Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:30:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I lost my coin.  (Read 1066 times)
Sadyshagg

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:49:35 AM

Many people lose the value almost more than 70% but this is due to sudden growth in the last year. If we sell them now we are going to loose the value.
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:59:20 AM

Never trust anybody about your bitcoin balance, you have keep secure your blockchain data account is save for yourself, you can save it by using your manual data or you write on your note book. Never give to other about your blockchain data because bitcoin have higher price and make every one will stole your bitcoin balance. Next time never give any one your log in data and save for your self.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:00:37 AM

I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.

If I have a huge amount of Bitcoin or another Altcoins, I just save it in the only place. That is in cold-storage wallet. Although, it is quite annoying when trading, but it is the best safe way now. Never save much money in Exchanges and online-wallets

dele4

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

it happens because your account was hacked by someone who is expert in hacking. and you are less careful in securing your wallet. my advice do not open your wallet through smartphone because it's easy to hack.

███  ████     BAAN►X  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:21:29 AM

Many people lose the value almost more than 70% but this is due to sudden growth in the last year. If we sell them now we are going to loose the value.
Well, the OP didn't lose the money because of the value of bitcoin its just so happen that someone is hacking his personal details about his wallet which is very unfortunate for him. Learn to secure all your assets here in crypto, because everyone wants to have bitcoin and for sure if they see an opportunity like that they will hack you at any way.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:26:30 AM

I have lost Hugh amount of bitcoin, and I believe some person's here too have gone through same. Can we please share our experience and lessons.

My story :My wallet was hacked, by God knows who. That was 2017 may. I logged in to my blockchain wallet to notice that 0.9  btc I have been accumulating Since 2016 has been taken. Leaving less than $5 worth of bitcoin for me.

My lesson :  don't trust anyone with your crypto, laptop or password. Because I believe someone close to me did that.

I never lost any of my coins though hacks, but I lost a huge number of coins in various ponzi schemes (in 2013). Anyway, take this as a lesson in life experience and try to be careful in then future.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

Sorry for your loss, sometimes we learn lessons in a very hard way and never forget these lessons for the life same is your case.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Chirs

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:35:11 AM

I think many people do not understand in using cryptocurrency. before you join crypto there should be an education about privacy in cryptocurrency, you should not inform anything about all your accounts and most importantly your wallet, never talk about it to anyone else.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:36:18 AM

You're right, don't trust anyone. Always take your funds safety with you, use strong password and good antivirus software, never click on any strange links.
Nilupulie

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

I stored my tokens with MEW and i installed metamask for additional safe. Metamask is a google chrome extension and no need to give MEW passwords to internet. Further always bookmark your website and log from there only since there are so many phishing websites. Do  not click suspicious web links and they can track your passwords.
Suharjo

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:54:07 AM

it is indeed a risk that must be faced when we decide to invest in crypto. here's a lot of scams and hacking, so you have to learn a lot from mistakes. my advice is to use hardware wallet because it is safer.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

As a result of decentralisation, the security blockchain was supposed to offer have become a major problem. Truth be told you're more likely to be scammed in crypto than your bank account, at least if you notice any phishy transaction from your bank account you have someone to report to but if it happens in crypto, sadly you are on your own. When I joined bounty early I made a mistake and entered my private key in one of the forms I filled but by the time I noticed it, it was already too late. I watched as someone transferred my tokens from my wallet and I was helpless and couldn't stop or reverse the transactions.
It is true that there are many scams going on in the market but that is false, most scammers and hackers are in fiat, credit card fraud is huge and it is a global problem, the issue is that in fiat you can get your money back or block the account in which the stolen money was received but this is impossible with bitcoin, and we knew from the beginning that we are in our own since one of the most famous slogans of bitcoin is to be our bank so you have no one to call for help.
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:41:49 PM

very sad to hear that , money could always turn people to evil. You can't blame them but you can also see the possibility that your computer has been infected and that would cause also the hacking of your btc , hopefully next time you will be living your bitcoin to much more secure place.
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:44:41 PM

Hey you lost your money for your mistake. That is not a hacking. That is purely your mistake. You should not share your password and privatekeys. Many of them posting like myetherwallet got hacket. Without proving your private key which not possible. So dont blame myetherwallet.
Nedrek

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

At me on a computer from which I go on the Internet and I work with crypto currencies it is established Linux Ubuntu. A very good operating system that allows you to protect your computer from viruses.
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:55:44 PM

sorry to hear that, mate. thnx for sharing. crypto might be brutal. not only cool stories out there
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:03:20 PM

It is very sad story. I know that you can trust only yourself, especially when we are talking about money. You are your best friend and advisor.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 06:15:31 PM

You don't trust anyone regarding your private key or passwords. Unless it's your wife =). But, it's a good thing that you learned from this unfortunate experience. Next time be careful about your crypto coins. Because we are talking about money. Because if you don't you will lost all your money.
oOVVVVVVVOo

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:27:59 PM

Therefore, you need to use hardware wallets such as TREZOR or Ledger. There have been no hacking cases and probably will not be yet, because they are isolated from the network. I use such wallets and advise others. I'm not worried about my money at all.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:45:43 PM

very sad to hear that , money could always turn people to evil. You can't blame them but you can also see the possibility that your computer has been infected and that would cause also the hacking of your btc , hopefully next time you will be living your bitcoin to much more secure place.
This is why it is important to protect our computers with a password and if it is possible your wallet should be in an encrypted USB, at least that way you can access your wallet only when you want to send money, also a USB does not look like the first place a person will look for a wealth of information or money since most people keep their most important information in their computers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: