yes it's bullshit if Bounty manager start asking for KYC after the completion of the campaign, they should always release their requirements before we start the campaign.
baby25

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:48:06 AM

in my opinion KYC is good for bounties because this is to secure and prevent from scammers. it is just to make sure that all the participants within the bounty campaigns are true and doesn't have multiple accounts
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:49:08 AM

They should anonce it in the bigining of campaign, I don't like when some campaign requests kyc end of the bounty, it is deceiving, good bounty managers knows it and that's why I usually try to intend in bounties with proper thread manager.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
mindmastering

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:18:47 PM

I am trying to be as understanding as I can.

I image that at the end of ICO they consult legal people and decide that it is in their best interest to cover every objections from exchanges and institutions.

However it would be nice to send a friking email.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:22:08 PM

Out.

Know that frustrating feeling from around the forum. Most of the people dont like the idea of sending their KYC's to the unknown companies, entities who offers the ICO in first place. Being world wide we always need to send passport and critical document similar to that and thus it becomes literal danger for us to compromise these docs to someone. I think yes its completely absurd thing that they are asking for these from us. Plus for bounties we are just participant of the campaigns and we get rewards for that, its not the technical sell at all and thus asking for the KYC is not allowed/should be restricted.
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:10:21 PM

I actually agree with the implementation of KYC for bounty and airdrops participants just to prevent participants from using multiple accounts, as cheating on a project, therefore I think the use of KYC is very effective to prevent it

ZeidFreak

Activity: 200

Macho Gwapito ako!

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:57:19 PM

I actually agree with the implementation of KYC for bounty and airdrops participants just to prevent participants from using multiple accounts, as cheating on a project, therefore I think the use of KYC is very effective to prevent it
I disagree on some point that KYC on bounty aren't require. they will hack our identity and can be use to some negative aspect. We need to have a good reputation in any bounties not for a bad reputation.
cryptoneox
Copper Member

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:01:12 AM

Maybe, but in my experience I'm getting much more from bounties with KYC than without it. Spreadsheets of campaigns with KYC are not full of participants which means that people with fake/bot accounts are not trying to participate in them, so for single-account users this is the last refuge.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:10:15 AM

Out.

basically KYC for the purposes of requests for legal umbrella. but there are many ico projects that do KYC even more so to avoid the number of farmers. we all know that there are many illegal activities from many members in this forum. I am sure they are well aware. so anyway I think this is fine when it really is really needed even more so for now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: